Follow

Question (Sage)

Character » Question (Sage) appears in 418 issues.

When Vic Sage, a television investigative journalist, encountered stories he couldn't investigate by normal, legal means, he donned a special mask (kept in his belt buckle) that made it appear that he had no face. As the Question, Sage investigated corruption in the face of all danger, leaving a blank "calling card," which, when touched, emitted a smoky question mark.

Question animated series?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

Anyone else recall that, there was going to be a Question TAS? But it was scrapped for some odd reason? I remember reading it somewhere, but I can't remember fully where....anyway what do ya guys think of Question having his own TAS? Really they should have made one, it would be the sort of bringing back Batman: TAS with dark grit  only Vic Sage isn't a billionaire/master martial artist/tons of crazy gadgets/has a degree in everything guy all he is is a reporter.  A normal guy with a normal job he isn't some billionaire guy who is able to solve things within 5 seconds. (Not knocking Batman down, but is it kinda true.)  

I feel as if that the ball was dropped and there goes a missed opportunity to have a great show. They could have had come up with some nice stories I think, plus could have also put in Huntress as Q's love interest. (I thought they always did make a nice couple.) In fact, it would also be rather interesting due to Vic's personality and where he comes from. 

If they ever do decide to do a Q:TAS, they shouldn't make him have some huge lair like the Batcave with super computers and all the other stuff. All they would need to do is 

1. Give him an apartment 

2. A computer/notepad 

3. Newspaper clippings and other tid bits he finds out on the streets  

4. NO sidekicks at all, Huntress could be his partner from time to time.

His 'lab' so to speak would be the outside world. I'm telling ya, a Question:TAS would be a really good show if done properly.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CrimsonCake

They were planning to do a Question animated series?!?!?!?WHY WAS THIS SCRAPPED?!?!?!?WHY WHY WHY?!?!!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
    @CrimsonCake:  Supposedly they were, but it was dropped for some reason.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

In one of the commentaries on the JLU DVDs Bruce Timm mentions how he would have loved to just do a Question series, I really don't think there was ever one planned.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
    @cattlebattle:  Ah yes thats where I was remembering it from....a shame it didn't go through, I mean theres plenty of conspiracies out there in the world that could make for some interesting stories or whatever else could be thought up of.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Wolfrazer said:
    @cattlebattle:  Ah yes thats where I was remembering it from....a shame it didn't go through, I mean theres plenty of conspiracies out there in the world that could make for some interesting stories or whatever else could be thought up of.
    I think the Question in JLU was amazing, as hyper paranoid detective functioning in a world of clean cut super heroes was interesting. Basically what I am saying, as much as I loved the Question, I would like to see him in something new, like a TV series would likely be figuratively easy
    Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
    @cattlebattle said:
    @Wolfrazer said:
    I think the Question in JLU was amazing, as hyper paranoid detective functioning in a world of clean cut super heroes was interesting. Basically what I am saying, as much as I loved the Question, I would like to see him in something new, like a TV series would likely be figuratively easy
    Yep, plenty of conspiracies out there would make for stories or just making up new ones for the show. The Illuminati could play a big role too, would be interesting to see how Q would battle them.
    TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#8  Edited By TheCannon

@CrimsonCake said:

They were planning to do a Question animated series?!?!?!?WHY WAS THIS SCRAPPED?!?!?!?WHY WHY WHY?!?!!

This

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

Live action would be better

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I remember hearing about this. Would have been awesome for several reasons.

-Garnering more interest in Vic among casual fans

-Ensuring a regular voiceover gig for Jeff Combs (of whom I'm a huge fan, and this was one of my favorite roles of his)

-Finally finding out in the finale that Lex Luthor really was head of some ridiculous conspiracy all along... :D

Canek16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... He isn't a normal guy in the New 52

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'd be all over this. I don't like the no sidekick proposal though. Ya' gotta have Tot holding down the fort and helping Vic with investigative research. He's like his Alfred.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.