Rick Remender leaving Venom

#1 Edited by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

So Marvel just announced on Twitter that Rick Remender would be leaving Venom this August at issue 22. It's a shame, his run on Venom was VERY good

Cullen Bunn will be taking over with issue 23

#2 Posted by Rowen545 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a very good run, but he seems to be a busy man these days and for good reason

#3 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

:( oh no

#4 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Dropped. Hate Cullen Bunn. Hopefully Rick gets to finish telling the story he wanted to.

#5 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't know what to say...Marvel has just disappointed me way too much lately.

They put horrible writers on events that could be spectacular...and take away their good writers. I know it happens but I was really hoping remender would stay on this book for a while more. He got me into the Venom character.

Oh well.

#6 Posted by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rowen545: He is busy but I would much rather him drop Secret Avengers than Venom

#7 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

@Rowen545: He is busy but I would much rather him drop Secret Avengers than Venom

Totally agree.

Yeah this book is being dropped.

#8 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just about to add this too. Unfortunate. Hopefully he won't drop off X-Force.

#9 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

>:(

I hate how aggressively Marvel are trying to force this Cullen Bunn guy onto us.

#10 Posted by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Who even is this guy? All Ive heard that he's done is Spider-Man season one and that was pretty badly received. What else is Marvel putting him on?

#11 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

@X35: Who even is this guy? All Ive heard that he's done is Spider-Man season one and that was pretty badly received. What else is Marvel putting him on?

Off the top of my head: he's currently writing Wolverine and the book formerly known as Captain America and Bucky, he wrote The Fearless, the Fear Itself Defenders series (can't remember what it was called) and Spider-Man: Season One. He's co-writing Venom atm and is soon to take the reigns apparently but he's also co-writing Captain America as of Captain America #15 (which could suggest he'll maybe be taking over Cap too).

I'm sure there's more titles Marvel are forcing him on... and he's litch just a guy who's came out of nowhere and seems to be aggressively pushed onto the readers by Marvel.

#12 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rowen545 said:

It was a very good run, but he seems to be a busy man these days and for good reason

I feel the same way.

#13 Posted by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Geeze thats crazy! Why are they giving this nobody such high profile books, especially when he has yet to really prove himself and write an actual hit? Seems like a really dumb move

#14 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj:

#15 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@noj:

LOL

#16 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@noj said:

Off the top of my head: he's currently writing Wolverine and the book formerly known as Captain America and Bucky, he wrote The Fearless, the Fear Itself Defenders series (can't remember what it was called) and Spider-Man: Season One. He's co-writing Venom atm and is soon to take the reigns apparently but he's also co-writing Captain America as of Captain America #15 (which could suggest he'll maybe be taking over Cap too).

I'm sure there's more titles Marvel are forcing him on... and he's litch just a guy who's came out of nowhere and seems to be aggressively pushed onto the readers by Marvel.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#17 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist: i think the reason why he is dropping off Venom is to FOCUS on xforce. he is trying to write an event in Xforce that supposbly is gonna TOP the Dark Angel Saga(which i doubt) so IMO i think its great he is taking this drastic step to putting his best efforts into Xforce. and down the line im sure he is going to probably end up on another book afterwards. he did well on venom most writters dont even last 6 issues on a book. he lasted 22 on this one..not bad considering he has alot to write. i hope he ends up writting another character. maybe he can write for Gambit down the line..i hear that series is commin up in august, perfect character for him to write or hawkeye.

#18 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@noj:

you said it all. lol

#19 Posted by Serberus08 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator: I know, right?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.