Follow

Vibe

Character » Vibe appears in 217 issues.

Vibe was a member of a Detroit City gang called the Lobos. When the Justice League of America moved to Detroit he became a member. His New 52 incarnation is selected for the JLA because of his unique vibration and potential inter-dimensional abilities.

Interview: Writer Andrew Kreisberg Tells Us Why You Should Read VIBE

• 56 results
    lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By lifeofvibe
    nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By nappystr8

@lifeofvibe: Vibe sells really poorly. In August it was in the in like the bottom five all New 52 books (most of those other DC titles in that category have already been cancelled). It was like #162 in over all sales. Bellow most Valiant books. The only reason it hasn't been cancelled yet is that DC is slowing down on bringing in new waves of books. I'm still wishing this book the best, and happy that you like it, but it's only a matter of time at this point.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By lifeofvibe

@nappystr8: it not at the bottom five these are the sale figure and a few other mentionable title

40.batwing

41.vibe

47.katana

Its not at the bottom five and thats why said wanna bet? Theres that and the fact that its sceduled for three more issues so its not getting cancelled at issue 8 check your facts why donta?

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By nappystr8

@lifeofvibe: I said in like the bottom five. Bottom seven I think counts as like bottom five. And if you do factor in the cancellations, assuming the numbers for October stay similar, it will be in the bottom four. When Static Shock, Mr Terrific, and Blue Beetle were cancelled (the books I used as my frame of reference for determining how long the Vibe series would last) all of them were selling more units than Vibe currently is. Not by a sizable number, but they were still selling better. Sometimes predictions don't come true, but I think I have proven that my conclusion was based on reasonable facts.

Also, I think i undid it, but sorry if I flagged you. My mouse slipped when I was clicking quote. I'm happy to participate in friendly debate.

Bendrios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Bendrios

@veitha: DC's "Spiderman" is Static. It was a Major influence in his creation.

Bendrios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Bendrios

What really sucks is that they just threw him out into existence. they didn't give him a chance to build up a fan base at all. Literally he was a poor and offensive representation of Puerto Ricans in Dc comics in the 80s, was killed off after 3 years, stayed dead for 27 years, one appearance in Blackest night as a black lantern, then SUDDENLY here is this character everyone forgot about and they expected him to pick up. they should've introduced him in JLA first and let him build up a fan base and then giv him his own solo book. it's sad, cause I'm Puerto Rican and I was really excited to find out about Vibe but by the time I found out about him his book was already canceled a YEAR AGO!!! He completely flew under my radar and i'm sure he flew under all other PR DC fan's radars cause really they just poped out this character that's been out of Dc comics since the 1986!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.