Dan DiDio Teases Return of Wally West (Maybe)

• 95 results
#51 Posted by Webb_ (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

What BS. The DC editors seem intent on consistently stringing along fans of the forgotten (Wally, Cass, Steph) with false hope and vague teases, only to never have it come to fruition. It's complete and utter bullhockey. I'll believe it when I see it, in the form of him being back in comics.

That pretty much covers me.

#52 Posted by annafh (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if they did bring him back, his history and personality would probably be too warped to recognize anyway.

#53 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

That's just Didio joking.

#54 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it earlier. If it happens, it will something minor like Dial H or Multiversity most likely.
BB

#55 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Barry Allen anyway. But on the subject, where' s Obsidian and Jade eh?

#56 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
@LordRequiem

I prefer Barry Allen anyway. But on the subject, where' s Obsidian and Jade eh?

Nonexistent for the foreseeable future.
#57 Posted by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Saw it earlier. If it happens, it will something minor like Dial H or Multiversity most likely.
BB

Yeah, most likely. Those are the only way for him to appear as Flash. Although tbh I am not sure I would want for him to be back, the way things are now.

#58 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Yeah, most likely. Those are the only way for him to appear as Flash. Although tbh I am not sure I would want for him to be back, the way things are now.

But you stopped reading...
BB

#59 Posted by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

But you stopped reading...
BB

Still that doesn't mean I don't get informed on the characters I like.

#60 Posted by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont bring him back!

#61 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

Sick of hearing about Wally

#62 Posted by Nightwing82 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer Barry over Wally and don't think the new 52 needs more than one flash, maybe bring back wally as impulse?!! or create a new super hero alias for him with his popularity you'd think the options for DC are endless, i'd like to see him maybe reinvented in the peter parker mold

#63 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

#64 Posted by microwave25 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do we need so many Flashes? Seriously we have Barry Allen in Justice League and his own book and then we have Jay Garrick in Earth-2! Whats the obsession with bringing absolutely every character back. This is why the Big 2 suck at bringing fresh and inspiring new ideas to comics when they keep on recycling these old characters.

#65 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

They'll probably ruin him.

#66 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Barry over Wally honestly, so if Wally does come back cool but leave Barry as Flash!!!!

#67 Posted by Flash1777 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

personally i dont really want wally back i prefer barry because hes powerful ...like hes just the right amount of powerful not 500 times the speed of light powerful thats just stupid ..i mean if he did come back i would just prefer if barry was the fastest seen as he is the speed force

#68 Posted by Dru_zod (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fhiz said:

They see me trolling, they hating, patrolling trying to catch me ridin' dirty

LoL

#69 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Cassandra Cain as well.

#70 Posted by BritishMonkey (324 posts) - - Show Bio

He won't do it. There's more chance of him bringing back Stephanie Brown than Wally, and you know the chances of that...

#71 Posted by Elaine (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet he's joking as a flex of power to show he's not threatened by all the hate he gets on a regular basis. It's not like people could like him any less if it were a lie. Good for him.

#72 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

So long as no one overreacts to this, It's fine

#73 Posted by BlackRowan (51 posts) - - Show Bio

stephanie brown?

#74 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!!!!! Come on, I like Barry but Wally is MY Flash!!! GIVE HIM BACK!!!

#75 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

How about a New 52 Adam Strange

#76 Posted by cbishop (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Dan Didio has a friend or relative named Wally? lol

Since New 52 began because of Flashpoint, could the return of a lost Flash signal the end of New 52? This isn't me being hopeful - I think it could go either way at this point.

#77 Posted by RayeGunn (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm... I think there may be something to this, if only because it's strangely specific for an offhand comment. And there IS that new West character in Flash...

#78 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6898 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome

#79 Posted by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

when im a writer for Marvel or DC im gonna tease the return of chracters no one wants to see.

' happy Quanza Dr. Bong'

' have a great Administrative Assistants day, Streaky the super cat'

#80 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio
@kid Apollo I like Streaky...
#81 Posted by Catsnlynne (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry is the best Flash.
#82 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@microwave25 said:

Why do we need so many Flashes? Seriously we have Barry Allen in Justice League and his own book and then we have Jay Garrick in Earth-2! Whats the obsession with bringing absolutely every character back. This is why the Big 2 suck at bringing fresh and inspiring new ideas to comics when they keep on recycling these old characters.

It has nothing to do with bringing another Flash back. It's about bringing back a beloved character. Wally is not the same person as Barry or Jay. They are different characters. There is more to a character than their powers or mantle.

#83 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@kid Apollo: I like Dr. Bong... :P

#84 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn you Didio! (shakes fist angrily!)

#85 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@Azrael66 said:

Bring back Cassandra Cain as well.

I do not thing that is possible anymore either. In Nightwing, Lady Shiva is said to be around Dick's age.

#86 Posted by Sidious (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I've stopped caring about the "New 52". Call me when they change things back.

#87 Posted by sinestro_GL (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

What's all the complaining about? The current Flash title just oozes brilliance!

#88 Posted by snootchie_bootchies (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Wally! Bring back Wally!

#89 Posted by Abigail_The_Magical_Person (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I don't see why we can't bring Wally back as Kid Flash. I would hate to earse his history, but I rather he be back as a kid than not be back at all.

#90 Posted by modunhanul (407 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Wally West, but I think DC shouldn't bring him back too soon.

#91 Posted by BlackRowan (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sidious: i agree

#92 Posted by DocFishstick (241 posts) - - Show Bio

if they do bring him back do something new with him. lets not make him the flash. give him a new name or something like that.

#93 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Wally and all, but...

I want Donna Troy, Cassandra Cain, and Renee Montoya to return instead.

#94 Posted by LenSnart (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: nice idea but Daniel is almost definitely Wally's dad, I mean there's only been two west's confirmed in the new 52, Daniel and Iris, and we know Iris is Wally's aunt, so that really only leaves one option

#95 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre flashpoint, the name of Wally's father was Rudy (Rudolph like the most famous reindeer of all).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.