Follow

Question (Sage)

Character » Question (Sage) appears in 418 issues.

When Vic Sage, a television investigative journalist, encountered stories he couldn't investigate by normal, legal means, he donned a special mask (kept in his belt buckle) that made it appear that he had no face. As the Question, Sage investigated corruption in the face of all danger, leaving a blank "calling card," which, when touched, emitted a smoky question mark.

Who in history Do you think New 52 Question is supposed to be.

hunterscarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By hunterscarlet

With the other two members of the Trinity of Sin being based on known myths or legends (Phantom Stranger being Judas and Pandora being based on the Greek myth of the same name), I'd say it's safe to assume that Question is also based on someone from history! But who? Ideas anyone?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Aiden Cross

Dick Tracy and all those old school detective movies

hunterscarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hunterscarlet

haha

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By SoA

well he was said to be notorious and wanted his name to be remembered forever , so im gonna say some kind of roman conqueror or maybe a caesar, makes sense since the other two are also eastern european .

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar

Alexander the Great.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By JonesDeini

King Herod, Nebuchadnezzar, Xerxes, Brutus, all the Popes post fusion dance...

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

If your guess doesn't have red hair then it's wrong

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By The Lobster

I'm pretty sure he's a play on the Wandering Jew story. A man cursed with immortality and forced to walk the earth, and the identity of the Wandering Jew hasn't really ever been known and is open to interpretation. So that could easily mean they could still used the name Victor Sage and make him some kind of fictional tyrant.....I mean after all, the Wizard erased all signs of his existence from his and everyone's memory so it makes sense that he could be a original character that none of us know about.

Although the Walking Jew title has also been give to the Phantom Stranger, but since The Stranger has now been confirmed as Judas, I suppose the position is now open.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheCrowbar

@The Lobster : Isn't that Kain?

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Lobster
    @TheCrowbar said:

@The Lobster : Isn't that Kain?

He was condemned to walk the earth, but I don't think he was granted immortality. He was given the mark of Cain which means if anybody hurt him, they'd receive whatever back twice as hard. It's hard to tell, I'm not a big bible reader. I'm just using what I've read on the internet.
    Avatar image for mynemesistotoro
    MyNemesisTotoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MyNemesisTotoro

I don't think it would be the Wandering Jew 1. since that was the Phantom Stranger's original theory and 2. because they already have someone from Judeo-Christian history. But I agree that since the Council of Eternity wiped him from everyone's memory he probably is a completely fictional person.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Lobster
    @MyNemesisTotoro said:

I don't think it would be the Wandering Jew 1. since that was the Phantom Stranger's original theory

Key word...."Was"

This new question has got more in common with the Wandering Jew folklore than the Phantom Stranger. So I still think the possibility is there.
    MyNemesisTotoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MyNemesisTotoro

@The Lobster : True. But Stranger is still supposed to be Judas so I don't know if they would have two Judeo-Christian figures. Again though I do see what you're saying about the similarities.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mutant God

maybe Sherlock Holmes, the first Batman, or Adam

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The Lobster
    @MyNemesisTotoro said:

@The Lobster : True. But Stranger is still supposed to be Judas so I don't know if they would have two Judeo-Christian figures. Again though I do see what you're saying about the similarities.

I see what your saying, but we have one character from Christian folklore, and one from Greek Folklore....what other kinds of folklore are there?
    MyNemesisTotoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MyNemesisTotoro

@The Lobster : Yeah... Well his skin and hair would make me think European of some sort. One of the wizards on the council was very Celtic looking. But I don't know enough about folklore of Europe to make any kind of guess so I think I'd still go with him being a fictional person from history since any memory of him was erased from history as part of his punishment.

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@MyNemesisTotoro: I don't know if that's what they meant with his punishment. It could mean that they would reach into time and make everyone forget about him, but that would in essence be undoing his sin as to not remember him they would also have to not remember what he did. I think what it meant was that they would remember who and what he was, but never recognize him as being that person. His original identity forever being forbidden from him, and if he ever began to think he might be taht person, everyone would think he was crazy. Maybe one of those people in the insane asylum really is Napoleon, but some wizard made us all unable to see the connection so we locked him up.

Anyway, ont who he might be. Well, we know that he is now angry, violent and that the world once feared his name and his fair hair suggests some Nordic or Anglo descent. My first guess was Alexander the Great as well, but on one forum I heard someone suggesting the possibility of him being the DCnU's version of John Galt from Atlas Shrugged. That would be a neat nod to Vic's absolutest view points, but I don't usually like when comics use characters from non-comic literature (I always shudder when some comic uses Dracula or Frankenstein's Monster)

However, now that he has a permanently featureless face and magic origins, I'm kinda worried that DC will make him their version of Slender Man. You know, some faceless man in a suit who appears in the backgrounds of pictures from all time periods. Fortunately, Vic was always depicted as being a little shorter than average so he doesn't fit the Slender Man in that sense.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what issue was the Question introduced in the new 52 where you can read where it says he was a conquerer???

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe he will be a random guy they made up and added to the DC history

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
    Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Napoleon. he has red hair and fits the description

cbeavers2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two simple words. Alexander Luthor. Retcon him just a bit enhance his powers and make an earth where he was successful in his dreams of peace through conquest.

Maverick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess would be Brutus. He was considered one of the biggest sinners by Dante, and the question "even you, Brutus?" might explain his curse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.