Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3141 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

How I would do it (Flash)

KINCART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 35

Edited By KINCART

In my version Barry would be a detective and Wally would be in his later years in high school and Barry would already be married so he would be Wally's uncle. I would have Barry and Wally receive their powers the same night as the result of an accident caused by Eobard Thawne's experiment to give him self super powers. Thawne would start a crime spree with his new powers while after Barry discovers his powers he tries to find a way to stop the villain know now as Professor Zoom. Barry would become the Flash and would tell Wally not to use his powers and just focus on school. In the end Wally would disobey Barry and help him stop Zoom. A few years after the formation of the Justice League (see How I would do it Justice League) Barry would die as one of the first of Earth's heroes to face Darkseid. After Barry's death Wally would become the Flash and want to take Barry's spot on the Justice League but they would turn him down because of his age. Wally would then decide to work with some of Earth's younger heroes as and they would become a team known as the Titans after fighting along side the Justice League to defeat the New Gods. As a result of Darkseid's Omega Effect and Barry's connection to the speed force Barry's powers are transferred to a civilian bystander by the name of Jay Garrick (who I see as being in his forties)who after discovering his power takes the name Mercury (with an updated version of Jay's Flash Costume from regular continuity) and is given Barry's spot on the Justice League.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Video_Martian

Cool ideas :D

But WHY would you want to kill off Barry?!? He's awesome ;)

KINCART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 35

#2  Edited By KINCART

@mr.obvious: No Barry was awesome and he had a great and heroic death and I don't want to take anything away from that. That being said Wally got robbed and I want him back.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

@KINCART said:

@mr.obvious: No Barry was awesome and he had a great and heroic death and I don't want to take anything away from that. That being said Wally got robbed and I want him back.

Couldn't agree more.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Video_Martian

@KINCART: Well, you don't have to kill off Barry in order to bring back Wally. Both are great Flashes; they both bring something different to the table. You must also remember that death is NEVER long-lasting in comics (I mean they brought back Hal Jordan and Bucky Barnes, for gods sake).

And yes, don't worry, Wally will soon be back ;)

Avatar image for the_eurythmic_king_of_nowhere
    The_Eurythmic_King_of_Nowhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok people. There's no need to kill off Barry. I admit, I'm not the biggest Barry Allen fan (Wally will always be the Flash as far as I'm concerned). But if you're gonna keep Barry at least keep Wally as an important minor character, and keep his history as Kid Flash intact. Wally and Dick have always been my favorite buddy team. You could have Barry start off as the Flash for at least the first story arc and slowly make Wally more of a main character, having the sub-plot be whether he should follow in his uncle's footsteps and stay a speedster. Then maybe you could have Barry departing to play a full-time role in the league and keep both characters in-universe. I would honestly settle for him delegated to a recurring role in Nightwing, or Teen Titans as a former sidekick or consultant. I just want Wally back.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By blackadamFTW

Really like the idea, except for changing Jay's name to Mercury. I say they just have two Flash's, with different costumes.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Martian

DON'T KILL OFF BARRY BUT BRING BACK WALLY, DC!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.