Follow

Creator-Owned

Publisher »

In terms of quantity, it is much more common for characters to be creator-owned (or company-licensed) than owned by their publisher. However, in comics two of the biggest publishers worldwide (DC and Marvel) traditionally own all their characters. This page is meant to help distinguish characters that are owned by the creator from those owned by the publisher in cases where it's not immediately obvious.

Vertigo Discussion Thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@Darkchild said:
    cause she has the (BLEEP) you dont. All (BLEEP) is above others like yourself (BLEEP) has me whipped. "
    Dies of laughter
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#252  Edited By Darkchild

LMAO im being honest. Im weak ill admit it

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By Darkchild

LMAO!!!

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Darkchild

AFter some other reviews i need to do

The Losers, and 100 Bullets are my main reviews an subs

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Darkchild

Loveless had boring ending losers is badass so far im almost done with it

Extermin,100 Bullets an Losers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, House of Windowless Rooms is AMAZING.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup.

I loved how he manages to convince the demon to work for him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yup

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#266  Edited By Lady Tlieso

I plan on picking that up when I go to get my comics, hopefully there's still some left.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#267  Edited By Gloom

Good review aztek, but would you mind just giving me an outline of the actual story? Just so I have a better idea...

And Arabian Nights (And Days) was amazing! :D

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#270  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Ah damn ! I wish we get more than the TPB here !

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Chaos Agent

Read the solicits of August of Vertigo and the thing I'm getting as soon as it comes out is the Alcoholic Tp

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#273  Edited By The Devil Tiger
    @aztek the lost:
    TPB of any vertigo Comics !!!
    Here, we just get one TPB of Constantine or Sandman per year...same thing about Transmetropolitan.... 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#276  Edited By Nighthunter
    @aztek the lost said:
    "
    @Chaos Agent said:
    " Read the solicits of August of Vertigo and the thing I'm getting as soon as it comes out is the Alcoholic Tp "
    its already out, that's a re-release...
    smartass :p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was alright. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aztek the lost said:
    " Ennis' Unknown Soldier is f@#king awesome! "
    Ennis is GOD
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By Nighthunter

is it wrong that atfirst I read penis :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aztek the lost said:
    " ha! funny how many gods work for Vertigo :P "
    LOL

Preacher FTW

@Nighthunter said:
    " is it wrong that atfirst I read penis :P "
    be gone. :P

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By Nighthunter

aww the vertigo fans afraid of the word penis? ironic :P

btw I have in my sight another Vertigo graphic novel named "It's a bird" unfortunetly haven't been able to find it :(

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#286  Edited By Gloom

OMG I just read the Fables "Wolves" TPB, and it was sooooo great! Bigby and Cindy's missions were killer, and "Happily ever after" was simply amazing!

^________^

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Chaos Agent

ok so I've read Book of Magic (the original Neil Gaiman miniseries) and loved it, the art is way beyond what it's normally expected of an indy comic company.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By Chaos Agent

so when are you going to update my status in VNU aztek? lol

add "Demo" and "Books of Magic" for me would ya?

NH speaking in case that you didn't know

Avatar image for deactivated-5a86719d53cdb
    deactivated-5a86719d53cdb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 3

@Chaos Agent said:
    "ok so I've read Book of Magic (the original Neil Gaiman miniseries) and loved it, the art is way beyond what it's normally expected of an indy comic company."

didn't I tell you it was awesome a few years ago? what took you so long to read it?

and I updated your list of faves, though I haven't read Demo yet myself I know I should since it's by Brian Wood, I'll get around to it eventually...where would you rank it on a scale of amazing to stellar?
    Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Chaos Agent
    @VNU said:
    " @Chaos Agent said:
    "ok so I've read Book of Magic (the original Neil Gaiman miniseries) and loved it, the art is way beyond what it's normally expected of an indy comic company."
    didn't I tell you it was awesome a few years ago? what took you so long to read it?and I updated your list of faves, though I haven't read Demo yet myself I know I should since it's by Brian Wood, I'll get around to it eventually...where would you rank it on a scale of amazing to stellar? "
    I couldn't get it in my comic shop, when they don't have it they ask for it to another store of the same franchise but it was sold out in all of them and well there's only one comic shop franchise here in mexico. I made a quick visit to San Francisco and saw it in a store and bought it. Had been wanting to get to it for awhile but wasn't at my reach. Found Demo at the same place and decided to check it due to the great ammount of good reviews it had in it, even if I hadn't ever heard of it decided that it was worth the try and it was.

Don't know how I would rank it since I don't know how it compaares to other works from the writer, but I have this to say. Every single one of the tales has an incredible understanding of how a normal person would have to deal with having powers and how the experience of receiving a power difers complely from getting another. It's not the same to be able to fly than to make anyone do as you say, Demo grabs the best (and worst) of reality and mixes it with classical fiction elements to make an amazing amalgam that trascends the fake sense of realism that most fiction has in it and makes you fall in love with the characters and make you think how well thought and drawn this story is.
    Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By Chaos Agent
    @aztek the lost said:
    " I think Vertigo is finally going to collect Shade, the Changing Man fully in trade paperback form, I'm so excited!!!! Here's to hoping they don't stop one volume into it like they did last time -______- "
    first 2 volumes were already solicited a few weeks ago
    Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By Chaos Agent

how many issues did the series have?

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By Chaos Agent
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @Chaos Agent said:
    " I couldn't get it in my comic shop, when they don't have it they ask for it to another store of the same franchise but it was sold out in all of them and well there's only one comic shop franchise here in mexico. I made a quick visit to San Francisco and saw it in a store and bought it. Had been wanting to get to it for awhile but wasn't at my reach. Found Demo at the same place and decided to check it due to the great ammount of good reviews it had in it, even if I hadn't ever heard of it decided that it was worth the try and it was.Don't know how I would rank it since I don't know how it compaares to other works from the writer, but I have this to say. Every single one of the tales has an incredible understanding of how a normal person would have to deal with having powers and how the experience of receiving a power difers complely from getting another. It's not the same to be able to fly than to make anyone do as you say, Demo grabs the best (and worst) of reality and mixes it with classical fiction elements to make an amazing amalgam that trascends the fake sense of realism that most fiction has in it and makes you fall in love with the characters and make you think how well thought and drawn this story is. "
    oh yeah, I forgot you live in Mexico...are your comics in Spanish then? and why were you in San Fransisco and not at Comic-Con, isn't San Fransisco near San Diego? Anyways, I agree that Books of Magic is amazing and the art really surprised me too, didn't think art could be that good back then, the art in the second series isn't nearly as awesome (though I still enjoy the story)  and wow, did you copy/paste that description of Demo from somewhere, I noticed a lot of big words in there, seemed a little bit above your vocabulary level :P but even if you did steal it from somewhere, I think I want to steal it from you, makes the series sound awesome, I'll really have to read it...I know the art style well because I've read American Virgin (loved it!) which was also done by Becky Cloonan and I loved that art...and Brian Wood writes Northlanders and DMZ, both great current Vertigo volumes so Demo was probably his start in the comic world or something, idk...but I'll definitely have to read it soon...maybe after I finish The Exterminators? "
    There are a few that are in spanish but most comics are bought in spanish. I always prefer things when they are in their original language, especially movies, comics and books since I feel that many times some of the magic is lost when doing the translation.

I went with the family and really wanted to meet the city, besides I've been atleast half a dozen times to San Diego, don't know how close they are from each other to tell you the truth. Besides, even if I went to San Diego, didn't the tickets from Comic-Con sell out like 3 months ago? Never been to a convention anyway lol, maybe one of these days.

I didn't copy it and my vocabulary is large enough thank you very much. I actually had the words come to me as I was writing what I thought of the series, it actually ended sounding like one of the reviews that it had on the back of the comic.

Demo can't be Brian Wood's first work because it says on the cover "From the creators of DMZ and American Virgin" lol, don't know when it came out. What I loved about the art from Demo was that it was the same artist but every single one of the stories had a different style of drawing, only a few guys can pull that. I know who Brian Wood is lol
    Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By Chaos Agent
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @Chaos Agent said:
    " how many issues did the series have? "
    70...it's one of the "Big 15" Vertigo series to have surpassed 50 issues...only about half of those 15 series have been fully collected "
    who is the writer?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.