Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2794 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Venom's Fate Revealed in SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN?

• 82 results
    dauntes_patron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@anewerabegins0: the thunderbolts minimates set is coming out soon and guess who is missing? ??? Yep Flash... Ghost Rider is joining the thunderbolts

I think to replace Venom :(

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

dauntes_patron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is no one thinking Michael O'mara?!?!

WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@saoakden:

the Venom symbi got rid of the demon

dwhamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casshern: I like were you are going with this. But i'd say Carlie Cooper instead. After all she is onto SpOck. Then what if she disappeared for awhile and Peter came back and Carlie would still attack him thinking its Doc Ock.

But i'm gonna trust Dan Slott will come up with something a little more interesting then that haha

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This will be interesting to say the least. I don't know, I'm kinda wanting to see SpOck with the symbiote now...but that's just me.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Whenever I think of the Venom symbiote I think of the song Body Language by Queen. I'm wondering if Flash will be this new Goblin they're talking about. Maybe Goblin King will give him rocket legs made with Oscorps tech to seek revenge against Superior for taking the symbiote. It may be out of character for Flash but symbiote withdrawal has been known to drive hosts insane.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess Ock is going to fight EVERY one of Spider-mans enemies before they bring Peter back. I still don't think it's Norman thats running around dressed like the Green Goblin either. Anyone else not thinks it's him besides myself???

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bring back the Mercury Team to take down the New Venom, with Flash leading the squad

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I know he's dead, but you know, dead don't stay that way.

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been following Superior, so I don't know if any details could have happened to make this theory impossible, but maybe this it how they can bring back Pete. It would be a bit of a cop out, but what if it turned out that Ock never switched bodies with Peter, but they did share each other's minds and the trauma of the experience made then think they were each other. Then when the symbiote attaches, it's might bring Pete's true identity to the surface making him realize that he wasn't actually Otto at all.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the idea I was formulating while reading this:

I don't think Flash will lose the Symbiote in the end, but he'll lose it temporarily. I think it may be that SpOck gets the Symbiote for a few hours ("Darkest Hours"). During these few hours the insanity of the Symbiote drives SpOck further into this murky moral territory Slott's been bringing SuperiorSM through. However, maybe it's possible that the Symbiote reacts badly to SpOck and is the one that leaves him voluntarily.

Could it be that the Symbiote still remembers and thirsts for Parker, but when it latches to SpOck is deeply disturbed by the changes? Maybe the cohabitation of the Symbiote and the Host could communicate more of Parker's memories from the Symbiote to Ock. In this case, this arc could be the beginning of the end for Ock and the return of Peter! Of course, this may imply that all a human is is the sum of their memories which may be a little extreme an implication. Anyway I'm just sort of rambling. In any case, I don't think Flash will lose the Symbiote ultimately, but only temporarily.

God let it be true.

If they are going to temporarly manipulate with the character instead of killing him off, It'l be real fun.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if... Spider-Man 2099 = Next Venom host. o.o That'd be some craaaazy stuff, man.

dauntes_patron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dauntes_patron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if in Venom 42 flash keeps the demon and when in darkest hour he loses the symbiote the demon completely takes over turning Flash into the new Goblin King

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

lame. his fate should been done in HIS OWN BOOK. Before they canned it.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
    victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So umm did anybody read issue 19 & forget we have an outcast to consider. I don't want to spoil anything but if said person is now here in the 616 timeline could it not be possible that the symbiote choose him as a host.

KingdomCome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash Thompson better not die.... He is my favorite Venom and my brother loves Venom. I honestly thought this was a great series, so hopefully it comes back.

Flash is featured on the variant cover for January's "Thunderbolts" and considering thats a new arc, I'd say Flash is here to stay.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@wwajfan: When did he do that? I'm behind on Venom. & there goes number 4.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 138

@teerack said:

Everyone is wrong! Don't you see! The Symbiote is going to go onto Peter Parker! By that I mean Doc Ock's corpse! In One of the Spider-Man what ifs and in the Web Of Shadows video game the Symbiote was able to bring a corpse back to life if it bonded to the dead body. THINK ABOUT IT!

"Otto Octavius, the Superior Spider-Man, in a life-or-death struggle against the original Superior Venom!"

The ORIGINAL superior Venom? Who was the very first person to dawn the black suit? Peter Parker!

BOOM! /minds blow /drops the mic

i hope your right. I'd read the f&*k outta that.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@teerack said:

Everyone is wrong! Don't you see! The Symbiote is going to go onto Peter Parker! By that I mean Doc Ock's corpse! In One of the Spider-Man what ifs and in the Web Of Shadows video game the Symbiote was able to bring a corpse back to life if it bonded to the dead body. THINK ABOUT IT!

"Otto Octavius, the Superior Spider-Man, in a life-or-death struggle against the original Superior Venom!"

The ORIGINAL superior Venom? Who was the very first person to dawn the black suit? Peter Parker!

BOOM! /minds blow /drops the mic

i hope your right. I'd read the f&*k outta that.

Ya, and the venom in the images even has the sections of the tentacles that Doc Ock's arms did. His current Spider-Man ones are all smooth and sider like.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

BadLuckCoderre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By BadLuckCoderre

@teerack: Holy $%!#. I think you might be on to something! That makes total sense! But if that is Ock's dead body with Peter in the head, than why does it look like Superior SM's suit?

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

#75  Edited By flazam

Eyes,Tentacles

Its Ock

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel, you've done it again! Making Venom the hero and Spider-man the villain! SWEET CHRISTMAS!

spideybigtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 4

There are so many ways for this to play out.I can't wait to see what Slott has up his sleeve.

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps Mania will not keep her symbiote, and in the time of need, will giver her Venom suit to Flash, thus restoring her to a girl that could have a future, and returning the soldier to the hero?

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is everything Superior

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
    SpyderNoirBV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SpyderNoirBV

i check the wiki on spider man and it said that carlie cooper visited peter(in otto's body)'s grave and found that it's empty which could possibly mean that he will come back and maybe gotta reclaim his old body from otto after trying to release him from venom

SpyderNoirBV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stmichalofwilson: yeah i dont like otto as the 'superior spiderman' and im hopeful enough that Peter will get his body back(no one can replace the originals forever otherwise it will suck)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.