Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2794 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Venom's alien symbiote.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainDoeo

Me and a group of buddies were discussing what would happen if Venom's alien symbiote was to attach itself to Nova or Cyclops, and we wondered exactly what would happen..

Anyone have any ideas? Any suggestions on who could get an alien symbiote and use it well?

My major two questions are, does the Venom symbiote retain the powers of it's past host? I was pretty sure it does, but I'm not postive and if so, what exactly would happen if it got onto Nova? Would Nova retain his normal powers?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

It would be like when Rulk got the symbiote just a few issues back in the Venom series. It simply added on to what he had.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

It retains the hosts abilities..this is why Eddie Brock had Spider-Man like powers....

I don't think the symbiotes could alter energy output though...it seems to be more based on a physical ability

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Kallarkz

@cattlebattle said:

It retains the hosts abilities..this is why Eddie Brock had Spider-Man like powers.... I don't think the symbiotes could alter energy output though...it seems to be more based on a physical ability

This is true as well.

Rulk was able to make spider webs when the host attached itself to him.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Kallarkz said:

@cattlebattle said:

It retains the hosts abilities..this is why Eddie Brock had Spider-Man like powers.... I don't think the symbiotes could alter energy output though...it seems to be more based on a physical ability

This is true as well.

Its strange that the symbiote made webs when Spider-Man first got it, being webbing wasn't a physical ability for him in the first place....oh well....comics
    Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Kallarkz said:

It would be like when Rulk got the symbiote just a few issues back in the Venom series. It simply added on to what he had.

Correct.

Shockdingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shockdingo

@cattlebattle: Hmm, well I think it has to do with it analyzing how the webbing is utilized by Spidey and then just recreated that. I think it can recreate fabrics and certain substances, but things like energy are beyond its abilities. Though, I never read it, but I heard Carnage once took Silver Surfer's abilities somehow??

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

@cattlebattle said:

@Kallarkz said:

@cattlebattle said:

This is true as well.

Its strange that the symbiote made webs when Spider-Man first got it, being webbing wasn't a physical ability for him in the first place....oh well....comics

it based it's self off of what Spider-man was thinking at the time....like the appearance was because of Spider-woman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.