Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2798 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Symbiote questions

Host

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Host

I'm making a fan comic and the main character has a symbiote. I greatly appreciate it you could answer some questions. I've looked here and wiki and I couldn't find anything.

Questions:

1. Can multiple symbiotes bond with one host? (Yet still remain two symbiotes)

2. I know symbiotes can change the host's appearance. But can they change it completely? For example: Brock changing to look like the Hulk or Marvel Girl.

3. When and how do symbiotes create spouses? Do they control it or is it random?

That’s all for now, thanks again if you could help.

Doctor Dare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Doctor Dare

Yes, Multiple Symbiotes can bond with someone and still remain two, For proof look at the Marvel Character "Hybrid".

No, They can't change someone's Human Appearence.

Symbiotes don't have Spouse's. They're Cells or Amobea's, They split in half and that is how they Reproduce.

Doctor Dare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Doctor Dare

Host says:

"Doctor Dare says:
    "Yes, Multiple Symbiotes can bond with someone and still remain two, For proof look at the Marvel Character "Hybrid". No, They can't change someone's Human Appearence. Symbiotes don't have Spouse's. They're Cells or Amobea's, They split in half and that is how they Reproduce."
    Thanks, but is it Random when they split?"

I'm not sure. But your welcome. I'm a huge Venom fan.

Host

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Host

Doctor Dare says:

"Yes, Multiple Symbiotes can bond with someone and still remain two, For proof look at the Marvel Character "Hybrid".No, They can't change someone's Human Appearence.Symbiotes don't have Spouse's. They're Cells or Amobea's, They split in half and that is how they Reproduce."

Thanks, but is it Random when they split?

Host

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Host

lol, so i'm I.

fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By fox

There are many colors of symbiotes.

Sinncerly,

Fox
    Post Edited:2008-03-02 17:54:56

Symbiocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Symbiocide

Actually the only times this has been seen was in those horrible Venom limited series (in one such LS, Eddie is able to use the symbiote to alter his appearance to that of an African-American detective) If you want to go by the b.s. established during Venom's "dark period", then yes, the symbiote can make Eddie physically look like other people. But no, the symbiote was never designed (by Marvel writers) to do that. It can mimic clothes, skin tissue, and blend into its surronding.
    Post Edited:2008-03-03 14:32:21

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By IcePrince_X

In the world of TopCow Comics, The Witchblade and the Darkness bonded with Ian Notthingham, in a symbiote like effect. The Witchblade is technically a symbiote that bonds with one human host. It has been recently been shown that it can create other witchblade or split itself to two host.

The witchblade doesnt seem to alter the appearance of its host unlike the Darkness or the Angelus that changes the appearance of its host.

Avatar image for trueform_darkside
    Trueform Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Trueform Darkside

I know the reply's a little late but still... Not sure if when a symbiote splits if its random or not, but from what seems to have happened in the past, the offspring bears some resemblance to the 'father'. The Venom symbiote created Carnage, which shares his black colour in the chaotic tendrils that envelope him (the red parts influenced from its time bonded with Spider-Man?). They share similiar but enhanced powers (carnage's symbiote tendrils can remain solid briefly when detached from his body, so he can create projectile weapons where as Venom's have to stay attached). Toxin has a combination of both Venom and Carnage's colours (his 'father' and 'grandfather') being half reddy-orange and part blackish green. His appearance changes depending on his aggressiveness from looking almost like spider-man to growing huge like venom and gaining taons similiar to carnage. If Anti-Venom is anything to go by, and he is the spawn of one of the other symbiotes, he clearly shares a link to Venom, being black and white.

Avatar image for eddie_brock_venom
    Eddie Brock/Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

well actually they can change the hosts body completely.

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Crackdown

1. Yes look at Hybrid, bonded with four symbiotes and has all four in his head with him.

2. Yes, Toxin changed his human hosts appearence several times.

3. Symbiotes are asexual and reproduce on their own.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By SUNMAN

symbiotes are always changing stuff. Depends on the writer. As time goes on we find out more stuff about them and they just get weirder and weirder. But that is why we love them

Wepopu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wepopu

why is the carnage stronger than venom? when eddie brock was stronger than Cletus Kasady who was just some random serial killer? then toxin was the strongest and its host was just...well sad

MECHAPIXEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MECHAPIXEL

Symbiocide said:
    Actually the only times this has been seen was in those horrible Venom limited series (in one such LS, Eddie ... [more]
    Venom: Along Came A Spider #1, I love that issue, but your right it was horrible.
    KasadyCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KasadyCarnage
    @Wepopu:
    Carnage took some of Venoms power when he gave birth and each generation of symbiotes gets stronger such as Toxin the son of Carnage who is stronger then the father
    Develocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Develocity
    @Host said:
    "

I'm making a fan comic and the main character has a symbiote. I greatly appreciate it you could answer some questions. I've looked here and wiki and I couldn't find anything.

Questions:

1. Can multiple symbiotes bond with one host? (Yet still remain two symbiotes)

2. I know symbiotes can change the host's appearance. But can they change it completely? For example: Brock changing to look like the Hulk or Marvel Girl.

3. When and how do symbiotes create spouses? Do they control it or is it random?

That’s all for now, thanks again if you could help.

"

answer 4 number 1.-duh they definetly can.

2. no they cant

3. no they dont control it, the knew symbiote comes out when they take enough out of the host (i think)

acaipapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By acaipapaya

Could anyone describe Carnage's and Venom's healing factors?  How strong are their healing factors?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.