Best Vertigo Comics

#1 Posted by dbzmaster789 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Im A HUGE Vertigo Fan, Ive read Sandman,Lucifer,Hellblazer and many others but always looking for more suggestions and too see which book Fans think is the best
#2 Posted by MattDemers (362 posts) - - Show Bio

DMZ, Transmetropolitan, Sweet Tooth.

#3 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7659 posts) - - Show Bio

Joe The Barbarian

#4 Posted by dbzmaster789 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks i read some of Dmz in a bookstore and it was very good , alsom waiting for the Joe the Barbarian Hardcover to come out

#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega Ray Jay said:

Joe The Barbarian

really? I felt like Grant Morrison went for the laziest ending ever just because he was a few months behind his deadline and needed to pull something out of his arse...maybe I'll read it again soon

I recently made a big post in someone's blog about Vertigo comics (here) so rather then duplicating it's effort I'll simply point to it

@mattdemers said:

DMZ, Transmetropolitan, Sweet Tooth.

these are also all great choices, I have a few minor problems with DMZ but it's still a great comic

#6 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7659 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: Loved the first seven issues and I agree that was one hell of a lazy ending, but as far as I can remember it's the only Vertigo comic I've collected so kinda gets this accolade via default and the merit of those first seven issues.   
#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega Ray Jay: understood, I do also find myself praising comics even if the ending is bad...I was definitely enjoying it up until that point

#8 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom Patrol, Y: the Last Man, Fables, V For Vendetta, Hellblazer and Madame Xanadu.

#9 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7659 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: Yeah there always is one or two weak links in the chain with shorts like that.

@FadeToBlackBolt

said:

Doom Patrol, Y: the Last Man, Fables, V For Vendetta, Hellblazer and Madame Xanadu.

OK I completely forgot the Y: The last man was vertigo and so retract my original post and place Y in Joe's spot, I am rather dense sometimes. Thanks FadetoBlackBolt for mentioning it.
#10 Posted by inferi22 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Fables, Y: The Last Man, v for Vendetta, American Vampire, Sandman, Swamp Thing, Sweet Tooth, Jack of Fables, Hellblazer - Yeah i mostly read vertigo

#11 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

V for Vendetta

#12 Posted by inferi22 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

and of course 100 bullets 

#13 Posted by Umney (1 posts) - - Show Bio

No love for Sandman Mystery Theatre?

#14 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

you can't go wrong with transmetropolitan

#15 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

im also in love with fables

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.