How is It Decided?

#1 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Whether a character's publisher is Vertigo or DC?

I mean, most choices are quite simple...but say this character for example, Doctor Occult, although most of the comics he is in are indeed DC, he is more at home in Vertigo and most of the DC comics he is in, concern Vertigo-type characters and concepts...so...which one would he be?

#2 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio

Personality for the most part i guess

if the persons going to be a smartass an his lines wouldnt look write with half of them bleeped then its Vertigo.

If a characters violent Vertigo. An so on

anything thats not goodie then its Vert

#3 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

so in your opinion is Occult Vertigo or DC?

#4 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio

DC for the most part. Yeah his appearance in Vert were aWESOME, his place really sint totally Vertigo

#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"DC for the most part. Yeah his appearance in Vert were aWESOME, his place really sint totally Vertigo"
okay...well then I'll leave him as DC

but you've read Books of Magic Issue 3? cause I'm reading it now and it is AWESOME :D
#6 Edited by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"DC for the most part. Yeah his appearance in Vert were aWESOME, his place really sint totally Vertigo"
okay...well then I'll leave him as DC

but you've read Books of Magic Issue 3? cause I'm reading it now and it is AWESOME :D"
Havnt even made a budge in it. Been too busy with the new comics
#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"DC for the most part. Yeah his appearance in Vert were aWESOME, his place really sint totally Vertigo"
okay...well then I'll leave him as DC

but you've read Books of Magic Issue 3? cause I'm reading it now and it is AWESOME :D"
Havnt even made a budge in it. Been too busy with the new comics"
o_O than where have you read him in Vertigo?
#8 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"DC for the most part. Yeah his appearance in Vert were aWESOME, his place really sint totally Vertigo"
okay...well then I'll leave him as DC

but you've read Books of Magic Issue 3? cause I'm reading it now and it is AWESOME :D"
Havnt even made a budge in it. Been too busy with the new comics"
o_O than where have you read him in Vertigo?"
Trenchcoat
#9 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO DC! *FIVES*

#10 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Darkchild said:
"DC for the most part. Yeah his appearance in Vert were aWESOME, his place really sint totally Vertigo"
okay...well then I'll leave him as DC

but you've read Books of Magic Issue 3? cause I'm reading it now and it is AWESOME :D"
Havnt even made a budge in it. Been too busy with the new comics"
o_O than where have you read him in Vertigo?"
Trenchcoat"
oh yeah, I was going to read that yet...looks awesome
#11 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"LMFAO DC! *FIVES*"
LMAO oh yeah.

Well you two im off for an hour or so gonna go cruising peace
#12 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"LMFAO DC! *FIVES*"
o_O
#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"BatgirlBabs said:
"LMFAO DC! *FIVES*"
LMAO oh yeah.

Well you two im off for an hour or so gonna go cruising peace"
peace bro
#14 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio

My avatar dude she reminded me of it so i put it back as my AV lol.

take care u two

#15 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"My avatar dude she reminded me of it so i put it back as my AV lol.

take care u two"
ooooooh
#16 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Animal Man?

His own series was published by Vertigo but everything else is DC?

#17 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio

DC, appeared first in DC. He only had a Vert mini cause well...hes awesome.

I could see him work alot more into Vertigo titles on his own rather than travelling with Kori and Adamn. But what ever floats DCs boat i guess.

#18 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"DC, appeared first in DC. He only had a Vert mini cause well...hes awesome.

I could see him work alot more into Vertigo titles on his own rather than travelling with Kori and Adamn. But what ever floats DCs boat i guess."
but...it wasn't a mini...his series was 89 issues...that's like a third of his appearances...
#19 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmm. Alright that does change a few things, I never read the Vertigo title he was in so I assumed like most DC to Vert it was a mini.

But i really dont think its up to the character on which publisher it goes to. It pertains to the stories that will be told, DC tends to shy away from overly adult storylines. yes their are some deep stuff within DC but not too often the same kind that you see within Vertigo.

#20 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, okay then...well, I want to read that Vertigo series anyways, seeing as that NerdMan user said it was his favorite Vertigo series and he is a self-proclaimed Vertigo nut

but I always thought Animal Man seemed..."kiddish" by his appearance

#21 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"hmm, okay then...well, I want to read that Vertigo series anyways, seeing as that NerdMan user said it was his favorite Vertigo series and he is a self-proclaimed Vertigo nut

but I always thought Animal Man seemed..."kiddish" by his appearance"
yeah but generally he isnt. He can be a total badass
#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

A Character isn't simply mainstream DC or Vertigo DC, it's the storylines that are moved to one universe or the other...

for example, John Constantine from the Hellblazer comics has several ties in the Vertigo universe as that is where his comics are mainly published, but he also has several ties in the mainstream DC universe where he has been an important part in several major events and backstories.

the same can be said with Swamp Thing who has major plotlines and story arcs in both DC Mainstream and Vertigo. If you actually look at the Hellblazer TPB's you will see that some (About 70%) are Vertigo labled while the rest are simply labled with the blue DC Logo.

M

#23 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"A Character isn't simply mainstream DC or Vertigo DC, it's the storylines that are moved to one universe or the other...

for example, John Constantine from the Hellblazer comics has several ties in the Vertigo universe as that is where his comics are mainly published, but he also has several ties in the mainstream DC universe where he has been an important part in several major events and backstories.

the same can be said with Swamp Thing who has major plotlines and story arcs in both DC Mainstream and Vertigo. If you actually look at the Hellblazer TPB's you will see that some (About 70%) are Vertigo labled while the rest are simply labled with the blue DC Logo.

M"
Sighs an looks at Methos

you couldnt have come an helped me a week ago on this topic. I cant define crap when it comes to DC an Vert....slow a$$ LMAO
#24 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i was away last week lol

M

#25 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"i was away last week lol

M"
Mumbles to himself in anger
#26 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"A Character isn't simply mainstream DC or Vertigo DC, it's the storylines that are moved to one universe or the other...

for example, John Constantine from the Hellblazer comics has several ties in the Vertigo universe as that is where his comics are mainly published, but he also has several ties in the mainstream DC universe where he has been an important part in several major events and backstories.

the same can be said with Swamp Thing who has major plotlines and story arcs in both DC Mainstream and Vertigo. If you actually look at the Hellblazer TPB's you will see that some (About 70%) are Vertigo labled while the rest are simply labled with the blue DC Logo.

M"
but your not saying that John Constantine or Swamp Thing should be DC are you?
#27 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
but your not saying that John Constantine or Swamp Thing should be DC are you?"

they both are...

as i explained, the characters are used in both and not solely Vertigo or DC Mainstream...

I'm quite happy with the storylines involving Constantine and Swamp Thing that are solely DC Mainstream titles, but again i love the Vertigo stuff...

M

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.