Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3141 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

First Image of New 52 Wally West

• 112 results
    redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else hate Barry in these pages? Hes so high and mighty, It's freaking annoying.

Last issue Barry was complaining about how It's all his (Flash) fault and that he could have saved the city. Now when someone else actually agrees with him hes all white savior.

He should have understood where the kid is coming from but instead he jails the kid.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..going to be an interesting ride, the next few issues...looking forward to the Flash annual on weds.

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By mace1111

Interesting.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104  Edited By CaptainMarvel4Ever  Online
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

Anyone else hate Barry in these pages? Hes so high and mighty, It's freaking annoying.

Last issue Barry was complaining about how It's all his (Flash) fault and that he could have saved the city. Now when someone else actually agrees with him hes all white savior.

He should have understood where the kid is coming from but instead he jails the kid.

For the record, he didn't jail him, the cops said they would call his parent's.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Dredeuced
    @jayc1324 said:

As long as he has the same personality and him being black doesn't change anything this should he ok

This literally can't happen though. They already made sure of it when they killed off his entire extended cast of family and friends, or the ones who did survive have no clue who he is. You can not possibly have Wally West have the same personality he had post crisis. He was an adult the entire time (Except for the rare flashback) and his character was literally based around that. Explain to me what you actually expect Wally to be and this might make some sense to me, but, hell, the majority of Waid's run was focused around his relationship with Bart and Linda -- tell me how they can bring back that aspect of his personality, because it's the singular most important piece.

If you mean him having the same personality when he was 10, I guess Wally West being racist against black people and saying "Golly Jee" and being a generic silver age sidekick would be a hilarious direction to take it.

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Here is an artist's rendition of what the new Wally may look like as Flash or Kid Flash:

No Caption Provided

http://ajremix.deviantart.com/art/DCnU-Wally-West-450224668

Again, I have no opinion on this change, and the only opinion I do have, is that it's a very nice piece of art.

The red hair's a nice touch but this isn't the point and what Wally looks like isn't actually the problem. It's about all the stupid stereotypes he fulfills while simultaneously enforcing DC's lazy, idiotic, and sneaky racist ideology.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By CaptainMarvel4Ever  Online

@dredeuced: Again, I don't have any say in this, I just wanted to show off what he may look like, and share my friend's art work.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's my thing to those who say it doesn't matter.....Why do it then?

Does it do anything for the story? Does it contribute something new? All i see that it does is add color to the cast, which as a black person i find insulting if that and the controversy are the only reasons they decided to do it.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By mysoulz

So a minority attempting to vandalize the city by tagging anti-Flash symbols, dressing and portrayed like a thug causing trouble, who's name happens to be Wally West. I find this insulting and stereotypical. Totally different and the opposite of Wally's character. The original Wally, around his 10 years of age, is more mature than this 12 year old pre-teen Wally. He's even worst than Billy Batson's character.

Avatar image for beyondthespeedforce
    BeyondTheSpeedForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for beyondthespeedforce
    BeyondTheSpeedForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree I'm not a fan of Barry He has the same issues that superman has which makes him kinda boring but wally on the other hand is really interesting

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By VenomousDragon

I grew up watching the justice league cartoons, it's one of the reasons I love comics, calling this guy wally west rustles my jimmies.

lumutness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually don't have any problem with this new Kid Flash (or is this Impulse, now?) being bi-racial. Actually he got some interesting backstory, too, and he would be new addition to speedsters family as Barry's apprentice/nephew/whatever. Even if there's no Wally West here, I would somewhat accept the new Impulse. Just like Kaldur and Garth are different Aqualad.

Making him Wally West is the main problem. Yes, I agree if it's the insulting part. You'd think that they want to make this Wally being rejected by fans. I already accepted him as a different character than Wally, but it still grated my nerves when I remember his name. This is why I never pick up any Flash issues 'till now. (sorry, Imp).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.