Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3143 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

Could this be the new 52 version of wally ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

i googled wally west new 52 and found this picture. Personally i think this is a cool costume and hope they use it for wally.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Z3RO180: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/artisticneedham/my-ideas-for-wally-west-in-the-new-52/87-84186/

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By z3ro180

@Jonny_Anonymous: so this is fan art ?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Z3RO180: It's just a Brett Booth sketch

Avatar image for deactivated-6318083af35cc
    deactivated-6318083af35cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Maybe this will be

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lamenoire

well, this reverse flash seems to know barry so it could be Wally.

And I guess Wally would have a reason to go in reverse (reversing flashpoint)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#7  Edited By Teerack

@therrieur: Based off his dialog i think it would make more sense to be Reverse Flash.

Also has anyone else seen this image? I thought it was pretty funny. The best part is the Scott Alan one xD

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Teerack said:

@therrieur: Based off his dialog i think it would make more sense to be Reverse Flash.

Also has anyone else seen this image? I thought it was pretty funny. The best part is the Scott Alan one xD

No Caption Provided

Lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Teerack: What I was saying is that wally became reverse flash, I just thought it was too evident for me to have to say it, even the logo is in reverse

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By kidchipotle

If they made Wally a bad guy I'd be kind of heart broken but it would kind of make sense that he wants to reverse Flashpoint so I guess I'd be okay with it. Assuming that's his role in New 52, I mean.

EDIT: Just saw the OP was made 4 weeks ago. Haven't caught up on Flash issues yet. I'm on #14. So I don't know what's developed of Reverse Flash.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Teerack

@therrieur: Oh. I thought the odds of DC making Wally a villain are so unlikely I didn't think you meant it that way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Teerack: Maybe Wally wouldn't think of himself as a villain, just of someone who wants to makes things the way there supposed to be, but to achieve this goal he has to challenge Barry in some way.

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lamenoire

well, it would make sense. He lost everything after all...

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#14  Edited By Black_Claw

If Wally were to return, I'd like for the design in the OP to be used for him. He can probably branch off and be his own hero like how Dick Grayson went from Robin to Nightwing.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teerack

After watching the Flashpoint movie it got me thinking about something I didn't think of before.

The New Reverse Flash has claimed to be the good guy.

He's going around killing people connected to the speed force and then sucking up their speed.

In Flashpoint Barry Allen wasn't able to break the time barrier and revert time back to normal because Zoom was using just enough of the Speed Force so that Barry couldn't get fast enough.

So wouldn't it make a lot of sense for Reverse Flash to be Wally killing people in an effort to get enough speed to break the time barrier and try to get everything back to normal?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dredeuced

@teerack said:

After watching the Flashpoint movie it got me thinking about something I didn't think of before.

The New Reverse Flash has claimed to be the good guy.

He's going around killing people connected to the speed force and then sucking up their speed.

In Flashpoint Barry Allen wasn't able to break the time barrier and revert time back to normal because Zoom was using just enough of the Speed Force so that Barry couldn't get fast enough.

So wouldn't it make a lot of sense for Reverse Flash to be Wally killing people in an effort to get enough speed to break the time barrier and try to get everything back to normal?

maybe, too bad Booch and Manapul already said it's not Wally because they don't think just bringing back Wally to be the villain does the character justice and, more importantly, because Didio has told them from day 1 that they are not allowed to bring Wally back, or even reference him, under any circumstances. They actually planned to give a little Wally cameo when they introduced Iris but DC wouldn't even let them hint that he exists.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: i heard that didio said they have a plan for wally but they arent sure when to execute it. so im guessing if they drop more books they will eventually have to do it to get a selling book

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: i heard that didio said they have a plan for wally but they arent sure when to execute it. so im guessing if they drop more books they will eventually have to do it to get a selling book

The only thing I've seen Didio say about Wally is "he's on the backburner until further notice, go read Barry's book." The most he's done besides that is give a mocking post on his facebook, saying "Merry Christmas to Everyone! Even you Wally. maybe I'll see you in the New Year." which he promptly deleted.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: the thing i saw was back when the 0 issue came out and that west guy was in it. someone asked if that meant we will be seeing wally and he saidif we bring wally back we have sokething completely different in mind. personally i would love to see wally try to undo flash point and get rid of the new 52since ive been dropping almost al of my dc titles except gl and constantine.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dredeuced

@dredeuced: the thing i saw was back when the 0 issue came out and that west guy was in it. someone asked if that meant we will be seeing wally and he saidif we bring wally back we have sokething completely different in mind. personally i would love to see wally try to undo flash point and get rid of the new 52since ive been dropping almost al of my dc titles except gl and constantine.

Yeah they're not undoing New 52 anytime soon. Daniel West is Iris' brother and, much like new-52 Iris, has nothing to do with Wally so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.