Follow

Vormund

Character » Vormund appears in 18 issues.

Vormund (formerly Hauptmann Deutschland) is a German special forces operative and a government sanctioned superhero. He was the leader of Germany's first superhero team, Schutz Heiliggruppe, and has fought alongside Captain America several times.

They have potential

SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

Edited By SuperXAsh

If anyone really cared to use them that is.

Cause in the case of Hauptmann Deutschland, it'd be cool to see a non-evil German being used in the Marvel Universe. Hell most of the Germans used in comics anymore seem to be villains from World War 2 and their offspring. With maybe the sole exception being... I dunno.... Nightcrawler? But I guess it'd be another case of "Americans Writing a Story about a Different Culture" sorta deal, so I guess understand WHY he hasn't been used much. That or Marvel has honestly forgotten about him. 

And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by France's hero team "Les Heroes de Paris", introduced during the Civil War. Sure they were portrayed as a little silly, from the Thing's perspective at least, but there's some material here that could definately be developed upon.

I guess what I'm saying is that I would just like to see more of the Marvel Universe be expanded upon. Maybe go into detail about how the rest of world (aside from America, Britain, Russia, and occasionally Japan) has been dealing with the "Age of Marvels". They just need the right idea.

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Shadowsnake89

" Maybe go into detail about how the rest of world (aside from America, Britain, Russia, and occasionally Japan) has been dealing with the "Age of Marvels". They just need the right idea."

That's something  id really like to see.

SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By SuperXAsh
    @Shadowsnake89:
    glad to see I'm not alone. :D
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

Foreign heroes do have a lot of potential, but not so for most of the ones mentioned here.
    Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Paracelsus

|That being said, I DO wish that Marvel would research its stories involving foreign countries better and their practices better. I was amused to read a Captain America story in which Hauptmann Deutschland captures the Red Skull and puts him on trial for his life(along Crossbones and other henchmen) despite the fact that Germany has no death penalty(any more than Britain does- we abolished hanging in 1965- see Wikipedia's entry"Murder:Abolition Of Death Penalty ACt, 1965"). I realise that Americans are notoriously ill informed about other countries(probably due to the sheer size of their own country), but is it asking too much them to thoroughly research other countries and their practices???(louis L'Amour , author of Westerns, said that when he mentioned a spring in his novels, it not only existed but its water was good to drink!

Terry

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
    Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superxash: well, sometime they remember his existance, even if only for a page! So will still hope, one day, he will have some more space :)

No Caption Provided

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Well, the post secret wars Marvel seems more global than pre secret wars with both New Avengers and Spiderman apparently operating all over the world now. Before it tended to be America or the entire planet.

It makes sense that with research on other cultures and countries being as easy as it is today and superheroes becoming popular in other countries due to the movies

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.