Follow

Virgin Comics

Publisher »

A comic book publishing company created under Richard Branson's famous brand, Virgin Comics LLP has subsequently been bought-out by Liquid Comics. Virgin Comics LLP featured stories from a wide variety of international movie creators, writers & directors, and was notable for many stories based in India.

Virgin Comics

MitMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MitMan

I was just wondering if anyone here has read any of the Virgin Comics titles, and if you have what are your favorites.

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Iron Apollo

MitMan says:

"I was just wondering if anyone here has read any of the Virgin Comics titles, and if you have what are your favorites."

virgin comic titles? what r they?

MitMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MitMan

These are stories based around Indian history and legends. I'm not sure if you have them in the states. Here's a link to them http://www.virgincomics.com/

Personally I think the idea is wonderful, a little put off because of how short lived DC did Milestone. Hope this lasts longer

Magda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Magda

Copycat Shaman says:

"yeah the concept does seem pretty cool."

yepp that is right

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

We've sent them a few e-mails trying to get their material on the 'Vine for previews but they don't want our help in promoting them. Too bad.

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By BlackPanther

I like it. the whole idea is cool and i'm gonna check the website out when i have more tiem.

Li'l T-bo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Li'l T-bo

Some of it's good, not all of it is great (to me). They do their best to showcase Indian talent. Their art seems very paint-oriented.

I read Ramayan 3392 AD for the first few issues, just b/c Deepak Chopra wrote it. Quite picking it up though.

I will tell you that the "Director's Cut" concept is AWESOME though. BOTH of those titles are great. They get a film director to come up w/ a concept, and then have a comic writer & artist do the comics.

"Seven Brothers" (TPB just came out) is a GREAT series - John Woo concept, Garth Ennis writing (!), and some Indian guy on art.

"Gamekeeper" is also GREAT - Guy Ritchie (Snatch, LS&TSB, etc.) concept - not sure who does the writing/art, but it is a really good series.

I get the feeling that most of the people on this board just read DC & Marvel? Not that it's a bad thing, but I read a LOT more Vertigo & Wildstorm stuff than DC or Marvel anymore.

CodeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By CodeSaint

Until now I just readed India Authentic and Ramayan 3392 AD(not the Reloaded trought but I will read it soon),but they're both very good.I liked ked very much of using Hinduism as a theme in comics,I'm fascinated by this religion.India Authentic prefer to explain each figure in a Issue and Ramayan 3392 AD tells the epic it's based on a futuristic take without losing the supernatural part.I hope Liquid Comics continue their titles.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.