27 Comments
Posted by B_Heart

o your so crazy joe

Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus

Haha, Carnage behind Quesada.

Posted by Bestostero

Agree with him on the Captain America movie :)

Posted by nazer858

@xhavoc86 said:

Agree with him on the Captain America movie :)

Same, and LOL at the POV head shake - great interview.

Posted by Bestostero
@nazer858 said:

@xhavoc86 said:

Agree with him on the Captain America movie :)

Same, and LOL at the POV head shake - great interview.

I was gonna say that too! "I'm not spiderman, you're not spiderman, the camera lady isnt spiderman" shakes lol
Posted by MrUnknown

Meh, he didn't give any worthwhile news but awesome interview!

Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt

y'know call me crazy but i just cant hate on Joe Quesada anymore......i mean OMD still sucked but it has given more good than bad. 
 
when i watch these interviews it makes me belive again that these people are really trying. they just happened to make some pitfalls along the way.
Posted by Mr. Kamikaze

So The Ultimate Universe is the test dummy universe? Good to know.

Posted by Night Thrasher

He didn't say G-Man isn't Spider-Man!!!???  * - )

Posted by Baal_Sagoth

Fun interview. I wonder if there's someone else observing video game adaptations of comics in the same way it's done for movies or if that takes more of a backseat on the priority list.

Posted by FoxxFireArt

The fact that him of all people at Marvel are being put in charge of cultivating new authors gives me chills (the bad kind).

Posted by zombietag
@FoxxFireArt said:
The fact that him of all people at Marvel are being put in charge of cultivating new authors gives me chills (the bad kind).
hey hey hey, everybody hates OMD but do you realize that he was EIC since 2000? i mean, he was helping out with all the great stuff marvel put out in the past 10 years, including civil war and secret invasion, all the big xmen stories; all that stuff he had a hand in as editor in chief. its not fair to hate on him because a few bad stories. in my opinion, this guy has definitely seen the wide variety of stories and can probably spot a good one better than most of us
Posted by Sammo21

Love me some MARVEL but hopefully they limit the big events like they said they were going to.

Posted by Trodorne
@zombietag said:
@FoxxFireArt said:
The fact that him of all people at Marvel are being put in charge of cultivating new authors gives me chills (the bad kind).
hey hey hey, everybody hates OMD but do you realize that he was EIC since 2000? i mean, he was helping out with all the great stuff marvel put out in the past 10 years, including civil war and secret invasion, all the big xmen stories; all that stuff he had a hand in as editor in chief. its not fair to hate on him because a few bad stories. in my opinion, this guy has definitely seen the wide variety of stories and can probably spot a good one better than most of us
No i think its every reason to put the hate on him. Though i do not hate him as a person, just as a marvel big wig. I liked him better when he was doing art. He also systematically said okay we need 150 titles on the shelves of the comic stores. which is cause of his "Proactive" approach to comics which is why we have 6 captain america titles, about 4-6 wolverine titles, HAD 4 deadpool titles, and so many ridiculous tie ins for almost every single event they come out with every 6 or 7 months.  he over hyped a genre which did not need it. 
"QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Posted by CellphoneGirl

I would like to see more Female Ongoings lol

Posted by FoxxFireArt
@zombietag
Are you also forgetting that since he's been EIC that Marvel has falling into a level of constant "events" that do nothing more than start another "event"? None of it matters because no real change or continuity comes out of any of it. He also built a lot of these stories on the corpse of the history of the the Spider-man series. To support his path is to just sweep under the rug the absolutely broken story he made to start it all. It's saying that OMD was justified, and it wasn't. This is the same man who also wanted to bring back Gwen Stacy. The history of these series and characters seems to mean nothing to him.
 
As far as I know, he could be a really nice guy, and I think as an artist he's pretty good. But as an editor I see him as following the path that makes comics a joke to people. Continuity is an absolute joke. It's nonexistent. All these events and stories have no meaning, because in a few months they're treated as if they never happened.
@Trodorne
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's enough to "hate" the man. That's a bit too extreme, but it's enough to have absolutely no faith in him. It's why I haven't bought a Spider-man comic since OMD/BND. I am just worried that the man who created one of the most broken stories in comic is no in charge of cultivating the next generation.

@Sammo21 said:

Love me some MARVEL but hopefully they limit the big events like they said they were going to.

I wouldn't suggest putting any money on that.
Posted by zombietag
@Trodorne@FoxxFireArt:  
booooooo haters gonna hate. this man cares about comics and wants to put out good stories, that much is clearly obvious. and you kind of contradicted yourself. you said he puts out events and stories that make no difference (and how have they acted like those events didnt happen?), yet you also dont like his work because he has extreme ideas like breaking up marriages or bringing stacy back. those 2 things seem like they would change things. and one of them has. and by the way, big time freakin' rulez i love it and i havent met many people who dont agree, so ASM is far from a corpse. 
 
im not a supporter of bringing stacy back or OMD, but i loved civil war (who didnt?) and secret invasion was great. hes made some mistakes but i think he takes most of the heat because people have a bad taste in their mouth for him because of OMD. just like everyone hates m night now because of airbender, even though we all know sixth sense and signs were amazing.
Posted by Suigetsu

Officer creative chief.. LMAO! What is this?! It sounds like a I am still in charge of the doll house no matter what. With Axel Alonso, he's got a good dog under his leash.
 
This editorial it's more rotten than a corrupt government.

Posted by FoxxFireArt
@zombietag
How is that a contradiction? He undones the history of stories to then make more stories that will then be treated as if they didn't exist. I said he built these stories on the corpse of Spider-man's history. To support what he is currently doing is to support what he's done. It's not as if he's ever come out and said OMD/BND/OMIT was a bad idea. He's defends it. If he doesn't think it was a bad idea then it shows he could do it again. That's why I wont support his future plans. There is no reason to forgive him for OMD if he doesn't see what was wrong with it.

I didn't have a problem with breaking up the marriage if he had just done a dicvorce. I have a problem with the way he did it.  He broke up the marriage using a deal with the devil as part of his plan to wipe out decades of stories. To want to bring Gwen Stacy back shows that he cares nothing for the most iconic moments of the character's history. If he cares that little for the history, why should I care about his view for the future?

Why should we care about anything that happens when in a few years they are going to treat them as if they never happened? There is no point in becoming emotionally or financially invested in characters and events that have no meaning. It's sound and fury that signifies absolutely nothing. Him as EIC has been nothing but Event after Event after Event. They keep saying they are going to do less events but they so far haven't
Posted by jrock85

Oh cut the crap, Quesada! Marvel doesn't give a **** about what the readers want!

Posted by zombietag
@FoxxFireArt said:
@zombietag
How is that a contradiction? He undones the history of stories to then make more stories that will then be treated as if they didn't exist. I said he built these stories on the corpse of Spider-man's history. To support what he is currently doing is to support what he's done. It's not as if he's ever come out and said OMD/BND/OMIT was a bad idea. He's defends it. If he doesn't think it was a bad idea then it shows he could do it again. That's why I wont support his future plans. There is no reason to forgive him for OMD if he doesn't see what was wrong with it.I didn't have a problem with breaking up the marriage if he had just done a dicvorce. I have a problem with the way he did it.  He broke up the marriage using a deal with the devil as part of his plan to wipe out decades of stories. To want to bring Gwen Stacy back shows that he cares nothing for the most iconic moments of the character's history. If he cares that little for the history, why should I care about his view for the future?Why should we care about anything that happens when in a few years they are going to treat them as if they never happened? There is no point in becoming emotionally or financially invested in characters and events that have no meaning. It's sound and fury that signifies absolutely nothing. Him as EIC has been nothing but Event after Event after Event. They keep saying they are going to do less events but they so far haven't
wait im confused. why doesnt it mean anything? why are you saying they treat it as if nothing happened? the events of OMD and OMIT are still being brought up in ASM, and civil war and secret invasion still play a big part as well. as does siege and dark reign. why are you saying that it doesnt affect history of the characters? seems like spidey's history is still in full swing. just a few issues ago dewolf made a mysterious comeback. maybe im just misunderstanding you. 
 
also, obviously hes not going to come out and say "that story sucked, sorry i wrote it." he liked it. and he probably still does. i dont love every single story all my favorite creators come out with, but that doesnt mean that i hold it against them.
 
im not saying you have to be in love with the guy or his work, all im saying is give him some respect. he loves comics a lot and he tries to make them best he can and i feel like i can see that. no i dont love all his stuff, but to me its cool that people are trying to go outside of the cliche stories and keep comics fun. yeah sure, theres too many events i agree. i dont even like fear itself enough to buy it. but this guys done a lot for marvel, and i can respect that. i think he doesnt deserve quite the bad rep that he has.
Posted by FoxxFireArt
@zombietag
 I'm saying I don't see why I should care about anything they do now because eventually they will wipe it away as if it never mattered. What's happening right now could easily be wiped away from existence? There is no motivation for me to learn about a new story that really isn't planning on going anywhere but the next events.
 
Well, if he wont admit any mistakes in that story I don't see why I should forgive it as a consumer and move on to the new stories. If he wont learn from that mistake he can and will repeat it. To support his direction is to just forgive what he did to start it. I have no motivation to do that.
 
I wont show respect to someone who shows so little to the characters and the history. From what I read, the only reason he didn't bring back Gwen Stacy was because he faced backlash from all the writers and artists. How the hell are they going outside te cliches when they publicly announced the plan to kill off a character every quarter? That's the biggest cliche of them all. It's not story related but sale related motivation.
Posted by Shadow_Thief

Nice to see that he can now attend public events without a disguise and fake accent. We're a forgiving bunch, aren't we? ;)

Posted by zombietag
@FoxxFireArt said:
@zombietag:   I'm saying I don't see why I should care about anything they do now because eventually they will wipe it away as if it never mattered. What's happening right now could easily be wiped away from existence? There is no motivation for me to learn about a new story that really isn't planning on going anywhere but the next events. Well, if he wont admit any mistakes in that story I don't see why I should forgive it as a consumer and move on to the new stories. If he wont learn from that mistake he can and will repeat it. To support his direction is to just forgive what he did to start it. I have no motivation to do that. I wont show respect to someone who shows so little to the characters and the history. From what I read, the only reason he didn't bring back Gwen Stacy was because he faced backlash from all the writers and artists. How the hell are they going outside te cliches when they publicly announced the plan to kill off a character every quarter? That's the biggest cliche of them all. It's not story related but sale related motivation.
what are talking about? once again, none of those stories have been wiped away. all still standing. maybe peter and mjs marriage is gone, but even part of that history is still around as she knows who he is, ben reilly references in the recent issues, etc. 
 
theres a healthly balance between respect for the characters and branching out. were on issue #666. thats a lot of history. not to mention all the other spidey stories outside of ASM. i dont want to creators "respect the history" so much that we see the same stories over and over. im ready for someone to do something new and take a risk. as for branching out of cliche, how about OMD? that was a big jump. not the best landing, but it definitely wasnt cliche. neither was civil war. neither was secret invasion. neither was M day. neither was a lot of things from the past ten years. 
 
anyways, were obviously not going to agree and see eye to eye so i dont really want to argue anymore. i dont really see your points or what you mean, but thats okay. im just glad people are passionate enough about this stuff to want to talk about it like this.
Posted by HexThis

I most sincerely hope A) Ultimate doesn't become mainstream and B) that in terms of Ultimate being a "testing ground" I also hope in a few instances certain choices "failed" the test. The most paramount being Wanda and Pietro partaking in an incestuous relationship or Wasp being eaten alive or like...practically all characters being slaughtered. Hate. Ultimate. 
 
I don't hate Joe Quesada but the tacky jewelry he adorns himself with must go. Gold chains, t-shirt, swept back hair equals greasy second-rate thug to me.

Posted by goldenkey

will somebody jus tell this guy that Fear Itself just sucks. 
Posted by sinful

coolness