When is Marvel going to give Gischler the heave ho from X-Men?

#1 Edited by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

So far, his work on adjectiveless X-Men is, let's face it, far less than enthralling. It seems like he writes weak adventure scenarios and then throws in whatever X-Men and uses their powers in a rather deus ex machina-esque fashion. It doesn't matter what characters are being brought along on the adventure, because they just aren't important in his stories. No friendships are developed, no development is apparent, and nothing seems like it matters.

When you look at arcs such as Morrison's New X-Men, Whedon's Astonishing X-Men and Remender's Uncanny X-Force, all three revolve around the characters. Would Astonishing have been different if Kitty wasn't in the line up? Oh yes. What about Emma in New X-Men? Of course. What about Fantomex in X-Force? Indeed. The characters create the story, not the other way round. This is what is needed to make a successful story, in my opinion. Gischler's writing on X-Men though just seems like pulp, and not even the good pulp.

Why have Domino, Warpath and Jubilee decided to side with Cyclops? Never mind that, sentinels in Europe! Yay!

He also has a tendency to write all the characters the same way: constant sarcastic remarks.

Am I the only one that feels like this?

#2 Posted by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcbart: I'm actually enjoying the storyline thus far and interested to see where it goes..

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcbart said:

Am I the only one that feels like this?

Sadly no. The only time that the new Adjectiveless X-Men has been any good was when it was written by Mr Yost. Unfortunately the rest has been litter tray lining.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.