Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2798 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Six Part Weekly VENOM Event Begins in February

• 63 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Marvel revealed its plans for a Venom mini-event yesterday with a Liveblog. Beginning in February 2012, Venom will be shipping weekly with writers Rick Remender, Jeff Parker, Rob Williams and artist Tony Moore.

No Caption Provided

The six-part event will take place within the pages of Venom and feature Red Hulk, X-23 and Ghost Rider (the new female version). The inspiration for the story came from Remender and Jason Aaron trying to come up with a Venom/Wolverine crossover that would pay homage to the Walt Simonson/Art Adams "New Fantastic Four" three-issue arc in Fantastic Four #347-349.

Remender said the following:

There is some status quo change for each of these characters. We didn't just want to put their stories on hold. Each arc they're currently in the midst of comes into this story. There will be some defining moments for these characters.

X-23 is given an answer to one of her big questions with an ugly, ironic turn.

The story will take place in Las Vegas where Venom ended up and Captain America sends Red Hulk to investigate a situation.

== TEASER ==
    No Caption Provided

The story begins in Venom #13 and continues into Venom #13.1, 13.2, 13.3 and 13.4 and concludes in Venom #14. Venom #13 will be 30 pages with art by Tony Moore. Moore will be drawing the first and last parts. Stefano Caselli will provide art for all the covers of the story. While Marjorie Liu is not part of the writing team, she has been consulting on the project.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TDK_1997

Another Event from Marvel....

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

@TDK_1997: It is, but not really. It's just a six part story. At least it's only contained to Venom, even if it means adding the extra 'point' issues.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

That team actually looks pretty cool...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

This is gonna be awesome. The fact that it isn't gonna take several months, but just one, is amazing too. Love it love it love it. Oh and Venom. Love it love it love it.

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Chane

Is there any reason it couldn't have taken place in Venom 13 - 18, instead of these .1, .2, .3, .4 issues?

Sigh.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

See now this is what Marvel needs to do, small storylines like this and arcs and lay off of the big events, having them only once a year at most. Awesome four team-up though!

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordRequiem

Seems a very Thunderbolt type team to me, not that that's a bad thing at all.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By kagato

I do love seeing Venom in action, wonder how this will all work out and if the sybiote will end up bonding with him. He does seem to be wearing the suit for extended periods and loosing control way more often than he did at the start.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @RedheadedAtrocitus said:

See now this is what Marvel needs to do, small storylines like this and arcs and lay off of the big events, having them only once a year at most. Awesome four team-up though!

agreed
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

The problem is that when they have them once a year, they last for the next year. But I agree.

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By WildStyle

Now this looks pretty cool. This came out of the blue but it has potential. Especially since Remender is on board who writes pretty quality stuff. I like X-23 and Venom so I have to try it out.

You can tell Marvel is trying to push a lot of characters these days which is great. Iron Fist, Valkyrie, X-23, Venom, etc. It's a good look.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

God dammit Marvel. Why can't you just stick to numbering THAT MAKES A SEMBLANCE OF FUCKING SENSE!? Don't get me wrong, this seems awesome, but why the fuck all the decimals? Fucking Marvel.

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bigsoto74

1. Alien Military Suit - Check

2. Radioactive Powerhouse - Check

3. Mutant Assassin - Check

4. Spirit of Vengeance - Check

Seems like they covered everything and the team looks awesome.

Hey wait... I thought the Hulk, Spider-Man, Wolverine and Ghost Riders were a temp Fantastic Four Team. Are they trying to recreate this team with memebers with the same abilities?

No Caption Provided
    bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bigsoto74

@Enzeru said:

Damn, that seems still to be Flash as Venom. I was kinda hoping that Eddie Brock would get the Venom-symbiote again after Spider-Island and do his Lethal Protector thingy. But okay... The entire Anti-Venom story was a huge step forward for the character, since he was done with his hatred towards Spider-Man, found a brand new goal with the healing powers of the new symbiote and he had Jenna on his side - a person worth fighting for. Now Jenna is totally missing, which is kinda sad, but it's still okay, since Anti-Venom is just a part of a larger story. I really hope that he doesn't lose the Anti-Venom symbiote after Spider Island.

I do love the original Venom with Eddie Brock, but it is nice to see the symbiote used in a different way than its original form. They are to many Spider-Men and I welcome the change. The new Venom looks like Spiderman and Deadpool had a kid and the Flash Venom was born.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#16  Edited By GothamRed

It looks fun, it'll be cool to see venom and x-23 together, I might look into it

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By GBrutality

wasn't the .1 stuff only for getting new readers or something like that feeling like it was an easy starting point? these new .2, .3, .4 stuff is getting out of hand. as someone above said if you're a collector the numbering just makes things a little difficult.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Enzeru said:

Damn, that seems still to be Flash as Venom. I was kinda hoping that Eddie Brock would get the Venom-symbiote again after Spider-Island and do his Lethal Protector thingy. But okay... The entire Anti-Venom story was a huge step forward for the character, since he was done with his hatred towards Spider-Man, found a brand new goal with the healing powers of the new symbiote and he had Jenna on his side - a person worth fighting for. Now Jenna is totally missing, which is kinda sad, but it's still okay, since Anti-Venom is just a part of a larger story. I really hope that he doesn't lose the Anti-Venom symbiote after Spider Island.

Jenna most likely left after the events of "New Ways To Live". (I honestly wouldn't be surprised if either she left or Eddie ditched her for her own safety).

But Remender said that with Venom #10, Eddie will be a recurring cast member.

And it isn't a real symbiote, technically.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By InnerVenom123
    Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Or35ti

That does look like an interesting team...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Enzeru said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

It was to give a cure to the spider-infection. He was totally satisfied with losing his power if it meant being seen as a hero for once.

Yeah, I know that already.
    I'm also following the recent Spider Island event.

I saw him losing the suit, but I'm not sure if he will lose it once and for all, or if he is going to gain it back in the end of Spider Island.
    I was always a huge fan of Venom, mainly because of the character Eddie Brock. He got great retcons!
    It would be a pity if they would take away his Anti-Venom symbiote.
    I'm also not really expecting them to do it, because I see him as a part of the upcoming Revengers, who are led by Wonder Man, who has a problem with the Avengers.

You're not sure, that he won't be Anti-Venom anymore, right?

None of Eddie's retcons were done very well unless seen in hindsight. The cancer made absolutely no sense and the symbiote getting retconned to just wanting him for adrenaline was a huge mis-step. Thankfully "The Last Temptation Of Eddie Brock" (my favorite Eddie-Venom story ever, and it doesn't even have the real Venom in it) retconned it again, so that Eddie got the symbiote for the original reasoning of hate, and THEN later got cancer.

If Anti-Venom gets a stay on the retarded Revengers team, I'm going to be so f**king furious. Which is why I'm thankful that he's gotten depowered. Because Remender is literally snatching Anti-Venom away from Bendis and putting him in a better book and as Eddie. Bendis already stole Moon Knight from me. I can't.... afford... to lose Eddie. I'm exaggerating, but you get what I mean. :P

Spider-Island had Reed literally tell Eddie that he'll never be able to become Anti again.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Enzeru: I feel your pain. He's basically doing the same thing to Moon Knight. Except without turning him into a villain.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#26  Edited By Lvenger

This looks to be very interesting. X-23, Venom and Ghost Rider have very solid individual titles and it's cool to have Red Hulk on the team. Overall if it's written with the same style and care that goes into each of its members titles then this looks to be a very promising self contained event.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123 said:

This is gonna be awesome. The fact that it isn't gonna take several months, but just one, is amazing too. Love it love it love it. Oh and Venom. Love it love it love it.

This.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Is Flash-Venom trying to take over Wolverine's spot as Marvel's "Hey, look at me! I'm everywhere!" man award?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#29  Edited By The Impersonator

At least it's not a big event. Sheesh!

waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By waruikumo

While the new venom series is good from what i've read. This is why marvel makes up less than 20% of my weekly purchases

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By frogjitsu

Awesome. They have me sold with Venom and X-23. At first glance, the .1, .2, .3, .4 doesn't make sense, but remember, Venom is a monthly title. Since this "event" is weekly, the point one issues will probably allow issue #14 to come out at it's regular time the next month. Basically issue 13, and 14 will probably come out at there normal times, and the extra decimal issues will be squeezed in the weeks in-between. See, it's logical, even if it throws collectors off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edc72068d57d
    deactivated-5edc72068d57d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TDK_1997 said:

It's just a story on the Venom book and it actually looks pretty cool!

Pbott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pbott

Rick Remender- best writer at marvel, if he is writing it im reading it.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Glad to see a big event with new characters. Usually we get characters like Spider-man, Captain America, and Thor but now we are getting characters like Venom. I think that is a step up for Marvel. I hope we get to see more characters get big events beside the iconic superheroes.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ThomasElliot

@bigsoto74 said:

Hey wait... I thought the Hulk, Spider-Man, Wolverine and Ghost Riders were a temp Fantastic Four Team. Are they trying to recreate this team with memebers with the same abilities?

Um..

"The inspiration for the story came from Remender and Jason Aaron trying to come up with a Venom/Wolverine crossover that would pay homage to the Walt Simonson/Art Adams "New Fantastic Four" three-issue arc in Fantastic Four #347-349"

Soooooo. YES.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By fury714

@frogjitsu said:

Awesome. They have me sold with Venom and X-23. At first glance, the .1, .2, .3, .4 doesn't make sense, but remember, Venom is a monthly title. Since this "event" is weekly, the point one issues will probably allow issue #14 to come out at it's regular time the next month. Basically issue 13, and 14 will probably come out at there normal times, and the extra decimal issues will be squeezed in the weeks in-between. See, it's logical, even if it throws collectors off.

That's gonna throw off my wallet though, 1 issue per week, it's like ASM that you have to follow 3 times a month >_<

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By thatlad

Rememder & x-23??? SOLD!!!

TheVenomSite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By TheVenomSite

Not sure why everyone has an issue with the ".1, .2, etc.." Would it help if they just called it Venom #13 part 1, part 2, etc....

I'm just looking at it as one giant book, split up into 6 parts.

Omegalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Omegalpha

Six books in a month... just when I thought Marvel could not make me any more sick. Bye, bye Venom.

mrzero1982pt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mrzero1982pt2

marvel, a comic issue is not an event. not every month of the year has to be a comic event. eents are supposed to be out there, and hit us like a brick to the skull when they occur. i do not want to look at my calendar and say "oh, this marvel event happens today" and whatnot. and i definitely do NOT want to go to the comic shop and buy a trade of this event and shell out 30 bucks. no thank you. go back to the days where we had a cool single issue which made folks happy

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jcbart

I was a tad worried about X-23's involvement until you mentioned that Liu has been consulting the event. I have faith that Remender will stay true to the Laura that's being developed in her on-going series at the moment.

rudorudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By rudorudo

Boooo! Stefano Caselli should be doing all the art...

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@G-Man said:

@TDK_1997: It is, but not really. It's just a six part story. At least it's only contained to Venom, even if it means adding the extra 'point' issues.

I'm excited it's contained to one title, it's like the dark angel saga for uncanny x-force, it's a big deal but its self contained to the people involved

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Daveyo520

@TDK_1997 said:

It is what turned me away from them. Just wait Marvel! Let us cool down and take a breath.

I think that picture of Red Hulk is pretty cool though.

hitechlolife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By hitechlolife

Remender is my favorite writer in mainstream comics right now. This is great news.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Phaedrusgr

I'm a little bit confused with the Scarlet Venom Flashpool...

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By Man of Lengend

@Phaedrusgr said:

I'm a little bit confused with the Scarlet Venom Flashpool...

hahaha also i feel that he is the new deadpool , but i have to say i do love this comic and flash as venom should stay

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48  Edited By Rixec

@Omegalpha: Actually I think it will take more than a month, seeing as we don't get six weeks in a month.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By fodigg

@bigsoto74 said:

No Caption Provided

I didn't give a crap about this event until I saw the covers and realized it was a NFF team. Now it's awesome. I loved that concept. Now it's redone with all new characters and it's really cool.

But hey, doesn't this kind of take the wind out of the sails of Cho's new team? Doesn't this New "New Fantastic Four" cover all the "ancient archetype" bases his team does?

Also, I totally have that trading card and cherish it.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By shawn87

X-23 is the only character out of those 4 that I really like. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.