Same Universe ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok can someone tell me if the Vertigo Charactors are in the same universe as the other DC charactors ? or is Vertigo a different universe ?

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Different universe, for example, Hellblazer's John Constantine isn't the same John Constantine that appears in Justice League Dark. Some stuff that originally came from Vertigo has been merged into the DCU though.

#3 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok ok can some tell me the differentses between the Constantines ?

#4 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: their histories are different, because Hellblazer takes place in real time and the Constantine in Justice League Dark is a few decades younger, that means except for the origin, they lead very different lives

also, Vertigo isn't a universe, the books aren't tied to one another, they take place in different universes

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (57914 posts) - - Show Bio

This must be the most asked question about Vertigo.
BB

#6 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Google tells me the most asked questions about Vertigo are "what is vertigo?" and "what are common causes of vertigo?" and then "is vertigo a different universe" but... yeah. :D

Especially now Vertigo is no longer a "separate universe" even among somewhat shared properties... most of the non-creator owned properties have been reintegrated. The lone exception as noted is Hellblazer.

#7 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the help.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.