Follow

Question (Sage)

Character » Question (Sage) appears in 418 issues.

When Vic Sage, a television investigative journalist, encountered stories he couldn't investigate by normal, legal means, he donned a special mask (kept in his belt buckle) that made it appear that he had no face. As the Question, Sage investigated corruption in the face of all danger, leaving a blank "calling card," which, when touched, emitted a smoky question mark.

The Questions Fate and a poll

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Poll The Questions Fate and a poll (17 votes)

New 52 12%
    Pre 52 88%

If you were like me and when you saw the question appear 7 or so months ago and said what happend to the old one then please share your opinion. Do you like the new 52 Vic or the old one. Also will the question ever be noticed as a character again?

• 
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Vic should never be a magical cosmic entity. Ever. He's a street leveler through and through.

That is one of the worst, most idiotic retcons I've ever seen.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Well it does explain all the previous different takes on the character so there's that.

BB

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@the_tree: agreed all the way though I am happy to see him

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I've loved every iteration of him pre-N52, and the New 52 Question is growing on me. The mysticism thing was a bit much at first, but I'm liking how it's been handled so far.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I liked how he died and past the mantle it was a great way in fact one of the best ways I have ever read for a hero to get there legacy. I don't hate what they have done with him but I did like the girl better

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

I loved the original take on the character, but this new version has been growing on me as well.

I can't really choose which version I like more. I loved the character and I still maintain that he had one of the best death scenes in a comic book I ever read. It's the first time I've ever shed a tear while reading a comic book. Vic Sage always seemed like the Sherlock Holmes of the DC universe, more so than Batman. Batman is "the world's greatest detective" but that's probably because of his technology and bat-computer. Vic Sage could do all that stuff without the need of technology. That's just cool.

However this new version of The Question is cool as well but in different ways. I love the idea of a paranormal detective which is what they seem to be hinting at. He's the guy trying to solve the mystery of who he is, but knows that mystical forces are fighting against him. Plus I'm really digging the power to change his face so he can look like almost anyone. That's humorously ironic for a man with no identity. He's still essentially the same character, just now the ante is upped and the stakes are higher.

So yeah, I can't choose which one I like more. I like both for very different reasons.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Kairan1979

@the_tree said:

Vic should never be a magical cosmic entity. Ever. He's a street leveler through and through.

That is one of the worst, most idiotic retcons I've ever seen.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I love Question from the O'Neil era, from JLU and from 52. New one, not so much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.