How is Wakanda so advance?

#1 Posted by windcaster (227 posts) - - Show Bio

I attributed it to three things. (1) The vibranium meteor that caused the mutations could have accelerated their evolution. (2) They were not affected by the Dark Ages. (3) When Azzari sent his people out to covertly learn about other societies.   

#2 Posted by Paracelsus (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple,unlike practically every other African nation( maybe excluding Ethiopia or Abyssinia as it was known), it was never colonized by outsiders( be they European Christian or Arab Muslim) and so was able to develop unhinded) or its people enslaved!

Terry

#3 Posted by windcaster (227 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paracelsus: What I am trying to figure out is how they were able to get to their level of technological superiority. That's an example of how they were able to maintain it.
#4 Edited by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Paracelsus said:

Simple,unlike practically every other African nation( maybe excluding Ethiopia or Abyssinia as it was known), it was never colonized by outsiders( be they European Christian or Arab Muslim) and so was able to develop unhinded) or its people enslaved!

Terry

exactly, since nobody f'd with them they developed uninhibited. Think of how far America's come in it's relatively short existence as a nation, now imagine that technology wise it had much longer to develop.

#5 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@windcaster: Originally, the advancement of the country came from the distribution of Vibranium, rather than it mutating the populace. Their advancement also comes from the fact that they were never colonized by European settlers or outsiders, and historically, they have never been conquered. Due to Reginald Hudlin's retcon, Wakanda has always been ahead of the rest of the world in technology (before his retcon, Wakanda's technological advancement wasn't until T'Challa became king and used Vibranium as its main export). Jonathan Hickman recently expanded on Hudlin's retcon, with Bast (originally Bastet, the Egyptian Panther Goddess) approaching ancient Wakanda millennia ago with the heart of Amun-Ra. His heart was offered to them in an attempt to give Wakanda more than what the rest of the world has, which is why Wakanda is what it is, today.

#6 Posted by windcaster (227 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: I follow everything except about the v ibranium not mutating the populace. Are you saying that was retcon as well? MODOCK even said that the Wakandan people's genes were altered by the  v ibranium which gave some of them unique abilities. Like the old man who was able to see the  Intelligencia sneaked into Wakanda. And Benshga had to isolate Wakanda in order to keep the mutation from spreading. My point is prior to Hickman's recent story-arch I always thought that made the most sense.  
#7 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@windcaster: I only remember Vibranium mutating one person, and it took a lot of T'Challa to defeat that person. I know that the Vibranium mutated the flora and fauna, but I had no idea that it mutated the populace, too. When did MODOK say this?

#8 Posted by windcaster (227 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing about MODOCK is from fall of Hulks. I remember the Intelligencia sneaking into Wakanda and like I stated before an elderly man could somehow see through their clocking device and he committed on how it was possible. As for the mutation I remember reading that Bashenga closed off Wakanda originally as a way to keep the mutated Wakandans from escaping so that they would not harm anyone else. I just assumed over time they grew distrustful with the outside world. It could be possible that it was all  retcon at some point, but thats my hypothesis.    

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.