Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2798 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Sabre-Venom

Sabre-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sabre-Venom

Wouldnt it be sweet if Sabretooth was clloned and came back to beat the stuffing outta this current venom (Mac Gargan,the Scorpion) and then the venom symbiote bonded with Sabretooth. I mean you see what it could do with Wolverine I wonder what it could do with him. And what do you think the crossover would look like or what kind of story line do you think that could make. PLZ RESPOND.
    Post Edited:2007-11-29 00:36:49

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos
    acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By acewasp23

Sabertooth is dead.

Symbiocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Symbiocide

No. Gimmicks like that are terrible. 1st, you have clones (your idea of cloning Sabretooth), and 2nd you have that clone join with the Venom symbiote. I don't see the appeal of this. Why do people always think "It would be cool if the Venom symbiote joined with Sabretooth/Hulk/Daredevil/Magneto/Thor/Dr. Doom/Tigra/Electro/Juggernaut/Squirrel Girl", I mean, you might as well just say the Venom symbiote should join with everyone! Its just a crazy gimmick! Venom is a set formula. Once Marvel finally gets Venom back on track, don't ruin that by having the symbiote leapfrog from one body to the next, keep what you have!

And what good would come from having Sabretooth kill Gargan and take the Venom symbiote? That still doesn't solve any problems! The reason people don't like New Venom is because people want Eddie Brock back as Venom. So you get rid of Gargan...so what? Brock still doesn't have the symbiote back! People will still complain! If Brock doesn't come back as Venom, just keep Gargan as Venom until then. Having your scenario come to pass is just silly, and people would complain that "Sabretooth is NOT Venom", just as they complain that "the Scorpion is NOT Venom"!

chiyonosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By chiyonosake

Symbiocide says:

"No. Gimmicks like that are terrible. 1st, you have clones (your idea of cloning Sabretooth), and 2nd you have that clone join with the Venom symbiote. I don't see the appeal of this. Why do people always think "It would be cool if the Venom symbiote joined with Sabretooth/Hulk/Daredevil/Magneto/Thor/Dr. Doom/Tigra/Electro/Juggernaut/Squirrel Girl", I mean, you might as well just say the Venom symbiote should join with everyone! Its just a crazy gimmick! Venom is a set formula. Once Marvel finally gets Venom back on track, don't ruin that by having the symbiote leapfrog from one body to the next, keep what you have!And what good would come from having Sabretooth kill Gargan and take the Venom symbiote? That still doesn't solve any problems! The reason people don't like New Venom is because people want Eddie Brock back as Venom. So you get rid of Gargan...so what? Brock still doesn't have the symbiote back! People will still complain! If Brock doesn't come back as Venom, just keep Gargan as Venom until then. Having your scenario come to pass is just silly, and people would complain that "Sabretooth is NOT Venom", just as they complain that "the Scorpion is NOT Venom"!"

well said my gimmick hating friend

BIG V.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BIG V.

THANK YOU!!!   Give Venom his own identity back

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Weak Sauce.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.