Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2794 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Probablility of Agent Venom returning in Marvel "relaunch?"

2scoops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 2scoops

What do you guys think? I really like the character Agent Venom, but don't have my hopes up for Flash Thompson and Venom reprising their roles when marvel relaunches in October. Any other characters that you guys are worried about not seeing?

Side note, how do you tag other ComicVine pages in your post? I wanted to link this to Flash Thompson, as well as Spidey and the Secret Avengers.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

Considering Cullen Bunn is taking over writing duties on Venom, I'd say his chances of being around are pretty high.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

I hope so. I love this Venom. If you want to tag things press the @ to call out people and # to link pages on CV

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Meh. I hope they return to the basics and bring back Brock's Venom.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Duke_Nasty

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Meh. I hope they return to the basics and bring back Brock's Venom.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By jsphsmth

@2scoops: Axel said in his CBR weekly column that the Marvel Now comics will be expanding their line. I am assuming that this means few comics will be getting cancelled. As somebody else mentioned, Cullen Bunn is co-writing the current arc with Rick Remender as a transition before he takes over solo writing duties with the next arc.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123
    No Caption Provided
    TheVenomSite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By TheVenomSite

Also from the CBR Forums:

No Caption Provided
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Strider1992

Venom getting canned wouldn't really be here nor there to me as i'm indifferent towards Flash Venom. I don't hate him but I don't like him either.

They need to bring back Brock as Anti-Venom. That series I would read!!!

Glad to see Scarlet Spider is still going to be running that series is awesome!

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By BritishMonkey

Unfortunately, Venom ends when Marvel Now! starts.

I spoke with my comic store today and they said it ends soon or around that time. But Venom is still in Secret Avengers and that's still carrying on with Remender, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens with Venom. Hopefully it doesn't end, even with Bunn writing, though i think Bunn would do him decent enough.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Whether or not Venom will have its/his own title in this reboot/reset/re-whatever is a different question.

Venom as a bestial monster worked well when he was a villain/supporting character in other people's books.

Remender has put together a pretty compelling way to make use of the idea of Venom that works really well in a solo book. Considering that he (Remender) is being moved to some of the top Marvel books, I think they'll probably let his Venom hang out for a while longer unless he has a new concept.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#12  Edited By Joygirl

How does one talk to one's comic store? More importantly, does it talk back? "Yeeeeeeessssssss, buy more DC titlllllllles, nobody knows what's happening with Maaaaarveeeeeeel... oohoohoowohoowohowoohoow...."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.