Follow

Voldemort

Character » Voldemort appears in 15 issues.

A Dark wizard of nearly unmatched power, Lord Voldemort is the main antagonist of the Harry Potter series. His rise to power was marked by atrocities so horrifying that few wizards dare to even speak his name.

Lord Voldemort/Tom Riddle Respect Thread

• 95 results
    Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

@jnr6lil: Voldy has a great chance, tom marvollo riddle? not so much

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@nerx:

@nerx said:

@jnr6lil: what society?

DC or Marvel would stomp his ass, fantasy novels and sci fi plus anime too

also Vgames

then tabletop

@mirrorwave4: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/superman-vs-lord-voldemort-1456461/?page=4

you mean this one where voldy is given lube and the rules are bent so that he has a 'chance', to such an extent that it is locked?

No one in this current society would beat Voldemort. That is a fact.

Many people in DC would beat him, but he can beat some people in DC, too.

It all depends, it all depends. Also, if you came here to hate then go create a Voldemort hate thread. This thread isn't for haters.

@nerx said:

@jnr6lil:they can shoot him before he grew up to be voldy or kill his parents, depending on time frame

@mirrorwave4:

giving him prep time is out of character, just like ordering salad at mcdonalds

No Caption Provided

Bullets won't work. I have debated this point with you before, bullets won't work. Stop hating, stop trolling.

"Giving him prep time is out of character"

Where does J.K rowling say this? What kind of hate do you have for Harry Potter?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: I dig hagrid and his giant spider, also the whomping willow along with several creatures in the world of harry potter like the bludgeoning ball in quidditch (also that yellow thing with hummingbird wings, whatever the hell it was)

For the 'bullet' thing he was shot up in the joke battle thread, do you seriously want me to make a Voldy vs SoK thread?

since you believe on NLF

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@thetimestreamer:

The bald dude is Potter btw
    The bald dude is Potter btw

Have anything better to do then hate?
    J.K rowling was a woman on welfare writing stories for her children, her friend published one of her stories, they became famous and sold and now she is successful. That story touched my heart. You should be happy for her and atleast respect her works.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Go ahead. Make a Voldy vs SOK thread, it'll be locked, though. I don't believe in the no limit fallacy. You don't know what I believe, you're not in my head.

First, it is explicitly stated that electronics don't work in areas with a lot of magic around. It helps explain why the wizards don't have the best of both worlds. Most of the gadgets Muggles would use in combat, from radios to nightvision, and even some weapons, would be rendered useless simply by there being so much magic around.

Second, it's implied in the books and outright shown in the movies that magic can manipulate Muggle devices, and Muggles themselves; Tom the bartender at the Leaky Cauldron silences a car alarm with a wave of his wand and some unknown nonverbal spell. If Alohomora can unlock a door that isn't magically sealed, then Locomotor could manipulate the action of a weapon, to jam it, make it backfire, or even stop the bullet in midair and redirect it to the shooter. Protego is a shield against most minor magical and physical attack, probably including bullets. Obliviate is not a slow spell to cast, even verbally. Neither is Stupefy or Sectumsempra. All three can render a Muggle combatant completely unable or unwilling to fight. Disillusionment can render a person invisible to all but the closest observer; Dumbledore can cast such a good one it rivals an invisibility cloak, and yes, wizards have those too. The Unforgivables could turn Muggle gunmen against each other or have them writhing on the ground in unspeakable agony, and yes, even kill them outright. If you think a Special Forces team would have any chance assaulting Hogwarts, you're sorely underestimating the weapons and defenses available to even a lone wizard; no wizard would even bother going toe-to-toe with a Muggle assailant.

Third, remember Muggles think magic is a complete fantasy. That's magic's greatest power against Muggles; we don't believe it. It's not explained in the prelude to Book 6 exactly how the Death Eaters destroy the bridge; in the movie of course it's a spectacle, but even then the Muggles might just have seen puffs of black smoke. Discounting magic as impossible, the Muggles would have instead come up with any other explanation they could, however implausible, because any other explanation would have been more plausible than to say it was "magic".

Plus, Wizards have been shown to be able to manipulate and bend muggle technology. Gunmen are doing NOTHING to Voldemort. Present a book resourceful argument if you disagree.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks:

No Caption Provided

Dude what part of Hagrid fan did you not read, In general I despise angsty types or brooders. Which voldy fits in rather well.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Alright. Despise of him. Does that mean you must ignore the facts and persume that if someone has a gun then Voldemort is auto dead?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: use short sentences, do you expect people to read walls of text

Short sentences

short sentences

Go ahead. Make a Voldy vs SOK thread, it'll be locked, though. I don't believe in the no limit fallacy. You don't know what I believe, you're not in my head.

Thats the annoying thing about ya mister voldy vs gang, you make intentional stomps yet I never flagged ya. But when somebody does it so you bash like a mad gopher

First, it is explicitly stated that electronics don't work in areas with a lot of magic around.

guns employ cartridges and gunpowder, son

Second, it's implied in the books and outright shown in the movies that magic can manipulate Muggle devices

So you are basing this on assumption?

would protego shield from a Nuke?

Third, remember Muggles think magic is a complete fantasy.

muggles are just a racial slur for humans in HPverse? that does not apply in other works of fiction.

Gunmen are doing NOTHING to Voldemort.

How about a gun operated by magic?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks:

Despise of him.

I hate the players, not the game. Case in point, DBZ is a good anime but 'some' of the fans are just downright parasitic. You like HP, yet claiming he wins against everything is disgusting.

Does that mean you must ignore the facts and persume that if someone has a gun then Voldemort is auto dead?

Nope, but in my thread the conditions are 'tanking' the shot as in no form of magic (you blatantly ignored nth metal from Justice League Unlimited. Also disregarded the colt from Supernatural). In my thread he is bound and unable to do sh!t.

thread hijacker

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I like the Harry Potter series, but I greatly dislike J.K. Rowling. She clearly took ideas and inspiration from other works of fiction but when anyone tries to remotely use her works without her permission she shuts them down big time. There was going to be a Harry Potter themed parade in a small town in India and she forced them not too because she wasn't getting any money for it.. Legally she can do this but that does not mean what she did was right, that town had had other movie themed parades without issue but she shut that down because she feels overly entitled. I would have less of a problem with it if she hadn't blatantly taken material from other works of fiction, which she still hasn't owned up too admitted. Also annoyingly most of the material she borrowed/stole from had all of their movie rights bought up by Warner Bros right after they purchased the film rights to Harry Potter. That's too coincidental to be a true coincidence.

Again I am a fan of the books, just not her she is somewhat of a b!tch in my opinion from some of the things I've heard her say and things she's done. It really wouldn't bug me at all about her borrowing material, everyone does that even it it's on an unconscious level, but for her to deny it to such a degree and be such a b!tch about people using anything even remotely referential or similar to her works makes me not respect her. Good writer, bad person. At least to me.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx

Thats the annoying thing about ya mister voldy vs gang, you make intentional stomps yet I never flagged ya. But when somebody does it so you bash like a mad gopher

I wanted to see if people really thought Voldy would die to a gang. Some did, how sad for them.

guns employ cartridges and gunpowder, son

Wizards can still manipulate it. They have manipulated cars before, doors, machines, etc.

So you are basing this on assumption?

would protego shield from a Nuke?

The definition of implied is not assumption.

As for a nuke:

Protego Maxima

Fianto Duri

Repello Inimicum

+ a transfiguration spell

Would all stop a nuke.

muggles are just a racial slur for humans in HPverse? that does not apply in other works of fiction.

Originating from the Harry Potter books by JK Rowlings.

1)A non magical person
    2)A 'normal' person
    3) A person not involved or aware of your social circle's activities

Ex 1 & 2) Harry Potter's uncle, aunt, and cousin have no connections to the magical world or magical abilities, and are referred to as muggles.- Definition of Muggle

Alright.

How about a gun operated by magic?

Still no. That just makes it more stomp-ish. There's many spells to stop magic in the HP universe.

I hate the players, not the game. Case in point, DBZ is a good anime but 'some' of the fans are just downright parasitic. You like HP, yet claiming he wins against everything is disgusting.

I request evidence because this is factually incorrect. Take a look at this.

Nope, but in my thread the conditions are 'tanking' the shot as in no form of magic (you blatantly ignored nth metal from Justice League Unlimited. Also disregarded the colt from Supernatural). In my thread he is bound and unable to do sh!t.

Taking Magic from Voldemort is like stabbing Superman with kyrptonite. If he has legilimency then he can sense the person's thoughts and get out of the way before the gun is shot. Or simply wipe out their thoughts, thus stopping them from knowing what they were doing.

Anyway, are you finished with your little rant?

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@vortex13: I have not seen so much hate in a post on Comicvine before. She was on welfare, her children couldn't even have decent meals. She's now valued at 1 billion net worth by publishing a few books. I feel happy for her because I don't think I could be able to get through on welfare. Her story inspiried me to live life to the fullest.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#63 JediXMan  Moderator
    @jnr6lil said:

@nerx: Gods excluded, No one in our society could beat Voldemort.

Considering there are lengthy debates as to whether or not a sniper can take him out, I'd say that's a rather bold claim.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks:

to be honest I dislike you in battle forums, but I read your fanfic about voldy and vader .That one is nice.

Wizards can still manipulate it. They have manipulated cars before, doors, machines, etc.

They are not omnipotent, explicit feats not implications

Protego Maxima, Fianto Duri, Repello Inimicum

NLF, much. I am under the impression that you put magic above all others

Magic in HPverse =/= magic in other verses,

I request evidence because this is factually incorrect. Take a look at this.

That one is a sound thing w/o wankery, also valthor is nerfed in round 2, however that is just one of them.

Taking Magic from Voldemort is like stabbing Superman with kyrptonite. If he has legilimency then he can sense the person's thoughts and get out of the way before the gun is shot. Or simply wipe out their thoughts, thus stopping them from knowing what they were doing.

superman survived in returns, he has not. Nth metal nullifies ALL magic, hence why syaera hol can whomo Dr. Fate. He can only bob a head, which won't do much.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Nerx
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 JediXMan  Moderator

@vortex13: I have not seen so much hate in a post on Comicvine before.

Really? His post was hardly hateful.

And I know for a fact you have seen more hateful posts. Just saying.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 JediXMan  Moderator

@nerx said:

@jedixman: refer to this

Loading Video...

Yup. And he's talking about low-tier Jedi there, just to be clear.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: When fighting anakin/ashoka use plot powered cad bane.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 JediXMan  Moderator

@nerx said:

@jedixman: When fighting anakin/ashoka use plot powered cad bane.

... -_-

We don't talk about TCW.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: bounty hunters > jedi
    when said bounty hunter is packing dual pistols

but the best answer is Thrawn

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 JediXMan  Moderator
    @nerx said:

@jedixman:

bounty hunters > jedi

when said bounty hunter is packing dual pistols

*eye twitches*

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: coughcadbanecoughjangogamecoughteraskasigamecough

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex13: I have not seen so much hate in a post on Comicvine before. She was on welfare, her children couldn't even have decent meals. She's now valued at 1 billion net worth by publishing a few books. I feel happy for her because I don't think I could be able to get through on welfare. Her story inspiried me to live life to the fullest.

A lot of people are in that situation and haven't been able to rise out of it even if they work as hard as they possibly can. I also don't see how that matters in the context of my post, she had humble beginnings and worked very hard to get out of them yes, and that is great for her, but since when does that entitle a person to be a jerk? Oh and the parade I mentioned in that town in India has a lot of people come to it and provides a good bit of revenue for the town that is by English standards very poor.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx:

to be honest I dislike you in battle forums, but I read your fanfic about voldy and vader .That one is nice.

If you dislike me then why are you on my threads?

They are not omnipotent, explicit feats not implications

I never said they were omnipotent. They'd be banned from the Battle forums if they were. There are obvious on-screen feats and in-book feats. I have proven it, now pick up the tab and go do your research.

NLF, much. I am under the impression that you put magic above all others

This is getting useless. I never explicitly stated that I was putting magic above all others! I never explicitly stated such. Out of all the rivals I have faced on Comicvine you are the easiest to deal with, due to lack of evidence in your statements.

Hey, I think D.C. magic is above HP magic. I think under the right conditions Zatanna can take out the Death eaters. Under the right conditions.

I think Dr. Doom would destroy Hogwarts and Voldemort easily. His magic is above theirs. What are you trying to prove here?

That one is a sound thing w/o wankery, also valthor is nerfed in round 2, however that is just one of them.

This still disproves your argument. You claimed I think HP stomps everything, which is factually incorrect. I realize I was incorrect in that Negima thread, after research I saw how overpowered and overrated this guy was. You're not really damaging my reputation or my past statements in anyway, sir.

superman survived in returns, he has not. Nth metal nullifies ALL magic, hence why syaera hol can whomo Dr. Fate. He can only bob a head, which won't do much.

Voldemort can also return with his Horucruxes if he's killed. I didn't even understand this part of the post:

Nth metal nullifies ALL magic, hence why syaera hol can whomo Dr. Fate. He can only bob a head, which won't do much.

So...

Anymore statements?

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
    @jnr6lil said:

Considering there are lengthy debates as to whether or not a sniper can take him out, I'd say that's a rather bold claim.

Please, I don't want that sniper vs Voldemort debate on a respect thread.

On all the Star Wars respect threads people are respectful.

on all the Dark Horse Comic respect threads, DC respect threads, Stephan King respect threads people are respectful.

People are not so respectful on HP respect threads.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks:

If you dislike me then why are you on my threads?

Bash voldy wank, and to read your fanfics (those are nice, you should write more)

There are obvious on-screen feats and in-book feats. I have proven it,

some you do, with quotes and what not. others you fill the blanks

due to lack of evidence in your statements.

Never did argue with you on a vs thread,

Voldemort can also return with his Horucruxes if he's killed.

They are destroyed, in scenario 2. Also they get shot up by the colt in scenario 1

So...

They remove his advantages

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@jedixman said:
    @jnr6lil said:

on all the Dark Horse Comic respect threads, DC respect threads, Stephan King respect threads people are respectful.

Voldemort can read minds and use Fiendfyre. He'll know about a sniper. He also has force fields.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@nerx:

Bash voldy wank, and to read your fanfics (those are nice, you should write more)

So you admit, you comment to bash a character (which can lead a thread off track, which is against the Battle forums rules)? Also, thank you on my fanfic compliments.

some you do, with quotes and what not. others you fill the blanks

Right.

Never did argue with you on a vs thread,

Your statement that I believe Voldemort stomps everyone and everything. No evidence. No factual basis.

They are destroyed, in scenario 2. Also they get shot up by the colt in scenario 1

What? Are you speaking of your joke battle? I pay no mind to it.

They remove his advantages

Let me get this right: YOu make a joke battle, PURPOSELY remove a character's advantages to make him look bad? You aren't a good sport, now are you?

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@kingjohnrocks said:

@jedixman said:
    @jnr6lil said:

Voldemort can read minds and use Fiendfyre. He'll know about a sniper. He also has force fields.

I love Voldemort. I think a Sniper would fail to him. But let me ask you what the critics ask me: How in the world would Voldemort be able to read the mind of a sniper far away?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks:

So you admit, you comment to bash a character (which can lead a thread off track, which is against the Battle forums rules)? Also, thank you on my fanfic compliments.

Hell yeah, just like in a batman vs superman thread when somebody (without sarcasm or comedy) is dumb enough to think that bats stand a chance without prep. When they are wrong, and refuse to accept re-education is neccesary. Case in point DBZ fans spouting bullcrud about goku being the strongest anime/manga character.

On the fanfic, do you plan on sequels? since the ending had a nice closure to it

Your statement that I believe Voldemort stomps everyone and everything. No evidence. No factual basis.

This is a respect thread, and not a vs thread

Let me get this right: YOu make a joke battle, PURPOSELY remove a character's advantages to make him look bad? You aren't a good sport, now are you?

Don't go flagging that just because, that was since you think that he is bullet proof. With that assumption I made the joke thread as I did for superman ages ago. Since he is truly bulletproof he should be able to take it, regardless of advantages or not.

It is a joke thread, not to be taken seriously

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 JediXMan  Moderator

I'm not the one who brought it up. He claimed that Voldermort would be invincible in the real world; I say no.

1. It's interesting that you emphasize Star Wars here. I get the feeling that's because you're talking to me and attempting to gain some sort of empathy toward your cause. This is a rhetorical statement, so we're clear.

2. Not everybody is respectful. Why do you think I avoid Palpatine vs Mace debates? You are delusional if you think that all topics are free from slander.

3. I have not been disrespectful, so I don't see why the entire theme of your post revolves around "respect." Respect does not translate as "I must agree with what you say." I don't, and I will state as much.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman:

1. It's interesting that you emphasize Star Wars here. I get the feeling that's because you're talking to me and attempting to gain some sort of empathy toward your cause. This is a rhetorical statement, so we're clear.

Why do you feel like when I mention something close to Star wars that it is about you? I feel that is the implication you are sending out. Correct me if I am wrong. In all honesty, I don't need empathy from no one on Comicvine.

2. Not everybody is respectful. Why do you think I avoid Palpatine vs Mace debates? You are delusional if you think that all topics are free from slander.

I was specifically talking about RESPECT threads. On any Star Wars respect thread, I have not seen as much disdain for the characters as I see on this respect thread.

Delusional? All topics? I am far from delusional, you don't even know me.

3. I have not been disrespectful, so I don't see why the entire theme of your post revolves around "respect." Respect does not translate as "I must agree with what you say." I don't, and I will state as much.

I did not state you were or were not being disrespectful or respectful. If you don't agree then fine, don't agree. The problem is that people (you can obviously see it on this thread) like to bash characters and intentionally create spite threads just to make a character look bad.

I'm not the one who brought it up. He claimed that Voldermort would be invincible in the real world; I say no.

I really don't care what you say. All Voldemort needs is the right equipment if he is to take over the governments of the real world. Or he can simply invisibly go into the residences of World leaders and imperio them. There's no need for a large battle to break out.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#83  Edited By Saren

@innervenom123 said:

He was killed by a teenager.

Respect.

That's nothing. He tried killing a powerless baby that could only wail for his dead parents, the baby effortlessly no-sold Voldemort's powers and destroyed his body, leaving him inches away from death for over a decade and looking like this:

No Caption Provided

Respect.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I was specifically talking about RESPECT threads. On any Star Wars respect thread, I have not seen as much disdain for the characters as I see on this respect thread.

Delusional? All topics? I am far from delusional, you don't even know me.

I know you were talking about RESPECT threads. Do not patronize me. And Mace vs Palpatine debates occur in RESPECT threads as well as battle topics.

I know you well enough based on the entirety of your time here.

I really don't care what you say.

Clearly, as evident by your rather lengthy response to me; odd action if you claim not to care.

I don't feel like addressing the rest of your blather. Continue as you will.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#85  Edited By Aiden Cross

@vortex13: well, that's actually not fair to her. It was Warner Bros. Who filed the lawsuit against the festival but they had to use her name as well for legal reasons. The 50.000 fine they demanded was there because it was needed according to Indian law. In the end, they didn't have to pay that either because that's not what they were after. They wanted to stop the copyright infringements from a commercial festival. It was a big commercial festival sponsored by several high profile organisations including a big Indian bank during a religious festival.

And she has (and still does) a lot for charity. I'm not saying she's perfect (who is?) and she certainly has her flaws. But i don't think she's this evil money corrupted person you might think she is :)

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Here's what you hypocrites don't get:

He was protected by an ancient-magic LOVE SACRIFICE. No magic could get through that. Voldemort couldn't touch him then.

Voldemort's mere finger sends Harry Potter into pain

Voldemort raised one of his long white fingers and put it very close to Harry's cheek.

"His mother left upon him the traces other sacrifice....This is old magic, I should have remembered it, I was foolish to overlook it...but no matter. I can touch him now."

Harry felt the cold tip of the long white finger touch him, and thought his head would burst with the pain. Voldemort laughed softly in his ear, then took the finger away and continued addressing the Death Eaters.

- Taken From: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Look at the first sentence very good. "I was foolish to overlook it"

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Vortex13

@aiden_cross: I don't think she's this evil money grubbing person either. I just think her militant stance on anyone using her material is hypocritical. And there was a quote from Rowling about the action where she said something along the lines of "it was unfortunate it had to happen but they didn't have the right to use it" which I know is legally true but it was just a parade and it's kind of a s##tty thing to do. I do know that it was also Warner Bros who bought up the rights to all the similar material that came out before her first book did but the fact they took those steps is clear indication to me that she was inspired and or influenced by others works which is fine, just own up to it. I do like the books, I'm just not particularly found of her, and given the fact that I have bought each of her books at midnight releases at a book store I think I can bad mouth her a little lol. I did give the money for the books a soon as humanly possible after all lol.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@vortex13: This is a Voldemort respect thread. You are free to share your opinions on Rowling, but it takes away the meaning of this respect thread if you are continually calling someone a jerk and bashing them. I'm happy for Mrs Rowling, I love her, I love her stories and I love her life story. If she doesn't want people to abuse her content then she has the right to put Copyright on.

I also think it's disgusting you call her s**tty. She is married and has kids.

Have some respect.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: I didn't say she was s##tty, I said that what Warner Bros did was a s##tty thing to do and that she defended it. There is a huge difference between calling someone s##tty and saying they did something s##tty. You can be a great person and still do s##tty things. Also since when does having a family make you immune to criticism or insult? There are a lot of people with families that get horrible things said about them. Insulting a person is not the same as insulting their family and I truly do not understand that notion of having a family making you immune to criticism. I'm happy for her too, I don't love her, nor do I hate her. I just think she is a little too militant on others using her material when it is quite obvious she borrowed some ideas and concepts from others. I have no problem with people doing that either but it's the fact that she is so militant about others even referencing her material and doesn't own up to being influenced by previous works before she wrote hers is what turns me off of her as a person.

Again huge fan of the books here, went to each of the midnight releases for literally each book (well except for the first seeing as there wasn't one for that one) I'm just not of her as a person, and I think that is allowed. Hemingway was very cocky and reports of him as a person say he was a bit of a d##k, and a drunk. That does not mean I do not like his writings. All people are allowed to being criticized regardless of who they are, what they've accomplished, what they do, or how they live. If having a family negated someone from being criticized then more than half of the people in the world would not be open to criticism.

As for the books. They are very well written and very entertaining, but they aren't just popcorn literature they have deep complexity and intricate plot developments as well as character developments. As for Voldemort, he very powerful and evil too the core. Which is why I didn't find him that interesting as a villain actually. There wasn't much of a character arc for him. Even when you see him as a kid he isn't good, he is still power hungry, cruel, and manipulative. There wasn't much character development for him, he was just your token evil guy. He was still a boss though and was very powerful and could own pretty much anyone in the Potter verse. Unfortunately the wizards in the hairy potter universe really are not that powerful in comparison to some other wizards of fiction. But he is more powerful than Gandalf in my opinion. In the battle forums on this site there is always this talk about him being immortal and defeating the Balrog which is not shown in the books. But the fact is what does he actually show in the books power wise? Very little to be frank.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex13: Alright, you've bashed Rowling. Do you have anything to say about the respect thread or anything this thread is actually supposed to be about?

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: Uh, did you not read the last paragraph of my comment?

bioblaster67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort is so cool. He could solo the whole DBZ universe with ease.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks:

Everyone here is just stupid, i agree with you, i think that Voldemort is very underestimated, you are not saying that Voldemort is better than Zatanna or Dr.Doom, but they insist to compare.

I think that Voldemort is really powerfull. :)

Avatar image for bilbobaggins141
    bilbobaggins141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to clarify Voldemort is considered to be the most powerful dark wizard of all time in canon. The statement of grindelwald (who also feared dumbledore) being dumbledore's equal was when grindelwald had the elder wand and still lost to dumbledore.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.