Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2794 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Should I dive into the new Venom run?

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Madness

Just wondering if I should dive into the new Venom run with Flash Thompson?

I have a bunch of the 90's Venom run and I love it. I like that it's funny, I like that it's completely off the wall. It was just a fun comic with a fun hero. So wanting to get back into comics, I read the last Venom run. The one with nano spiders and a clone Venom in the artic..... It was terrible and the art was garbage. I missed the misadventures of my chocolate eating, criminal killing, skateboard champion, jokster with a bloodlust and heart of gold! I know they aren't very popular with alot of people but I loved them for what they were.

So my question is where do I go from here? Is Flash Venom better than the anime Venom or whatever that crap was. Would someone that enjoyed 90's Venom enjoy this? If no, any other suggestions?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

Most of the Venom fans that I know have really enjoyed this book.

The only unfortunate thing is that the writer who has made it such a success is leaving...so there is some question as to if this book will continue to be as good as it has been.

I say you should collect though all the issues that have come up.

Very much worth it.

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HotSauceCommittee

It's certainly not the Venom of the 90's, check out the Carnage miniseries if you're looking for nostalgia, or give Venom a go if you don't mind something different.

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Madness

Hey, thanks for the reply!

How would you say the characters compare? Is Flash as Venom anything at all like Brock as Venom. And a somewhat related question, how's Anti-Venom?(yeah, I'm a bit behind) Does he have an ongoing series, does he reflect classic Venom?

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Madness

I guess I could look into Carnage, I'm not overly fond of him though.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Strider1992

@The_Madness: Brock is no longer Anti-Venom can't remember how that happened but he's Toxin now I believe. The new Venom series isn't bad but Flash is nothing like Brock. To sum it up briefly its basically Venom as a government agent doing missions etc...

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fivestarga

@The_Madness said:

Hey, thanks for the reply!

How would you say the characters compare? Is Flash as Venom anything at all like Brock as Venom. And a somewhat related question, how's Anti-Venom?(yeah, I'm a bit behind) Does he have an ongoing series, does he reflect classic Venom?

Flash has made Venom is own character; and they really don't relate as all. The best way to describe it is that Brock was a villian/anti-hero whereas Flash is a genuine hero. Now dont get me wrong, flash still struggles with it's urges but has a good heart and all his sanity.

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fivestarga

Also, I'd like to say that this is my favorite comic book going at the moment. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone :)

Jonni_Beretta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonni_Beretta

Venom is complete awes-O-meness its definately in my top 3 every month along with Batman and Ultimate Spiderman. You should pick it up ou wont regret it. I havent read a bad issue thus far

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Madness

Is Eddie Brock's story being told through the Venom run? So if I kept up with Venom would I also keep up with Eddie Brock and all his latest noteworthy shenannigans?

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hectorsquall

@The_Madness: Do you prefer Eddie as one of the best antihero and a great character or as a cold-blooded killer who doesn't mind killing innocent symbiote hosts? Personally, I prefer the first option but it looks like I'm in the minority here...

Before you pick up this run, check out my blog: Rick Remender: Why I will stop buying every book he is working on.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By RoboShark

I feel since this run I will always associate Flash as Venom.

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Madness

After reading your blog..

So for all intents and purposes my character is dead. Eddie + Venom isn't happening, they got rid of Anti-Venom, and killed off Pat. Eddie has completely lost his moral compass and is a mindless evil beast now. Lame.

Eddie + Toxin could have been a good character, but it looks likes he's just gonna be a lame villian acting way out of character. :(

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By kingjoeg

@The_Madness: I love Remenders Venom run. It's definatley worth reading if you're a venom fan. I have to say i prefer Flash Thompson as Venom rather than Eddie. Mainly because it's a fresh take on the character, about Flash trying to be a hero but theres also the flip side in that he can turn evil at any moment if his heart gets too high.

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By kingjoeg

@The_Madness: Also we have only seen one panel with Eddie as Toxin at the end of Venom 17, so I think it's a bit early to label him as a mindless beast. Lets at least give in an issue or two first.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hectorsquall

@The_Madness: I know, right? Such a shame :(

There's no denying that the 12 first issues were pretty good and made me care about Flash as the new Venom. It wasn't the same character but the story was great. But after Remender killed off Pat, probably played a big part in the fact that Eddie isn't Anti-Venom anymore, turned Brock into a cold-blooded killer acting out of character, made the Toxin symbiote bond with him resulting in the creation of a new villain...

And what Remender has to say about this?

"I think everybody responded well to Anti-Venom, and it was cool, but a lot of the symbiotes have become too sympathetic. We wanted to give Venom his own Venom. You've got Carnage out there, but we wanted one more. Eddie Brock as Toxin is a revenge-fueled nightmare monster." -Rick Remender

People will probably want to wait next issues to see how it will play out but as a Eddie Brock fan, I won't. Remender did something that no other writer ever managed to do, he made me want to see one of my favorite character die. Worst, Eddie is already dead to me. Remender destroyed all I ever liked about Brock and I don't think any other writer could ever repair the damage done to this once great character. (And I'm not even talking about Toxin...)

TheVenomSite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By TheVenomSite

I would suggest picking up issue 17 and giving the Savage Six arc (17 - 22) a shot. It is Remender's last arc; Cullen Bunn is taking over starting with issue 23.

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Madness

@hectorsquall: Its like he's saying 'Venom was a well developed character so lets undo all that and make another Carnage!' We don't need another Carnage, theres a reason he's been killed off like what? Three times?

@TheVenomSite: Like I said, I've been out of the loop for a bit but everyone seems pretty disappointed with Cullen Bunn taking over, I don't think I've read any of his work. Is he a notoriously bad writer?

Either way I will give the run a shot but I miss my 90's Venom :( Anything else I should read along with this?

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hectorsquall

@The_Madness: Agreed. But like you said, you could give this run a shot. I really liked the 12 first issues, it was different from 90's Venom but still a great story. That's the following issues that disappointed me because the treatment accorded to some characters like Eddie and Toxin wasn't to my taste. Some people don't have any problem with that and the story wasn't that bad but as a fan of Eddie and Toxin, I wasn't very pleased so I wanted to warn you.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By fodigg

The Flash Venom book is amazing. It had a slight hiccup for a "new fantastic four" crossover but then got right back down to business. Making Flash venom was an inspired choice.

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Madness

@hectorsquall: I'm like you, I'm an Eddie fan so I'll try to get ahold of the first 12 issues if I can find them and drop the series once I can't handle what they've done to Eddie.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hectorsquall

@The_Madness: Yeah, glad to see that I'm not the only one! And who knows, maybe this thing with Eddie acting out of character will just be temporary. It wasn't really the same character as 90's Venom since he was separated from the symbiote but I still liked him as Anti-Venom. Sure, he acted like a religious fanatic at times but he was still a damn good anti-hero. The fact that he killed Scott Washington (Hybrid) like that, like a cold-blooded murderer, that was just bad IMO :(

Still, Eddie aside, this series is good. Really different than 90's Venom but I still enjoyed it, even if the Circle of Four story arc was a little lackluster. It really made me care about Flash Thompson as the new Venom and I'd still be reading this book if what happened with Eddie and Toxin didn't pissed me off so bad.

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Madness

@hectorsquall: Concidering he actually saved Cletus Kassidy(Carnage, the one that deserves death like no other) on a couple occasions, its super out of character for him to kill Scott. Especially concidering he didn't have a symbiote at the time. :(

Are there any other comics that have the same feel as 90's Venom? I'm thinking I might try some other 90's anti-heros to fill that void in my life maybe Morbius or Deadpool, I dunno. Thoughts?

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hectorsquall

@The_Madness: Well, Morbius isn't really in any book right now (except some rare cameos in The Amazing Spider-Man). There's Scarlet Spider by Christopher Yost (starring Kaine) who is really great and the only other Marvel book who would fit the bill right now, well... it's Deadpool (2008) by Daniel Way! I know, right? The guy who butchered Venom in 2003 o_o. I haven't read all the issues of this Deadpool series but there are some real gems in there, especially this one: Monkey Business (#19-22). To be honest, that's one of the few story arcs that I collected from this series but that's only because I really like Hit-Monkey :)

At DC, the only series like that would be Red Hood and The Outlaws. Fun series with a cool anti-hero. If you asked me some months ago, I'd also have said Deathstroke but now that Rob Liefeld took over this book, well...let's just say that he even butchered Lobo :(

Another great book is The Boys from Dynamite Entertainment, it's a little violent at times (Garth Ennis, nuff said) but it's tons of fun!

That's only for the monthly series who are published right now, I could try to find other series like that published in recent years but I'm too lazy atm ;p

PS: Now that I think about it, you might also like The Irredeemable Ant-Man, that's a really fun 12 issue maxi-series published in 2006-2007. Sadly, Eric O'Grady, the Irredeemable Ant-Man was killed off in Secret Avengers by Rick Remender, the same guy who destroyed Eddie and Toxin, I already expressed my disappointment in my blog but it really looks like this guy destroyed every character I care about >:(

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@hectorsquall said:

@The_Madness: Well, Morbius isn't really in any book right now (except some rare cameos in The Amazing Spider-Man). There's Scarlet Spider by Christopher Yost (starring Kaine) who is really great and the only other Marvel book who would fit the bill right now, well... it's Deadpool (2008) by Daniel Way! I know, right? The guy who butchered Venom in 2003 o_o. I haven't read all the issues of this Deadpool series but there are some real gems in there, especially this one: Monkey Business (#19-22). To be honest, that's one of the few story arcs that I collected from this series but that's only because I really like Hit-Monkey :)

At DC, the only series like that would be Red Hood and The Outlaws. Fun series with a cool anti-hero. If you asked me some months ago, I'd also have said Deathstroke but now that Rob Liefeld took over this book, well...let's just say that he even butchered Lobo :(

Another great book is The Boys from Dynamite Entertainment, it's a little violent at times (Garth Ennis, nuff said) but it's tons of fun!

That's only for the monthly series who are published right now, I could try to find other series like that published in recent years but I'm too lazy atm ;p

PS: Now that I think about it, you might also like The Irredeemable Ant-Man, that's a really fun 12 issue maxi-series published in 2006-2007. Sadly, Eric O'Grady, the Irredeemable Ant-Man was killed off in Secret Avengers by Rick Remender, the same guy who destroyed Eddie and Toxin, I already expressed my disappointment in my blog but it really looks like this guy destroyed every character I care about >:(

In the case of Eddie Brock, it's called character development. Comics are sort of built upon it.

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Madness

@TheAnnihilator: I understand the concept of character development, but the fact is his 'development' as of now doesn't make a lick of sense. Eddie had no grudge against Scott, had nothing to gain, and there was just plain 'ol no reason to kill him. Eddie was always against killing, and now(before his recent Toxin' merge, I'm not quite there yet) that he doesn't have a symbiote why has he become blood thirsty? Not only blood thirsty, but even with the evil symbiote he mostly just killed what he concidered 'bad guys'. Scott did not fall into this catagory. You could make the argument he was a casualty that had to happen for the Hybrid symbiote to die, but generally speaking Brock has lots of experiance with symbiotes, knows there weaknesses and its just all to easy to remove them from the host then kill them.

The second part is now that he's with Toxin he seems like another monster, which is weird concidering Eddie = good and Toxin = good, somehow creates an evil beast, but lets not get too much into that until we see where it goes.

Character development is fine, Brock without a symbiote is fine, Anti-venom is fine, punisher-esque Brock is fine, Toxin-Brock is fine(I guess), Brock being and unexplained schitzo =/= character development.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheAnnihilator

Brock had showed quite a few signs of going off the deep end and his intentions made plenty of sense. Brock has been a psychopath underneath it all for a while anyway. Had you read the issues, it probably wouldn't bother you.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By VenomousDragon

The book is good my only real complaint is I hate what there doing with eddie. Hes pretty much a second mac gargan and hes only eating someone away from being a red gargan venom and at that point i plan on dropping the book.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By htb106

I'm not reading it but a lot of people have said good things about it.

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Madness

@TheAnnihilator: You may be right, like you said I haven't read the new Venom run but I have read pretty much everything else venom related save alot of Mac Gargan stuff, so I will check it out and see for myself whats going on with Eddie.

@VenomousDragon: This is whatscares me, your the second person thats said this and Eddie is a much cooler character than Mac Gargan.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hatutzeraze

Rick Remender's Venom made me actually like Venom.

90s Venom did nothing for me.

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Madness

90's Venom was good in a different way. He was funny and ridiculous, just for some reason this made Deadpool popular and Venom lame.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hectorsquall

@The_Madness: I totally agree with what you and VenomousDragon said.

It's true that Brock killed some innocents when he was Venom. In the very beginning, he was bloodthirsty (acted nearly like a psycho) and killed innocents if they were on his way but he always considered himself a hero and showed remorse for these deaths. At the time he was still a villain but Marvel decided to make him more relatable and made him into a "Lethal Protector". Since then, even if he was often against Spider-Man he was a great anti-hero and did his best to protect those he deemed innocent. After being separated from the symbiote and dying from cancer, he suffered a breakdown and murdered a nurse before trying to kill Aunt May but he ultimately couldn't do it because she was innocent. After this, he tried to redeem himself.

Even if Eddie Brock did some very bad things as Venom that was because of the symbiote who was messing around with his head. But since he became Anti-Venom, Eddie was finally sane and became a real hero. He killed criminals but never murdered innocents like he did with Scott Washington. And when he killed him, that was really stupid and unnecessary because in the end the symbiote was still alive and we saw what happened with him in Carnage USA. For someone who had experience in dealing with symbiotes, that didn't seem really smart.

I don't call that "character development" but simply butchering two great characters (Eddie and Toxin) and turning them into a new bad guy. Maybe it's only temporary but the damage is already done. Remender managed to undo all the character development that Eddie had over the years and killed Pat Mulligan (he could always be brought back but I don't think that Marvel really cares about him).

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By TDK_1997

The run of Rick Remender is awesome and has made the character of Flash Thompson cool again but the last two issues weren't that well writen and if Remender leaves the book I'm not sure if it will be any good.

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Madness

I just re-read Amazing Spider-man 332, and this is definatly when Venom was still a 'bad guy' or 'psychopath' or whatever. Pretty much the pinnicle of his evil and even then, while fighting Spider-man, he goes out of his way to save a child. Brock has had a heart of gold right from the begining and would never kill an innocent(save for a couple guards that the symbiote killed). So why exactly does him killing innocents(Scott), without the evil symbiote make any sense? It doesn't. It's okay to still like the comic, but this is without a doubt out of character for Brock.

Let's look at some of Eddie Brock's(as Venom) evil deeds.

-Saved a girl from drowning

-Saved a kitten

-Couldn't bring himself to kill Pyre because he saw himself in him.

-Taught kids some skate board tricks after saving them

-Shared his chocolate with children

-Let the Mercury Virus go free after it drove him insane

-Saved Carnage(Yeah CARNAGE!!) from falling out of a window

Eddie WITH the evil symbiote SAVED Carnage!

Eddie WITHOUT the evil symbiote KILLED Scott!

Either Eddie is acting out of character, or he is the evil one and the symbiote is where he got all his morals which we know isn't true because it made Mac Gargan eat people, and it used to go out at night to eat brains. Eddie follows a code, he doesn't kill the innocent on purpose like that.

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Madness

Full of spoilers!!!

Alright, I've now read issues 1-14 of the new Venom run.... Its not bad. But it's nothing spectacular, I guess I'm still kinda on the fence. Like with the new Jack-o-lantern, he's cool and he has some really good lines but his motives seem a little wonky. It's kinda like Rick Remender was desperate to establish Venom's rogue gallery and wanted to make Jack-o-latern his nemesis, just for the sake of having one. I mean, I get that mostly everything Jack says is tongue in cheek but his motives for hating Venom is that grenade blast that messed up his face... however he doesn't actually seem to even care it happened. Rick Remender is clearly grasping for an excuse for these guys to hate each other right away instead of slowly building there relationship like with Spider and Green Goblin. I mean if being disfigured actually bothered Jack in the slightest then maybe I'd believe this hatred but it comes off as kinda forced.

Flash Thompson is a good character, although he must be weak willed or somthing because without sedatives that symbiote manipulates him like nobody's buiness. Peter Parker and Eddie Brock didn't have nearly this many problems with it. Maybe he'd have an easier time if he fed it chocolate like Eddie Brock did. I guess Eddie was more clever than the team of funded government scientists.

When are they gonna drop this 'perminant bonding' bullshit, it never happened with Eddie and as we can see even Flash being bonded with it for days still strips it more often than his underwear. Let this concept die already, it doesn't pan out!

Spider-man never did follow that Spider tracer.

Why does every character use french expressions? I mean it would be better if maybe one character used a multiple french expressions, but everyone using one french expression? Not everyone uses french expressions, trust me I'm Canadian! :)

I just don't like crossovers so for me Spider Island kinda came outta nowheres and didn't quite conclude, but whatever.

Circle of four wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be but I gotta say Alejandra is the worst character ever and they should have given the spirit of Vengance back to Johnny. I mean could she be anymore unlikable? My only other complaint on that arc is minor and I would consider very nitpicky but the death of ghost rider and hulk were I little unbelieveable, those characters are much more durable but I can look past that.

So I guess I'm kinda hooked but I dunno, its written well for the most part but... some things just don't seem thought out or just rushed.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kallarkz
    @The_Madness said:

I just re-read Amazing Spider-man 332, and this is definatly when Venom was still a 'bad guy' or 'psychopath' or whatever. Pretty much the pinnicle of his evil and even then, while fighting Spider-man, he goes out of his way to save a child. Brock has had a heart of gold right from the begining and would never kill an innocent(save for a couple guards that the symbiote killed). So why exactly does him killing innocents(Scott), without the evil symbiote make any sense? It doesn't. It's okay to still like the comic, but this is without a doubt out of character for Brock.

Let's look at some of Eddie Brock's(as Venom) evil deeds.

-Saved a girl from drowning

-Saved a kitten

-Couldn't bring himself to kill Pyre because he saw himself in him.

-Taught kids some skate board tricks after saving them

-Shared his chocolate with children

-Let the Mercury Virus go free after it drove him insane

-Saved Carnage(Yeah CARNAGE!!) from falling out of a window

Eddie WITH the evil symbiote SAVED Carnage!

Eddie WITHOUT the evil symbiote KILLED Scott!

Either Eddie is acting out of character, or he is the evil one and the symbiote is where he got all his morals which we know isn't true because it made Mac Gargan eat people, and it used to go out at night to eat brains. Eddie follows a code, he doesn't kill the innocent on purpose like that.

he is not a moral person. Yes he has done a handful of good deeds but so did PLutonian in Irredeemable and yet he killed millions of people.  
    He is killing people right NOW actually in comics. 
    Yes he believes he is doing the right thing...but since when do we glorify murders who believe they have a just cause?
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kallarkz
    @The_Madness said:

Full of spoilers!!!

Alright, I've now read issues 1-14 of the new Venom run.... Its not bad. But it's nothing spectacular, I guess I'm still kinda on the fence. Like with the new Jack-o-lantern, he's cool and he has some really good lines but his motives seem a little wonky. It's kinda like Rick Remender was desperate to establish Venom's rogue gallery and wanted to make Jack-o-latern his nemesis, just for the sake of having one. I mean, I get that mostly everything Jack says is tongue in cheek but his motives for hating Venom is that grenade blast that messed up his face... however he doesn't actually seem to even care it happened. Rick Remender is clearly grasping for an excuse for these guys to hate each other right away instead of slowly building there relationship like with Spider and Green Goblin. I mean if being disfigured actually bothered Jack in the slightest then maybe I'd believe this hatred but it comes off as kinda forced.

Flash Thompson is a good character, although he must be weak willed or somthing because without sedatives that symbiote manipulates him like nobody's buiness. Peter Parker and Eddie Brock didn't have nearly this many problems with it. Maybe he'd have an easier time if he fed it chocolate like Eddie Brock did. I guess Eddie was more clever than the team of funded government scientists.

When are they gonna drop this 'perminant bonding' bullshit, it never happened with Eddie and as we can see even Flash being bonded with it for days still strips it more often than his underwear. Let this concept die already, it doesn't pan out!

Spider-man never did follow that Spider tracer.

Why does every character use french expressions? I mean it would be better if maybe one character used a multiple french expressions, but everyone using one french expression? Not everyone uses french expressions, trust me I'm Canadian! :)

I just don't like crossovers so for me Spider Island kinda came outta nowheres and didn't quite conclude, but whatever.

Circle of four wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be but I gotta say Alejandra is the worst character ever and they should have given the spirit of Vengance back to Johnny. I mean could she be anymore unlikable? My only other complaint on that arc is minor and I would consider very nitpicky but the death of ghost rider and hulk were I little unbelieveable, those characters are much more durable but I can look past that.

So I guess I'm kinda hooked but I dunno, its written well for the most part but... some things just don't seem thought out or just rushed.

Flash has never had a say in the use of drugs or not. 
    So saying he has a weak will doesn't really make sense since the american government and the Avengers have dictated the use of drugs since the beginning of this run. 
    The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Madness

@Kallarkz: The Plutonian referance is lost on me but, the point is he's killing people NOW in comics is what is out of character! Especially when he doesn't have a symbiote. Now that he has Toxin him killing people in his way won't be outta character but killing Scott in cold blood was.

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Madness

@Kallarkz: That's not what I meant. His will was weak because when the drugs wear off he can't handle the symbiote aswell as anyone(peterparker/eddiebrock) else. But now that you mention it, pretty sure the government or Avengers didn't force alcohol upon him, but thats not the point. lol

InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By InfamousFish

It seems good, haven't read any of them. I am thinking about getting into them because they look promising.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Kallarkz
    @The_Madness said:

@Kallarkz: That's not what I meant. His will was weak because when the drugs wear off he can't handle the symbiote aswell as anyone(peterparker/eddiebrock) else. But now that you mention it, pretty sure the government or Avengers didn't force alcohol upon him, but thats not the point. lol

in which instance did we see him have less control when the drugs wore off though?
    The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Madness

@InfamousFish: Its a good read from what I've read so far definitly worth a check to see what you think.

@Kallarkz: I'll have to got back and check for more exact instances, but off the top of my head he completely loses it once he sees Spider-man. Venom hated Spider-man when he was Eddie Brock but if he wanted he could work along side him of even reason with him. Venom(Eddie) would have worked with Spider-man to save his love, not grow to the size of a mountain and visously attack Spider-man, desperatly ingesting every pill in the pharmacy hoping for some control, any control. Maybe I shouldn't have worded it like he was weak of will, it just seems he has a much harder time controlling it that Eddie, or Peter. But I guess Mac Gargan did too.(Haven't read much of Mac Gargan Venom so I can't say for sure)

EDIT:

Alright thumbed through the first 5 issues again and Flash almost never has control of this thing.

Issue 1: Loses control from page 16-21

Issue 2: Loses it on page 8

Issue 3: Pages 8-12(Here he willingly inujects himself to remain in control for a few pages) then again on 23 and remains outta control for the next 8 pages

Issue 4: First 12 or so pages

Issue 5: First issue that he keeps his shit togather and fights Human Fly, other than that he doesn't have the symbiote therefore cannot lose control.

The only problem I have with this is the symbiote itself seems to have lost its personality.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By TDK_1997

The book has been so far great but the last couple of issues were a little bit silly and not that good.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By graysonofgotham

I gave the first trade a shot to try and see if I would like Flash as much as I love Eddie I couldn't get into. @The_Madness for a cool anti-hero book you should for sure check out Red Hood and the Outlaws.

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Madness

@richardjohngrayson: Your the second person to mention that to me, I'm definatly gonna look into it.

BATMAN9797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By BATMAN9797

meh its decent the villians are a little weak and the whole gun thing is kinda weird

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.