Who else was both saddened and angered by her death?

#1 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read through my New X-Men issues today, and I found her death the most touching (alongside tag).

#2 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

What are u talking about?

#3 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84550 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern Prime says:

"What are u talking about?"

The Enigma says:

"I just read through my New X-Men issues today, and I found her death the most touching (alongside tag)."

Is it that hard to figure out Lantern? Lets walk through it. Hmmmm, New X-Men (a comicbook) Wallflower (an X-Men character) death (when someone dies) touching (he felt something when reading it)

If that doesn't help then get a helmet, cause its game over.
Post Edited:2008-04-30 18:22:35

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

stands up and applauds Gambler

M

#5 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84550 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha thank you thank you

#6 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

With a name like that, avoiding death is impossible.

#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

truthfully, I was unbothered...the saddest, most angering death to me was Icarus

#8 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

actually not her specifically but all these kids dying was sad...

#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Icarus was like major tragic. Laurie was forgettable...though i did like her abilities

#10 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#11 Posted by Kenee (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like Icarus and Wallflower back...

#12 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they remain dead; it makes their deathes more meaningfull.

#13 Posted by eter (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Laurie will come back in x-force because of the tecnarchy and Eli bard with his Caliban zombie.

#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"

Icarus was like major tragic. Laurie was forgettable...though i did like her abilities

"
Totally change my mind from that now... it was sad how she was sniped while her and Josh were arguing.
#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

Wallflower is worthless.I wish the Punisher would have killed her to support my gore fetish.

#16 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"pixelized said:
"

"
Totally change my mind from that now... it was sad how she was sniped while her and Josh were arguing.
"
Awesome issue. Left on such a cliff hanger.

Vance Astro said:
"Wallflower is worthless.I wish the Punisher would have killed her to support my gore fetish."

Why would Castle kill her?
#17 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I was sad about Laurie's death =(
She was a very loveable character.

Her and Elixir were soo sweet together.

#18 Posted by jambito_X (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still so sad... =(

#19 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked hewr, but if they bring her back it would be as a gross toy for wither...
#20 Posted by GREGalicious (473 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
Keep in mind, once upon a time, Kitty Pryde was considered a pretty useless character and look at what she became. If writers didnt know what to do with her, they just shouldve wrote her out for a while...
#21 Posted by scourgexlvii (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Her death was touching, but... in a bad way... like in that "It just shouldn't have happened" way. And for a moment yo are incredibly saddened, until you realize that someone decided that the best way to make dramatic tension in that moment is to kill off a main character in that book, and that now, no one can ever bring her back (if they even want to; she's not really on the short list to revive) without cheapening her death, and subsequently Elixir's darker turn.

#22 Posted by xgirl (137 posts) - - Show Bio
@scourgexlvii:
yup indeed. its stupid
#23 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized:
Icarus? Tragic? Wasn't he the one who tipped Purifiers? I think after betraying his teammates he deserved death.
#24 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:

" @pixelized: Icarus? Tragic? Wasn't he the one who tipped Purifiers? I think after betraying his teammates he deserved death. "

He betrayed them, but he didn't really know what he was doing. His death was pretty tragic. When he found out what the Purifiers were actually up to he was shot in the head but he still tried to leave a sign on the ground in his own blood with "NIMRO.." to warn the X-Men.
#25 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine:
fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
He went to Stryker AGAIN after the bus exploded. How dumb can a person be not to take a hint and not to alert the X-Men? Instead he lured Sooraya into a trap (thank God for Laura Kinney, or we could lose Dust too!).
#26 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
" @John Valentine: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. He went to Stryker AGAIN after the bus exploded. How dumb can a person be not to take a hint and not to alert the X-Men? Instead he lured Sooraya into a trap (thank God for Laura Kinney, or we could lose Dust too!). "
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the first bit, but whatever.
He was an idiot, there's no denying that, but he realised exactly what he had done before he was mercilessly shot in the head. That's why his death is tragic.
#27 Posted by xgirl (137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979:
i hate icarus but for me his dead was out of character. he is not THAT stupid
#28 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1088 posts) - - Show Bio
@xgirl: agreed, I didn't think he was that stupid either to fall for Stryker's tricks! 

As for Laurie... I re-read the New X-Men comics, and yep I teared up once again... Hated that her and Josh were fighting when she got snipped... but it was a good death after all her character was super powerful (we saw in house of M) sure it would have been nice to see her grow as a character but it was a good death... brought out the bad ass in Elixir 

and as for Icarus's death... I thought his moms speech was so sad <3 loved it.
#29 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that i just read it....im pretty saddened by it, i really liked her while reading the Academy X series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.