Does anyone like his new costume?

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

there are aspects of it i like but for the most part i think its a failure. i like the darker color and am iffy about the new chest symbol, i really dislike the new cowl. all in all i was expecting something more modern looking but this looks like they tore it off a classic super hero. The original flash would be better suited for it i think. 
#2 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by danhimself (21898 posts) - - Show Bio

the only thing I don't like is the the way the cowl goes straight across under the nose....everything else is fine...I was hoping for Jesse Quick to get an updated costume and I really like Iris as Impulse

#4 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually kinda dig it. Dont love it. but I dont hate it.

#5 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

the anatomy is turning me off like crazy, and i hate how crimson it is.

#6 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

iris becoming impulse doesnt seem like new news to me, havent they had pics of her in the costume for a while? i want to know how she went from dead to being able to run fast (wasnt her power the ability to walk thru things?) So what is going to become of her brother?
#7 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

i also think the lighting bolts over the ears are to low, he looks like a cone head
#8 Posted by danhimself (21898 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
"iris becoming impulse doesnt seem like new news to me, havent they had pics of her in the costume for a while? i want to know how she went from dead to being able to run fast (wasnt her power the ability to walk thru things?) So what is going to become of her brother? "

They were sharing their connection to the speed force because they were born at the same time and it was killing them....so Iris took the speed force away from her brother and now has the complete package so now she can run fast....she didn't really die...I think the transfer knocked her out and thats when Jesse Quick came in and revived her....her brother will probably be just a normal kid now
#9 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it! Looks AWESOME!

#10 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig it.

#11 Posted by Risky (12616 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" I was hoping for Jesse Quick to get an updated costume"
Partially agreed. I hope she would return to this costume:

#12 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"@DEGRAAF said:
"iris becoming impulse doesnt seem like new news to me, havent they had pics of her in the costume for a while? i want to know how she went from dead to being able to run fast (wasnt her power the ability to walk thru things?) So what is going to become of her brother? "
They were sharing their connection to the speed force because they were born at the same time and it was killing them....so Iris took the speed force away from her brother and now has the complete package so now she can run fast....she didn't really die...I think the transfer knocked her out and thats when Jesse Quick came in and revived her....her brother will probably be just a normal kid now "

o see i thought she was giving her powers up for him to survive is how i understood it and jessie quick came in and gave iris some of hers or something. i thought her brother was gonna become more powerful, i cant see them making her selfish and taking all of it to save her brother, but rather give it all up to save him and give her life for him
#13 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Loks just as good as any other I frankly didn't even notice that..

#14 Edited by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio
 I love it and it is cool! It will eventually grew on all of you like Damien did. 
@danhimself:
What I like most about it is that it is a perfect mix between her father's an mother's costume.
#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be worse, it still says Flash. They could have made it blue....

#16 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig it. But i prefer the original. But w/e.

#17 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1405 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many Flashes. Too Green Lanterns. 

Honestly, Wonder Woman seems like the super-family thats the least crowded. Her, Donna, Cassie, maybe Artemis. 

Too much clutter. No me gusta.

#18 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Band Lone said:
" Loks just as good as any other I frankly didn't even notice that.. "
Ditto.
#19 Edited by DMC (1549 posts) - - Show Bio

Walley's new costume? I LOVE IT!!!   

But I'm not feeling Liberty Belle's new Jessie Quick duds.

#20 Posted by Serpent (209 posts) - - Show Bio

The anatomy is bugging me.

I also would prefer Jesse Quick to return to her awesome costume.

#21 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the lightning symbol.  I'm fine with the color but I wish the mask style looked more like Barry's.
#22 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs to be brighter imo.

#23 Posted by AtPhantom (14454 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm cool with it. Not digging Liberty Belle's costume though.

#24 Posted by JLAsuperdude (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I wish Johnny Quick didn't die everyone is there except him ever since I got the whole All-star Squadron series I've loved him but I think Wall's costume is really cool except for the cowl. 
#25 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

If Iris is Impulse, what happened to Jai? I thought Iris died though...

#26 Posted by Rune (302 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think is much of a change

#27 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428 said:
"If Iris is Impulse, what happened to Jai? I thought Iris died though... "

thats what i thought
#28 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. It looks like the one from the old live action TV show.

BTW the show was awesome.

#29 Posted by HaHaManHV (234 posts) - - Show Bio
@Watch Dog: No. I'm sorry and not trying to be a jerk but that show was terrible. I have it, I have seen it. I love the Flash more than everybody I know and I still think that show sucked. 

Also, the costume change is so slight, and with different artists and colorists it won't even be that noticeable. See Wally's appearance in Blackest Night #5. It looked pretty much the same. I love this money shot of everybody in new(or old) duds, I just wish that they had Jai there to address that whole issue of what will become of him.
#30 Edited by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@HaHaManHV: Really you thought it sucked?  I liked it it was great for it's time and it was nice to see some thing that was not Super Man or Bat Man.
#31 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, i want more information on Jai's status
#32 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

how about his new NEW Costume! 

#33 Posted by HaHaManHV (234 posts) - - Show Bio
@Watch Dog: Yes, because here is the thing, the show had almost nothing to do with any characters from the comics. I am all for modernizing stuff like with Smallville, fine, but with the Flash, where you have the guy running around in tights, he should have more than one villain in costume (Trickster) and the Captain Cold was an abomination. I love the show in theory, I mean, Flash is great and I think he has a lot more to give for a television series and I understand getting sick of Batman and Superman, but I still need quality (I haven't seen it in a while to be fair, and maybe if I watch it again it will be better, but I don't think so).
#34 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@HaHaManHV: Well to each there own I see your points and I had similar complaints back in the day but It wasn't that bad.
BTW if you did not like it then you probably will not like it now
#35 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio
@Band Lone:
Neither did i
#36 Posted by intothetempest (288 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: Could anyone tell me the names of everyone in that picture? I know most of them, Barry Allen, Wally west, Jay Garrick, Jesse Quick, and is that Bart Allen? But i'm not sure about the rest.
#37 Posted by Mainline (1129 posts) - - Show Bio
@intothetempest said:
" @DEGRAAF: Could anyone tell me the names of everyone in that picture? I know most of them, Barry Allen, Wally west, Jay Garrick, Jesse Quick, and is that Bart Allen? But i'm not sure about the rest. "
From left to right... 
Jesse Quick, Max Mercury, Kid Flash II (Bart), Flash II (Barry), Flash III (Wally), Impulse III (Iris "Irey" West), Flash I (Jay) 

• Jesse Quick is the daughter of two golden age heroes, Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle and shares their powers (speed from dad; flight and strength from mom) and has gone back and forth between the superhero identities of Liberty Belle II and Jesse Quick
  • Max Mercury is a time traveling speedster from the past, the first good guy to be consciously aware of the Speed Force and induct the Flash Family in its ways
  • Irey West is the daughter of Wally West and Linda Park and twins with Jai West... the two had different manifestations of Speed Force powers until Wally cured them... Geoff Johns then decided to "cure" them again  resulting in Irey getting all the powers and Jai becoming depowered... Irey decided to step in the the mantel of her "cousin" Bart... because... they were so close and stuff... I guess... [I apologize for all the editorializing but this particular move really bugs me]

All of their more detailed bios can be read on Comic Vine.
#38 Posted by intothetempest (288 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mainline: Thank you so much, I wasn't expecting something so detailed but that really helped, so thank you for that. I really like the flash family, I didn't even know about Impulse III, that's really cool, thanks again
#39 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio
@intothetempest:
yea but i was hoping Jai would be the one that ended up with the powers. I think Iris will be a good super hero but i always thought it was kinda selfish of her. They knew that they couldnt both hold on to their powers and one would have to give them up or they would die or something like that and instead of doing the selfless thing and giving her powers up to ensure her brothers safety and possibly losing her life she took all of his powers and left him unconcious (for the time being)
#40 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

I LIKE IT =)

#41 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked some of his other costumes better but this one is alright, hopefully the interior artwork for it is better though.

#42 Posted by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
"Could be worse, it still says Flash. They could have made it blue.... "

actually i liked him in the Blue lantern flash outfit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.