Follow

Video Game Tie-In

Concept » Video Game Tie-In appears in 5866 issues.

Comics that are based on video games. They typically come in the form of one-shots or a mini-series to help promote the release of a video game.

My Favorite Comic Book Games List

Psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Edited By Psykhophear

Though this list is still not a complete one since I still haven't played other good comic book games like Batman: Arkham Asylum, X-Men: The Arcade Game, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Marvel vs Capcom 2, but for now allow me to show you my personal Favorite Comic Book Games, and they are (In Order): 

"Cowabunga!"

1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time
    (Arcade, SNES) 
    One of my all time favorite games. This game was released when the Turtles and Nintendo was at the peak of success at the time, and I was very lucky enough to be part of it. Turtles In Time is a solid beat-em-up game with memorable characters, awesome music and non-stop action. A perfect blend of a true arcade game. Recommended playing with friends. 

"...I'm Batman" 

2. Batman Returns
    (SNES)  
    Normally movie-based video games either a hit or miss (Mostly a big miss) but Batman Returns was surprisingly good. You play as Batman obviously and you get to play in locales which took place in the movie and fight bosses from the movie as well. The most coolest thing in the game (Which was not from the movie) is the power bomb that Batman throws to the ground, the screen fades to white and everybody gets knocked out. Fantastic!

Full House
     Full House

3. Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
    (Arcade, Dreamcast, PS) 
    This game throws in a whole smorgasbord of characters, fun and action, and the developers did a good job of mixing them all together into pure greatness. Nothing is more painful and menacing than fighting with the almighty Onslaught who is a real pain in the butt. But it was worth it.

Batman...and no Robin 
    Batman...and no Robin 

4. The Adventures of Batman & Robin
    (SNES) 
    I'm a big fan of the Animated Series and it's still my favorite Batman cartoon compared to the other shows that comes after it (The Batman...uggh!). The Adventures of Batman & Robin had great visuals, sound effects and it really stays true to the source material. The character sprites really stood up and it was fun beating the hell out of everything. The only bummer about this game is no multiplayer. Even though the title says "Batman & Robin" you'd assume you get to play as both characters but no, Robin only makes one appearance and that's it. So lame. Also, the game was really tough in general even for a gaming expert like me, especially the Two-Face's driving stage and the Riddler's puzzle stage. If you haven't seen the Riddler's "If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?" episode then you'll never guess the answer to the minotaur's riddle. Good luck figuring that one out.

Spider sense's Tingling! 
    Spider sense's Tingling! 

5. Spider-Man
    (PS, N64, PC)  
    If you're playing Spider-Man for the first time right now, you'll be baffled as to how awful the characters look like with its blocky figures and terrible facial makeover but at the time, it was one of the best game you'd ever seen. Spider-Man gets to meet all the classic bad guys like Venom, Doc Ock, Carnage, Rhino, Scorpion, Mysterio and Lizard with the help of the feline babe- the Black Cat. 

Together we stand, divided we fall 
    Together we stand, divided we fall 

6. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    (PS2, XBOX, PS3, XBOX360, PSP) 
    I believe superhero games are best played with a friend, and Ultimate Alliance is no exception. Ultimate Alliance has a great story and kick ass cutscenes which will not disappoint any Marvel fans.

"I am Magneto...fear me!"

7. X-Men Legends
    (PS2, XBOX) 
    Another amazing Marvel game but this time, it focuses solely on the X-Men. The game starts with a character named Alice who is new to the X-Men and is confused with her surroundings and her newly ability to create lava powers (Thus calling her Magma). It's a great story and it's fun exploring the Xavier's Institute for the first time.  

"Catch me if you can, Batsy!" 

8. Batman: Return of The Joker
     (NES, Game Boy)  
    This game is a followup to the Batman game on the NES which I didn't get a chance to play honestly even though it was nominated to be one of the best NES games of all time. Anyway, Batman doesn't use a lot of his fists in Return of The Joker but instead, he uses a bat gun which you can upgrade it using power ups. It was pretty challenging like its predecessor but it has a great soundtrack to boot and the tune still lingers in my mind to this day. 

Doesn whatever a spider can- playing games 
    Doesn whatever a spider can- playing games 

9. Spider-Man: The Video Game
    (Arcade) 
    While it may not have anything spectacular due to its short length, but it was a great experience to play with three other buddies as Spider-Man, Black Cat, Hawkeye and Namor the Sub-Mariner. The only bummer about this game is that it was only released for the arcade and not home consoles. Please re-release it on XBLA or the PSP. 

This looks like a job for...Power Girl?
     This looks like a job for...Power Girl?

10. The Death & Return of Superman
    (SNES) 
    Probably the only Superman game that didn't suck, The Death & Return of Superman tells a tale of the defeat of the Man of Steel after getting clobbered by Doomsday and he was presumed dead to the world. Soon after, a bunch of other playable superheroes emerge who have some resemblance to Superman and they are the Cyborg, The Eradicator, Superboy and Steel. Though the game had a great storyline, The Death & Return of Superman was slow paced in general because of the enemies who kept coming and coming even you haven't pass to the next screen.

So there you have it- my favorite comic book games of all time, but what about my least favorite? Next blog. So until then, play more games (And don't neglect your comic books too).

- Psykhophear

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rbysjti

I like playing number 3 and x-men legends 2.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Loki9876

sorry but batman arkham asylum is better than all of them

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.