Follow

Question (Sage)

Character » Question (Sage) appears in 418 issues.

When Vic Sage, a television investigative journalist, encountered stories he couldn't investigate by normal, legal means, he donned a special mask (kept in his belt buckle) that made it appear that he had no face. As the Question, Sage investigated corruption in the face of all danger, leaving a blank "calling card," which, when touched, emitted a smoky question mark.

Anyone miss the old Question?

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MichonneHack27

Not that Vic was old. But you all know what I mean^^. Don't get me wrong I like Montoya and I like the idea of her as the new Question. She brings her own style to it:). I'm just wondering if anyone misses Vic as the original. I kinda do:)

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

Compared to what we got now, yeah.
    LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By LightBright

I loved Vic, he was awesome. I almost cried during 52 when he died. :(

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_
    @LightBright said:
    " I loved Vic, he was awesome. I almost cried during 52 when he died. :( "
    I think I did cry. 
    LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LightBright
    @The Dark Huntress: It's one of the genuinely touching deaths in comics. I miss Vic and Ted Kord the most of any characters because their deaths actually meant something. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @LightBright: Nightcrawler. It's why I would prefer he stayed dead. Resurrecting characters who died for a cause cheapens it, IMO. 
    LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LightBright
    @The Dark Huntress: Super truth.  

It's always the lesser known characters that are the best, and then they die. I have nothing against guys like Superman, Batman, or Captain America, but they are overdone. To the point where they've even died and come back. It's dumb. I would have enjoyed more Blue and Gold stories instead.
    Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I miss Vic alot. I love Renee, but she isn't "The Question" because the Question wasn't about the hat coat and featureless face. The question was about the mindset that Vic Sage had.  The devotion, the distrust of authority, all under a Zen attitude.

Renee as the Question is like Dick as Batman.  They may be great characters, and may wear the costumes, but neither of them are the same as the Characters they are filling in for.  Bruce is back, but I highly doubt Vic will be back anytime soon unfortunately.

@The Dark Huntress:
    Eh, they made the exception with Superman, and in my opinion Vic is a much better character and deserves the same liberties.

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Bearded Justice

Definitely miss Vic.  I dont know why they cant give a dead character a series and just say it all happened before their death.  I know I'd be buying a Vic Sage series
    Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Hit_Monkey

I really miss Vic I gave Renee a chance but as interesting a character that she is, it's just not the same or even remotely equal to Vic Sage as Question. He was just the man and it's no good that he was killed off. I really want him back!

Kharms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Kharms

In any case, Vic will be Question number 1.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.