Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3141 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

Couple Questions about Flash...

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hksaru

So even though he has access to the Speed Force and can move and think super fast and not tire, walk through walls and lend speed and whatnot, I'm curious what his durability and strength are like. Because even though he can move super fast, shouldn't it still hurt him a lot when he punches someone when going really fast like when he does this "Infinite Mass Punch" I see repeated all over these forums?

Can't remember the other question I was musing earlier, will come back when I remember, lolol

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

It doesn't matter......he doesn't exist anymore...."

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Billy Batson
    No Caption Provided

BB

Zoomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zoomy

@Avenging-X-Bolt: His legacy will live on forever... (They should bring him back so I can finally find something interesting to read again)

@Hksaru said:

Because even though he can move super fast, shouldn't it still hurt him a lot when he punches someone when going really fast l

The speedforce protects him , Wally has a protective aura(?) around him that protects him. The force is strong within him!

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crash_Recovery

The Flash has always operated on sort of a "pseudo science". During the 60s (some awesome stories, believe it or not) it seemed to be a lot more grounded before the concept of the "Speed Force" was specifically expressed. Having said that, we still don't know the limits/powers of the Speed Force, because it's changing, even now in the current Flash title.

I suppose the weak answer is that the Speed Force can do whatever is needed to advance the story...

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skunkstein

He has super healing and im also pretty sure that the speed force takes over and gives his body a near infinite mass thus making him super durable/strong.

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
    captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His strength is not that great. What gives his punches real KA-POW is his velocity (i.e., Infinity Mass Punch). The speed force does appear to give limited durability when he is delivering punishment to his opponents. But he is subject to cuts, contusions, broken bones and whatnot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.