nice

#1 Posted by sephiroth (30 posts) - - Show Bio

i think vergil is incredible cool,maybe not as cool as dabte but still...

#2 Posted by sephiroth (30 posts) - - Show Bio

what happened at the end of dmc3 to him?

#3 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

sephiroth says:

"what happened at the end of dmc3 to him?"

He walked into the underworld realm and at the very, very end, he charged into battle against Mundus.

#4 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"sephiroth says:

He walked into the underworld realm and at the very, very end, he charged into battle against Mundus."

That part always depresses. I love Vergil so much as a character. He's so much more than just the antagonist. At least he tried going out with honor. Shame he couldn't take Mundus out, but then it'd mess with DMC canon. So boo-hoo to me. =\

#5 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Maelstrom says:

"Sparda says:
"sephiroth says:

He walked into the underworld realm and at the very, very end, he charged into battle against Mundus."

That part always depresses. I love Vergil so much as a character. He's so much more than just the antagonist. At least he tried going out with honor. Shame he couldn't take Mundus out, but then it'd mess with DMC canon. So boo-hoo to me. =\

"

I still don't know what happened after that.....cause he comes back in DMC, but you don't know what happens in that fight.

Virgil's a great character. Love the relationship with him and Dante, it's funny and sad at the same time.

#6 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Maelstrom says:
"Sparda says:
"sephiroth says:

"

I still don't know what happened after that.....cause he comes back in DMC, but you don't know what happens in that fight.

Virgil's a great character. Love the relationship with him and Dante, it's funny and sad at the same time."

I'm assuming that after his defeat at the hands of Mundus, as punishment and as a means to kill his pride, he turns Vergil into Nelo Angelo. What better way to get revenge on Sparda if you can't get it on the man himself? Turn his son into his mindless puppet.

Vergil and Dante's relationship is complicated. Especially when you look at it through Vergil's eyes. He loves his brother even if he doesn't want to admit it. I mean, when the portal to Hell was closing he was telling Dante to leave or be stuck in the demon world. If he truly hated his brother he would have been "Stay and you'll pay a thousand times over for that idle defeat!"

I feel bad for Vergil, he lost everything and at the end when he tries to keep up with his honor he gets turned into a grunting fool. Why hath thou forsaken my Vergil?

He may be the main antagonist of the game but man, he's had such a messed up life. He watched his mother get killed. He got kidnapped by demons. He got told constantly that it was his birth right to attain power, which leads into his brainwashing. He never once got to truly see life through his own eyes. Only through the mangled and manipulated words of others.

Post Edited:2007-10-09 18:14:07

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.