vibe will get a series

#1 Edited by darkrider (442 posts) - - Show Bio

dc announced that vibe and katna each one of them will get a new series in february i am okay with katana but vibe series are you kidding me the guy is the worst jla member of all time Is it not enough that he is part of the new jla

#2 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkrider said:

dc announced that vibe and katna each one of them will get a new series in february i am okay with katana but vibe series are you kidding me the guy is the worst jla member of all time Is it not enough that he is part of the new jla

If they can make aquaman good they can make vibe good, maybe they change ethnicity or gender

#3 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Why would they change his ethnicity or gender?

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it's kind of random. With that said, I've heard the writer made a good Batman Confidential arc, so I'll just wait and see.

#5 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@nj06: alan scott treatment to get more fans

#6 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't remind me...

#7 Posted by SUNMAN (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

series could be good, give it a chance. Although it does kind of feel like they are throwing Vibe to the wolves. He is relatively unknown has no fanbase to speak off. I'm not following the logic. Even if the book turns out to be good I'm not sure how well it will sell

@Rumble Man said:

@nj06: alan scott treatment to get more fans

they changed Alan Scott's ethinicity and gender? since when

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

AHAHAHAHAHAH

No.

#9 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

His book will be cancelled in less than a year...

#10 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN:I meant change in general, just like how they did nick fury in movies

#11 Posted by SUNMAN (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Nick Fury is a reflection of the Ultimate Comics Universe

#12 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll reserve my judgement for after I have read the finished product.

#13 Edited by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

If you look at what they wrote about This series, it could be kinda cool. He doesn't just have vibration powers. Also, I'm glad their bringing back the parademons as his first fight. And I don't think this is supposed to be a legitimate series, I feel like DC does plan to cancel this soon, they are just using this as a mini series to help get Vibe, and the JLA origin off the ground, since he is super unknown. the only reason this isn't a mini series is that DC hopes that this will get popular because of the JLA series, and they won't need to cancel it very soon.

Either way, if the rest next few issues look good, and get good reviews, I'll buy the trade mostly for the JLA connections.

#14 Posted by cameron83 (7133 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys amaze the shit out of me.

They've made aquaman cool,why can't they make vibe cool.

In fact,Almost everyone thought that aquaman wouldn't last 8 issues.

And now you guys are saying that Vibe is going to suck.....wow

#15 Posted by cameron83 (7133 posts) - - Show Bio

The funny thing is,that nobody has even seen a page of it

#16 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this series does well. As Puerto Rican myself, I think its awesome that Vibe is getting his own series and I hope that it is a success. I know it may have a few strikes against it, but I'm not giving up hope. I think Vibe does have a ton of potential and can hopefully become a fan favorite.

#17 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12862 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

because Aquaman was already cool, he was just never popular. Vibe at his core sucked ass. im not saying its impossible to change that, just that its not likely.

#18 Posted by stephens2177 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt Vibe supposed to be Bunkers boyfriend?

#19 Posted by _Genesis_ (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#20 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#21 Posted by stephens2177 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

wasnt it implied somehwhere that he was?

#22 Posted by SmashBrawler (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

Not the same, at all. Unlike Vibe, Aquaman has always had a loyal and supportive fanbase. I never heard anyone say that Aquaman would only last 8 issues. To say so would be absolutely ridiculous.

His last volume before The New 52 wasn't kickstarted by super-star creators and it lasted 57 issues. In fact, the only reason the series started selling poorly was because it was getting sh!tty.

So, Aquaman can clearly last more than 8 issues by his own. Add to that the fact that the reboot and that Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis are working on it guarantees new readers, and you've got yourself a pretty safe book.

Vibe is a character who is obscure to many and loathed by most who know about him. Aquaman haters may think he's lame, but his fans know the character and can see what's good about him. Vibe was only an annoyance, a walking stereotype. Maybe Johns can do something good with him but, unless he's writing the series, Vibe's series will probably fail to sell.

TL;DR: Vibe isn't unredeemable, but he's not an easy character to sell. And he's not on Aquaman's level. Not even close.

#23 Posted by knightofthechronicle (678 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the preview for Vibe and I gotta say it looks a lot better than you would think. Ever wonder what happened to the people Darkseid took when he came to Earth in Justice League? If I'm right Vibe's going to cover what happened to them. I'm giving it a shot guys I think it's going to be really good.

#24 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12862 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@cameron83 said:

Not the same, at all. Unlike Vibe, Aquaman has always had a loyal and supportive fanbase. I never heard anyone say that Aquaman would only last 8 issues. To say so would be absolutely ridiculous.

His last volume before The New 52 wasn't kickstarted by super-star creators and it lasted 57 issues. In fact, the only reason the series started selling poorly was because it was getting sh!tty.

So, Aquaman can clearly last more than 8 issues by his own. Add to that the fact that the reboot and that Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis are working on it guarantees new readers, and you've got yourself a pretty safe book.

Vibe is a character who is obscure to many and loathed by most who know about him. Aquaman haters may think he's lame, but his fans know the character and can see what's good about him. Vibe was only an annoyance, a walking stereotype. Maybe Johns can do something good with him but, unless he's writing the series, Vibe's series will probably fail to sell.

TL;DR: Vibe isn't unredeemable, but he's not an easy character to sell. And he's not on Aquaman's level. Not even close.

this.

#25 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Vibe could be potentially interesting. The only reason why I hate the fact that he's getting his own series is that clearly the insane amount of work Geoff Johns has contributed to his leaving of Green Lantern

#26 Posted by Black_Claw (2958 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancelled after 8 issues.

#27 Posted by lifeofvibe (3461 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Black_Claw (2958 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: That was months ago dude, lol. Vibe has grown on me a lot.

#29 Edited by lifeofvibe (3461 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.