Follow

Creator-Owned

Publisher »

In terms of quantity, it is much more common for characters to be creator-owned (or company-licensed) than owned by their publisher. However, in comics two of the biggest publishers worldwide (DC and Marvel) traditionally own all their characters. This page is meant to help distinguish characters that are owned by the creator from those owned by the publisher in cases where it's not immediately obvious.

Peter Milligan Talks about John gettting married and Greek Street

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

Edited By Silkcuts

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27411 

I know Peter Milligan's run so far is extremes of love, so it makes sense... but I will the fans respond well?

As for Greek Street, if it was Finite and already not super long, why did they cut it even shorter?

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Silkcuts
    @aztek the lost:  As long as Peter Milligan is on HB I think JC and Shade are okay for the Mandate.  
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silkcuts
    @aztek the lost:  I shouldn't of mentioned that....
    So Lucifer becomes the DCU devil and the First of the Fallen wins as the true Vertigo Devil now?
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Silkcuts
    @aztek the lost: I agree, but its Didio.  Lucifer is the name everyone associates with the Devil... so I pray our buddy Lucifer is untouched in the DCU.

I didn't read the 2004's The Witching and Lucifer is listed for 3 issue... how was that series?  Does he have an impact on the series?
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silkcuts
    @aztek the lost: I found a few issues cheap like $1 each, but not a lot... Should I even bother trying to hunt them down?
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Pizawle

A shame Greek Street is ending. Hopefully, he can wrap things up well.

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Pizawle
    @aztek the lost:  Yeah, I was pretty shocked when I found out there are only two issues left. I think he can pull it off, though. But it will be tainted. No way around that.
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silkcuts
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @Pizawle said:
    " A shame Greek Street is ending. Hopefully, he can wrap things up well. "
    I don't think they gave him time...only two issues left and we haven't even started concluding "
    Ajax will be either really out of place or the ending will be so brilliant I have to place Peter Milligan as my 3rd favortire writer after after Alan Moore and then Grant Morrison. If the ending is not mind blowing I don't blame him since I agree with aztek.  Two issuse to wrap up, when Ajax should of been longer.
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Silkcuts
    @aztek the lost:  I wonder when Vertigo told PM?  I think after issue #1 of Ajax, hence the condensing of it.  

With Vertigo miss handling writers, who knows what would happen.  Wilson's last work was for Girl Comics I think.  Dysart worked Vertigo still... Lapham looks like he is going Marvel.  Wagner better be given Madame Xanadu for the DCU.

As for Peter Milligan, I am so confused if DC is giving him a push or not.... Extremist reprinted?  Enigma still out of print? Egypt never collected... I am sure there is stronger Vertigo releases by him before Extremist.  So are they trying to sink him?  Shade and Human Target are taking forever to be released.  The first 10 issue of the ongoing once were trades, so whats taking so long? I want to sell off my singles already.

Milligan also wrote Detective Comics in the 90s, I have I think 6 of them.  I think it was 10 in total... enough to make a Batman trade.  I think the co-written work with Grant Morrison, "wild boys" I think it was suppose to be called, would of been the best thing to release to increase exposure to Peter Milligan.  If it wasn't for the many co-written Morrison/Millar books, who Mark Millar be as big?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.