Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2794 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Venom Gets a New Costume in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

• 164 results
    jturlunque0999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Reminds a bit of Neon Genesis Evangelion. 8D

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@guardian3712: Sorry but that wont be happening with the Venom that you are supporting. The suit aint Evil no.more. According to Bendis, the symbiote race is a noble peaceful race natrually. Also, The suit has been rebooted and cleansed of all of the evil. There wont be no more inner struggling as previously. There will be co-operation. But thats what u want and thats what u are going to get. I hope your happy because i aint. For the first time in my life i will look at Venom as a whack character.

MB863

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has a "Ben 10" feel to it.

ceniza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wouldnt go so much for spawn as i'd go for evangelion on the head and chin. overall not that bad.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new generations of readers have a totally different idea of Venom; most of them don’t even know that once he was a bad guy.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

That john cena look is the kind of look people get when they realize their family has been inbreeding

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
    Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh... I don't like Flash at all. He should have stayed without his leg and never have met the symbiote. Marvel pls find someone better for the symbiote.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, nice! I'm lovin' in!~

Blues32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hrrmmm...another retcon, I see. Now the symboites are a race of helpful creatures? What happened to the Venom symboite being imprisoned for being "insane" for wanting to keep its host alive rather than drain them to the point of death?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
    deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

But it doesn't really matter because Marvel is being erased.

LoatheMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"looks like Spawn"

Haha. Where do you kids think Spawn got his look from?

Jumdor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it had a shark emblem on it. Would work just as well. Killer whale maybe?

Delcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mmm I don't like that helmet

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
    blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Everything is ok except for the face. But I do prefer the old look. The old version looks way better and more awesome.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It has a alien warrior look to it

@mi7ch said:

Getting a "Spawn" vibe off of the eye-markings and the tiny yellow eyes. Not necessarily a bad thing, although I will miss the special forces look the symbiote had during Flash's solo run.

Bring Eddie Brock back as Venom!

@rubear said:

Iron Spawn Venom Destroyer. Lol.

symbiotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the new look is ok, but the story arc was very disappointing.

Problem 1. 3 issue arc with only one issue on the actual planet of symbiotes.

Problem 2. Planet of symbiotes is just weird. Really, everyone on the ship has to willingly subject themselves to symbiotes that they have regularly expressed hostility towards. That was not earned at all, even Flash shouldn't be so willing to basically surrender to them.

Problem 3 symbiotes mono logging about how misunderstood they are. Wierd writing for this whole arc. I love bendis, but this was not his best work.

Things I did like: Venom 2099 making a brief appearance. New powers! Can't wait to see what he can do now.

I'm hoping this leads to a return to earth to restore the other symbiotes. It should be part of his mission now right to help fix the other corrupted symbiotes. Some should be no problem. Hybrid, Scorn? , maybe even Toxin. I would like to see venom vs Carnage, where Carnage actually corrupts the symbiote again and makes it turn back to its old ways somewhat.

Loberc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Loberc

@blues32 said:

Hrrmmm...another retcon, I see. Now the symboites are a race of helpful creatures? What happened to the Venom symboite being imprisoned for being "insane" for wanting to keep its host alive rather than drain them to the point of death?

it's better a generic retcon reducing the race of supervillians to Green Lanterns wannabe

seriously,I hate the new symbiote,it's more an upgrade

the conflict between the host and Venom is what kept the balance and made interesting (you know Venom become all big,fangs,teeth and tongue when angry and Brock\Gargan lost completely control)

you could lose control and Venom would go all berserk.

now it's just an overpowered space suit with no drawbacks,i'm not interested in seeing another iron man\green lantern clone with a biological super suit instead of a ring\mechanical suit.

"cleansed" of all evil.looks more of a cheap plot device to me where the poor Venom is brainwashed to follow the plot so that Flash can have Venom.

Even "we search good individuals to bond to but if you're not perfect you go crazy"

so Flash wasn't the "perfect host" chosen one clichè,then it you shouldn't have gave that to him,why not Spider-man?why not another hero?why you didn't send other symbiotes to bond with other heroes?
    because reasons,Flash had to have it,so bendis could write this stupid plot and design that ugly suit.

what made Venom different from the other symbiotes was his troubled story and uniqueness from its kind.

i prefer the version where Venom got locked up because the other symbiotes wanted to consume their host unlike Venom who wanted to cooperate with it,later rejected by Spider-man when it wanted to help him,you kinda felt sad about him.

now bendis is like

"oh you know venom wasn't actually a good guy misunderstood,he came from a crazy symbiote colony and was crazy himself,now we have removed all of the "evil" from him here you go bye"

his character development went down the drain.

now it's one of the billions of the "good" symbiotes that want to bond with goodly heroes around the galaxy.this is not interesting.

the symbiotes are just a race of "ineffective space warriors",wow how original

I hope that they will retcon it for the symbiotes' attempt to look harmless.

but why Flash?

why Flash and not Spider-man,he's a better hero than Flash is.

Flash was using the symbiote for the government,drugged it because too weak to control it,i wouldn't call that a "hero",more a spec-op soldier.

it was just a bully and a war veteran,you don't see Aunt May become a super warrior because she has a good personality.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.