Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2798 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Venom Spin-Off Officially Confirmed

• 85 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Sony has decided to officially go with a Venom spin-off movie.  Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese (the writing team for "Zombieland") are set to write the script according to SciFi Wire.  The writers claim that they are under strict orders of secrecy.

The writers also say that they are big fans of Venom (Sam Raimi said from the beginning that he wasn't).  They've been doing research recently to make sure they get it right.
    "We read [Venom] growing up, but we were not experts," Reese said. "We certainly know the mythology of Venom, but went back and learned more when it became clear that we could actually get this job."
    They also understand that there is a bit of pressure.  Venom has some serious fans.  They're going to have high expectations.  A lot of people weren't happy with how he came out in Spider-Man 3. 

Since they are keeping things secret for now, there's no word on the plot or whether this is a direct spin-off from Spider-Man 3.  Venom apparently died in that movie.  We'll have to wait and see whether or not his story will continue from there or if they'll just re-boot his character.

Which direction do you think they should go?  Can Venom hold his own movie?  Who should he be going up against (we can assume Spidey won't be involved).  Should Topher Grace reprise the role or should someone new take over?  Do you want to see a Venom movie?
    Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Magicalmoment

yeah, i want to see a venom movie but it has to be good

Zero the Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zero the Hero

i would love a venom movie! but it would absolutely need to be done well. atleast four hundred times better then the spidey 3 venom. if they did something with carnagei could see that being sweet

Day Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Day Hunter

I think its a great idea if they do it right. If they go off of Spiderman 3 then they probably already lost alot of fans. As for Topher Grace well I really don't know.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

How about this "crazy" idea? Instead of trying to please all the fanboys, write a good film....

blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By blade hunter

i like the idea but who's he going to fight?

Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Tainted-Cell

Someone new should definately take over. Topher Grace didn't take the role seriously.... he may as well have been Eric Foreman again. I wouldn't pour any expectation into this, and then come out pleasantly surprised. That said, I think the coolest way to go would be to make a Predator style Venom movie. Everyone wants to see a lot of Venom, but I think the more you see, the less scary he becomes.

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mutant X

That's AWESOME!! Whatever they do, they better not give Topher Grace the role. Get somebody buff.

This is the best news I've heard in a while.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEADPOOL

Would Rock be a cool Eddie Brock?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9  Edited By The_Martian

Worse news I've heard in a long while.

Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Midnightist

I don't think this will work well at all I don't even think this will make sense since Brock is dead

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Media_Master

Venom has to run into spidey, has to. That be like a Joker only movie, without Batman.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King Quisling

As long as Topher Grace isn't involved I'll give it a shot. Heck, nothing could be worse than Spider-Man 3 right? Oh wait, X Men Origins.....

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Wait a minute, when did Venom become interesting enough to make sales in a movie independent of Spider-Man?  I smell a flop.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Martian

I have a feeling this movie will do about as good as Ghost Rider. It will be kinda corny but sorta entertain action wise, but kids around the age of 13 are going to fall in love with it.(no offense to kids around the age of 13)

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    Nobody said:
    "I have a feeling this movie will do about as good as Ghost Rider. It will be kinda corny but sorta entertain action wise, but kids around the age of 13 are going to fall in love with it.(no offense to kids around the age of 13)"
    (MUCH OFFENSE to stupid kids around the age of 13)
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    White Mage said:
    "Nobody said:
    "I have a feeling this movie will do about as good as Ghost Rider. It will be kinda corny but sorta entertain action wise, but kids around the age of 13 are going to fall in love with it.(no offense to kids around the age of 13)"
    (MUCH OFFENSE to stupid kids around the age of 13)"
    Seconded
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn
    A Venom movie... uh Okay
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    King Saturn said:
    "A Venom movie... uh Okay...it's gonna suck
    "
    Fixed.  And agreed.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DEGRAAF

if its gonna be an actual spin off then eddie is dead so it would have to be about Mac becoming venom. I also think the only way they can make the movie about venom with out spiderman than they have to make the symbiote the villain and at teh end of the movie the villain wins.

you could show the symbiote trying different people out or something and finally finds make and can sense his power and his hate for spidey. This will ultimately attract him towards mac and mac will try to fight it off at teh end as the symbiote catchs on to im and starts to ccover his body and tear apart his scorpion armor then the last seen he will be looking in to his hands, feeling the power surge and loving it laughing in the venom face

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mutant X
    White Mage said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "
    Fixed.  And agreed."
    You have no idea if it's gonna suck or not. I hate people like you. You think that anything you don't agree with sucks. It's really annoying.

[[btw, what's up with your icon? It's kinda comin' off a little fruity.]]
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Decept-O

Needless to say the inclusion of Venom in Spidey 3 was a big mistake;  I assume Raimi was pressured to include the character due to all the fanboys crying "I want Venom".  Well, now here they have their precious Venom all to themselves.   Wasn't there a bit of the symbiote left over in Doc Connor's lab?  I can't remember.  Regardless,  I don't see how this will work without Spidey.  I am curious about how it will be done, but I won't see it.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    Mutant X said:
    "White Mage said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "
    Fixed.  And agreed."
    [[btw, what's up with your icon? It's kinda comin' off a little fruity.]]"
    It's comin off a little fruity because I'm a queer. 

Mutant X said:
    "White Mage said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "
    Fixed.  And agreed."
    You have no idea if it's gonna suck or not. I hate people like you. You think that anything you don't agree with sucks. It's really annoying.
    So you are saying that I should trust that like I should trust Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, DragonBall Z, and Tekken?  That I should trust that they won't butcher the characters involved?  That I should trust that they won't do Venom like they did him in Spider-Man 3?  Uhm...........no.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom in Spider-Man 3 was a goddamn atrocity.  I'd just as soon they left the character alone for  a while.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Slinger

In my opinion, Venom is played out and boring. I would much rather see any number of interesting Marvel characters get a movie than to suffer through a Venom one. I'm not counting it out yet though. Maybe they'll do some good with it, but I'm not hopeful.

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mutant X
    Decept-O said:
    "

Needless to say the inclusion of Venom in Spidey 3 was a big mistake;  I assume Raimi was pressured to include the character due to all the fanboys crying "I want Venom".  Well, now here they have their precious Venom all to themselves.   Wasn't there a bit of the symbiote left over in Doc Connor's lab?  I can't remember.  Regardless,  I don't see how this will work without Spidey.  I am curious about how it will be done, but I won't see it.

"
    I agree that they shouldn't have had Venom in Spidey 3. They should've let Raimi do what he wanted. But now, with this "spin-off", Venom might actually get the justice he deserves. Venom's a great character that deserves better than Spider-man 3. And yeah, there's still a symbiote sample that Peter left with Connors to examine.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Martian
    Slinger said:
    "In my opinion, Venom is played out and boring. I would much rather see any number of interesting Marvel characters get a movie than to suffer through a Venom one. I'm not counting it out yet though. Maybe they'll do some good with it, but I'm not hopeful."
    Agreed, I wish they would stop using him for a few years.
    Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Slinger

Also, why assume that Spidey wont be in it? All they need is a CGI suit. If the movie is shot from Venom's perspective, there's no need for Peter Parker to make an appearance, but Spidey can, and without even hiring an actor, I doubt anyone would really notice if the voice was different.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DEGRAAF
    Slinger said:
    "Also, why assume that Spidey wont be in it? All they need is a CGI suit. If the movie is shot from Venom's perspective, there's no need for Peter Parker to make an appearance, but Spidey can, and without even hiring an actor, I doubt anyone would really notice if the voice was different."
    good point
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mutant X
    White Mage said:
    "Mutant X said:
    "White Mage said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "
    Fixed.  And agreed."

Mutant X said:
    "White Mage said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "
    Fixed.  And agreed."
    So you are saying that I should trust that like I should trust Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, DragonBall Z, and Tekken?  That I should trust that they won't butcher the characters involved?  That I should trust that they won't do Venom like they did him in Spider-Man 3?  Uhm...........no."
    Clearly, all those movies are gonna suck. We've seen previews for all of them, and we can honestly state our opinion on them. We haven't seen anything from this Venom movie yet. Not even a cast. So all I'm saying is you're presuming too soon.

And uhhh... Sorry about the icon thing.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    Mutant X said:
    "White Mage said:
    "Mutant X said:
    "White Mage said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "
    Fixed.  And agreed."

Mutant X said:
    "White Mage said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "
    Fixed.  And agreed."
    So you are saying that I should trust that like I should trust Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, DragonBall Z, and Tekken?  That I should trust that they won't butcher the characters involved?  That I should trust that they won't do Venom like they did him in Spider-Man 3?  Uhm...........no."
    Clearly, all those movies are gonna suck. We've seen previews for all of them, and we can honestly state our opinion on them. We haven't seen anything from this Venom movie yet. Not even a cast. So all I'm saying is you're presuming too soon.And uhhh... Sorry about the icon thing."
    Makes no sense to get REALLY hyped up over someone who has already shown 0 promise on the big screen. 

Accepted.

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mutant X
    White Mage said:
    "Mutant X said:
    "White Mage said:
    "Mutant X said:
    "White Mage said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "
    Fixed.  And agreed."

Mutant X said:
    "White Mage said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "
    Fixed.  And agreed."
    Clearly, all those movies are gonna suck. We've seen previews for all of them, and we can honestly state our opinion on them. We haven't seen anything from this Venom movie yet. Not even a cast. So all I'm saying is you're presuming too soon.And uhhh... Sorry about the icon thing."
    Makes no sense to get REALLY hyped up over someone who has already shown 0 promise on the big screen.  Accepted."
    They're getting a different director. The reason Venom sucked in Spidey 3 was because Raimi didn't even want to include Venom. NOW, they have a chance to get a director who understands Venom and his origin and all the other things that make him a good character.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Martian
    Mutant X said:
    "They're getting a different director. The reason Venom sucked in Spidey 3 was because Raimi didn't even want to include Venom. NOW, they have a chance to get a director who understands Venom and his origin and all the other things that make him a good character."
    Whats to understand about Venom? He's a guy who blames Spider-Man for all his problems.
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mutant X
    Nobody said:
    "Mutant X said:
    "They're getting a different director. The reason Venom sucked in Spidey 3 was because Raimi didn't even want to include Venom. NOW, they have a chance to get a director who understands Venom and his origin and all the other things that make him a good character."
    Whats to understand about Venom? He's a guy who blames Spider-Man for all his problems."
    Yeah, but he's got that whole "protect the innocent" thing, and he'll go to great heights to protect "innocent" people. There's a bunch of other things that make Venom awesome than blaming Spidey for everything.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#34  Edited By sora_thekey

Why don't they focus on movies for other superheroes... I know there's a lot of conflict on if this is a good idea or not but why waste money on a movie that is obiously going to be hated!

I mean at least Spider-Man and Fantastic Four had a 50/50 reaction
    Venom would end up having an 80/20 reaction (80 being bad of course) and all from us the Comic Book readers!

Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By Colt

as for topher grace, i think an easy way to reboot the venom character while staying canon to the films.. is to recast venom with someone playing eddie brock sr. I mean i dont recall eddie brock adding jr to his name in the comics, but he did every time in spider-man 3... so why not have his father, played by someone a bit bulkier such as kurt russell, return to take vengeance for his fallen son.

a lot of people point out how dr. connors still has a piece of the symbiote, so eddie can steal it from him. as for spider-man appearing, it would be good to have a smaller supporting role by spidey.. though anymore than that and it might as well be another spider-man movie. im not sure if tobey mcguire would do anything less than lead role, but it would be a nice thought.

the only storyline i can derive with more venom and less spidey would be if carnage were the villian. and that would be something id be afraid to see them tampering with...
    Triumphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Triumphant

Hopefully this movie won't dissapoint, but I wish Marvel would take a break from the Venom character. He's about 3 big appearances in the latest Spider-man games; Ultimate Spider-man game, Spider-Man 3 movie game, and Web of Shadows which was totally about the Venom Symbiote. So I just hope they make this an excellent movie and after that just cool off. Thats how I see it

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the Vica

I just don't see how they can make a movie based on Venom, when Venom's defining attribute is his hatred of Spider-Man... I know there's all that 'defend the innocent' crap, but there are lots of villains like that.

I won't be watching it. Unless they get a bunch of other people in the movie I wanna see.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pixelized

I think Megan Fox will be in this.

Nightwolf3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nightwolf3

idk if venom can hold his own movie, i think the success of comic book movies as of late are causing the writers to suck dry every last cent that this big boom in superhero movies will give them, unfortunately i see that resulting in a lot of crappy movies

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    pixelized said:
    "I think Megan Fox will be in this."
    That certainly couldn't make the film worse.... or better
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Korg

The UN should harshly reprimand Sony for launching this bomb.

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Making a Venom Movie is agood idea,because I think he should have a movie, In the comics he became a super hero in an another city. They could tshow you his whole Orgin,but it would be in  flashback such like Hulk's orgin was in a flashback in The Incredible Hulk movie

rendellboy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rendellboy94

How about Brock Lesnar as Eddie Brock/Venom

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DEGRAAF
    Colt said:
    "as for topher grace, i think an easy way to reboot the venom character while staying canon to the films.. is to recast venom with someone playing eddie brock sr. I mean i dont recall eddie brock adding jr to his name in the comics, but he did every time in spider-man 3... so why not have his father, played by someone a bit bulkier such as kurt russell, return to take vengeance for his fallen son.

a lot of people point out how dr. connors still has a piece of the symbiote, so eddie can steal it from him. as for spider-man appearing, it would be good to have a smaller supporting role by spidey.. though anymore than that and it might as well be another spider-man movie. im not sure if tobey mcguire would do anything less than lead role, but it would be a nice thought.

the only storyline i can derive with more venom and less spidey would be if carnage were the villian. and that would be something id be afraid to see them tampering with...
    "
    it could always be a origins story for macgargan.

people seem to be set on it being eddie. i understand why they would think eddie but if it is a spin off and eddie is dead than that only leaves mac. the villain can be the symbiote or carnage or spidey (wont happen)

Colt said:
    "as for topher grace, i think an easy way to reboot the venom character while staying canon to the films.. is to recast venom with someone playing eddie brock sr. I mean i dont recall eddie brock adding jr to his name in the comics, but he did every time in spider-man 3... so why not have his father, played by someone a bit bulkier such as kurt russell, return to take vengeance for his fallen son.

"
    did eddie brock jr get it before eddie brock senior in the comic bc the only way this movie is gonna work is if it is as close as possible to the comic since there already seems to be a moderate amount of people against it.

Incredible Hulk-Prime said:
    "

Making a Venom Movie is agood idea,because I think he should have a movie, In the comics he became a super hero in an another city. They could tshow you his whole Orgin,but it would be in  flashback such like Hulk's orgin was in a flashback in The Incredible Hulk movie

"
    i also dont think this is a good idea. They need to hope for more than what the hulk movies made, i say they are on the same level as the Fantastic Four movies (which i actually liked better)

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By SUNMAN
    Nobody said:
    agreed. Honestly a Venom movie could be really good, I just feel like the writers and director probably will not do everything they need to in a Venom movie to make it amazing
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

well it may be good at the very least venom is in it which is why i somewhat liked spiderman 3 just because venom was in it

Avatar image for ninjasquirrel01
    ninjasquirrel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ninjasquirrel01

Just make a Thunderbolts movie.

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SWEEET. (Only if they do it right!!!!)

Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By Psychotime

Please, NO Topher Grace!

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By G'bandit

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!! :DDDD

Does the "I'm going to watch it  Dance" Then the "I can wait to see it Dance!"

I feel like freaking break dancing XD

The actor better not be the same!!!!!!

I want to see the real Venom! So don't cast the kid from the SM3 movie!

Venom is huge! Not a freaking worm...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.