Remender takes over Secret Avengers; VENOM joins the team!

• 57 results
#1 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
‎"Nrama: And along with Venom and Uncanny X-Force, you've got the three main corners of the Marvel Universe covered; Spider-Man, X-Men and Avengers.
Remender: Yeah, it's going to be a fun year. I'm definitely planning on interconnecting the three titles, and having a lot of things hopping from one to the other, which is fun. I can create my own little covert universe."

Source: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/secret-avengers-rick-remender-111015.html

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Avengers Vs. X-force... make it happen! 

Venom in the avengers will be interesting to say the least!

#3 Posted by Joygirl (19955 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom looks like a beast... and, juxtaposed against that, Beast looks like a BAUS.

#4 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL. YES. Thank you, Remender, for making comics that are full of win. I swear, I love this man!

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (91887 posts) - - Show Bio

ME F*CKING GUSTA!

#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

ME F*CKING GUSTA!

Poor Gusta... DH has clearly hulked out over this news... be gentle.
#7 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

Secret Avengers Vs. X-force... make it happen! Venom in the avengers will be interesting to say the least!
#8 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
Dude.

This is going to make me pick up the series again. They've replaced Steve Rogers with Venom. Best decision they could have ever made.
#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13691 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by fesak (6982 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Britain and Jim Hammond?
Intredasting...

#11 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye?

#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye's there i'm sold

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35151 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Britain? yaaaaaassssssss 

#14 Posted by Joygirl (19955 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's the chick with the sword?

#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by MrUnknown (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

What issue cover is this?

#17 Posted by The_Tree (7984 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom and Beast on the same team? Sign me up!

#18 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm i wonder if this New team will add more misons to Venoms suit like remember he can only go on so many

#19 Posted by ARMIV2 (8853 posts) - - Show Bio

...What is the Beast wearing exactly?

#20 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm, team line-up looks interesting...

#21 Posted by SC (13403 posts) - - Show Bio

Am in it for Val, but the rest are like the best icing on the icing ever, Somehow Hawkeye gives me a Huntress vibe. Weird. Yey for Jimmy BTW too. Flame on. 

#22 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11724 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you Remender F***IN THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
Looks interesting. Might pick up this book again.
#24 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

Fur.

#25 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@ARMIV2 said:

Fur.

And guns. And other stuff.

#26 Edited by inferiorego (28313 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess who's dropping this title.

Staff
#27 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

Just curious, why are you?

#28 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg. I'd have to comment most of the comments here to reach the hype I just got.

Hammond. Venom. Hawkeye. OMG. Cap Britain. YES YES YES.

#29 Posted by inferiorego (28313 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@inferiorego said:

Just curious, why are you?

This book is going through creative teams like crazy. So far, Ellis is the only person who has done ok with it.

By issue 21, it will have gone through three major creative teams and two character line-ups.

This book hasn't had a chance to come into it's own, although I feel with Ellis is finally is starting to. Nothing against Remender, he's tops. I'm just pissed this book is being tossed around to great creative teams and dropped so quickly.

Staff
#30 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: I understand. I really tried to get into this book when it first came out, but I just couldn't for some reason. This will undoubtedly get me back into it though. I might check out the Ellis parts; worth it?

#31 Posted by inferiorego (28313 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@inferiorego: I understand. I really tried to get into this book when it first came out, but I just couldn't for some reason. This will undoubtedly get me back into it though. I might check out the Ellis parts; worth it?

If you like Planetary, you'll love the Ellis issues. His issues of the book are all one-shot stories, and the two that have come out have been a lot of fun so far.

As much as I hate to admit it, Venom (the current version) is a very good fit to the team.

Staff
#32 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

If you like Planetary, you'll love the Ellis issues. His issues of the book are all one-shot stories, and the two that have come out have been a lot of fun so far.

As much as I hate to admit it, Venom (the current version) is a very good fit to the team.

Sounds interesting. I'll see if my shop has them.

Totally. .... And just because I can't resist it any longer, I'll say it before anyone else:

VENOM: LETHAL AVENGER

#33 Posted by Billy Batson (58358 posts) - - Show Bio

Ellis is the man. One of the bests.
BB

#34 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye as leader is giving me the Ultimate Hawkeye vibe. Looks like im picking up this book again when remender takes over :D

#35 Posted by GiantsizeManThing (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Moon knight still on this team?

#36 Posted by ethanrjc (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Avengers caught me eye with it's 12.1 issue, especially with Moon Knight being in the book, but I was still reluctant to buy any of the issues afterwards... the book seemed interesting but a bit stale. But with Venom joining the team, and Remender crossing over Secret Avengers with not only Venom but Uncanny Xforce as well has got me hooked. I will be jumping on this ship as soon as Remenders taken control....

... I am still missing Moon Knight in that picture up above though, I really hope he stays as some sort of member.

#37 Posted by MatKrenz (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Finally this title will be getting a writer that will stick. He is doing a badass job on Venom and after reading the first UXF trade he really can do team dynamics and crazy threats to be handled secretly.

And the art looks gorgeous.

#38 Posted by RUSTMAN (183 posts) - - Show Bio

i was really looking forward to ellis being on the title a little longer, but i won't say no to remender and this line up.

whoa i completely missed that ant-man is on the team as well... guess he's not that hard to miss...

#39 Edited by War Killer (20293 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, I kinda saw this coming sooner or later, Flash's Venom just fit into everything Steve intended Secret Avengers to be...minus the Spidey rages he has :P

Aside from Captain Britain (which I feel is a bit random...) and the Human Torch (whether it's Jim or Toro, I'm still not happy they're alive now...) the team seems pretty much the same. As for Hawkeye, I'm not sure how I feel about him being on both Secret and the main Avengers team. Guess if Wolverine and Spider-Man can be on two Avengers teams it's okay, but still I feel like there are plenty of characters that could have filled that role...not to mention people seem to forget that Black Widow has lead the Avengers before and would have made an excellent leader to replace Steve.

Secret Avengers new Line-up
Why is Giant-Man on this team?!?! What is a man who can grow over 80ft tall going to add to a team that's supposed to be "secret"? Not to mention it makes Ant-Man pointless now...
#40 Posted by DarkChris (301 posts) - - Show Bio

The team looks super cool, the creative team consists of favorite creators. I'm sold on!

#41 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems Superhero teams just have anyone on them now. Is that the original Human Torch?

#42 Posted by mavfan626 (4117 posts) - - Show Bio

meh

#43 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio
@jaredbright said:

It seems Superhero teams just have anyone on them now. Is that the original Human Torch?

Nothing wrong with mixing it up.  Wouldn't you rather have heroes from other corners of the Marvel U than them putting no-namers on the team like they used to do.  ie, Silver Claw & Triathlon.
#44 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

When did Moon Knight leave the Secret Avengers? I'm a huge Venom fan, so I'm happy he's on, but didn't realize Moon Knight was off.

#45 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Britain being on the Secret Avengers makes no sense.

#46 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
Captain Britain being on the Secret Avengers makes no sense.
Now that you think about it, it really doesn't. Trying to get in the Brit's good books, perhaps? (In comic-verse, of course).
#47 Edited by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of don't get the concept of Avengers anymore, it's starting to become...'Who hasn't been an Avenger yet, oh..let's make them an Avenger." There is not logical explanation for any of it.  First everyone was pissed because they were spreading Wolverine and Spider-Man to thin. Then they take them off the Avengers and ad people like Storm,Quake,and Red Hulk? Years ago, Parker couldn't even get on the team because of his lack of maturity and training..yet somehow after everything that happened in Hulk....Ross is somehow qualified to be a member? I knew something was wrong with the way the Avengers were being structured when they thought it was OK to let Sentry be on the team despite the fact he was OBVIOUSLY unstable and seemingly killed Carnage the first time they met him. (Killing villains is OK with the Avengers now?).  

On top of all that you have Norman Osborn creating his own team of Avengers which make no sense now that he's not in charge. When he was the Director of Hammer and an American Hero..that made sense because he had more  at his disposal and the heroes were outcasts but now that there are 3 Avengers teams and he doesn't have Sentry to do ALL the work...WTF is the point now? 

Then you have the Secret Avengers whose job could have easily been given to The New Warriors (which Marvel disbanded for no good reason) or even the Heroes for Hire. The team never seemed to make much sense to me. If i'm running covert operations wouldn't it make more sense to have characters that are actually experienced in espionage and "secret missions" on the team. Black Widow makes sense being on that team and even Venom could work out and if you put Pym on the team now...yes he does grow very large but he can also be very small which is helpful..but if you have Pym, then why do you need Beast? Why couldn't Falcon be an active Secret Avenger? Why not Echo? Remember she was a New Avenger and then she just disappeared for no reason at all? Why is Valkyrie on the team? There are too many former Avengers that aren't getting that chance. There are too many mismatched teams. There are too many characters becoming Avengers when years go they would have been turned down. Pretty much anyone can be an Avenger now and it's making the team pointless.

#48 Posted by Cyanide (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Very well said.

#49 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Tired so not going to go to far into it, plus you provided more than enough material I agree with in the time I've known you here and better than I could conceive to, but needless to say I finally got to the comic store (which is right now is a 200+mile drive through the mountains) and picks up 2-3 months backwards of comics, sans the occasional one I got from a grocery store rack, and needless to say despite how much I love and want to stand by and follow those characters, I ultimately decided to drop all Avengers family books, as the past few years have felt like a ginormous middle finger to my face from Marvel with them, and everything that ran through Fear Itself in these series (for instance, how many shots of talking heads can we show you? there is no limit True Believer!) just failed in so many ways it concluded my need to invest in these series and I hammered the nails in the coffin, especially when I know I can spend my time reading good comics, or doing something enjoyable with my time, rather than something that stresses me and I only ended up using as a comparison to point out what makes other comic books better. Good riddance. And I LOVE Remender, but he has other offerings, and I just can't play the game anymore.

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cyanide said:

@Vance Astro: Very well said.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.