Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2798 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Off My Mind: Why Flash Thompson Should Be Venom

• 131 results
    ADAMocracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By ADAMocracy

Oh man I guess my theory on Alex Mason from CoD Black Ops was out of the question... lol jk! I mean I don't really mind Flash being the new Venom, but like someone else said, it adds to the original strength of the host, sooooo wouldn't venom also be handicapped?

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By mrtrickster

flash has been through enough over the years, after lost of lover and legs. it's time for him to get some power make up for the lost time. he's one of the most interesting characters around spider-man for decades.  but some writers treated him like crap.
    but the problem is despite flash picking on parker he's still a hero, a honorable war veteran. I can't see him being a real bad guy. 
    still him being venom not a bad choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

This is a worse idea then was Deadpool in Wolverine Origins movie, Marvel just made me hate them more and because of stupid stuff like this is why I get more and more DC

deadpool2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By deadpool2099

That would be better than scorpion. 
    scott2030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By scott2030

It could be interesting depending on how they portrayed Flash.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#106  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @ADAMocracy said:
    " Oh man I guess my theory on Alex Mason from CoD Black Ops was out of the question... lol jk! I mean I don't really mind Flash being the new Venom, but like someone else said, it adds to the original strength of the host, sooooo wouldn't venom also be handicapped? "
    The symbiote can fix amputated or unusable limbs.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#107  Edited By JonesDeini
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @JonesDeini said:
    " Already reading Haunt... "
    Too bad Venom was a government agent twice before Haunt. "
    Which Venom? Are you referring to Gargan's time on The Thunderbolts?
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Eyz

Actually his legs, on the full body shot of the new Venom, look sort of "fake", added. (design wise, with those big round blocky connections)

I'd like to have Flash as Venom personally^^

Dirty__1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By Dirty__1

It's been awhile since I've really cared about Venom. I missed wasn't reading Marvel in the time frame where Eddie lost the suit so when I picked up a Spiderman comic again and saw Gargan was the new host it just never took with me. Flash could be a really interesting choice here.. My one concern with him being a hero though is doesn't the suit corrupt the host? As I said it's been awhile since I really cared about Venom so I don't really remember.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @JonesDeini said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @JonesDeini said:
    " Already reading Haunt... "
    Too bad Venom was a government agent twice before Haunt. "
    Which Venom? Are you referring to Gargan's time on The Thunderbolts? "

Eddie and Mac.  

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#111  Edited By Hazlenaut

Someone who likes spidey wearing the venom suit is a good twist. He got over his hate on Parker during the unmasked series. His emotion would be scatter now that he found his hero lost his ideals.      
    I knew the guns are balance something.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By goldenkey

comics or not, this is crazy news.  Flash sure has been shit on in the last few years.  I haven't read Spidey in a while and didn't know Flash wasn't a veg anymore.  Just today I see him with no legs and now find out he's gonna be Venom.  So weird.
    gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By gerald2

*sigh*

Flash Thompson was always an asshole. Yes, he ended up becoming nicer as the years went on, but you were never supposed to root for him.

So you're giving an asshole the venom symbiote, Well that's just great. They have hundreds of villains to choose from, and they choose the guy with no legs from Peter's highschool. What are they THINKING?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @GERALD: They're thinking a good idea, dude. You been reading ASM recently? It makes perfect sense.
    gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By gerald2
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @GERALD: They're thinking a good idea, dude. You been reading ASM recently? It makes perfect sense. "
    So what? Flash thompson isn't going to bring anything new to the character. He's basically Eddie Brock, but more of a douche.

I really liked how they choose an already established villain to take the Venom suit, they just chose the wrong one (Gargan). But there's still plenty of rouges out their who could get their shine. What about Morbius? Or the Puma? It just seems like a waste to choose goddamn FLASH THOMPSON. 
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @GERALD said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @GERALD: They're thinking a good idea, dude. You been reading ASM recently? It makes perfect sense. "

So what? Flash thompson isn't going to bring anything new to the character. He's basically Eddie Brock, but more of a douche.

"
    Not really, no. How? He knows Peter (Eddie didn't beforehand, this only works if you count Ultimate). His life wasn't ruined (nor does he think it was ruined) by Peter. He has no legs, and will grow an addiction to the symbiote. How is Flash in this case like Eddie at all????
    cetecete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By cetecete

There is only one Venom. This is not Venom...is Black Deadpool :p

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#118  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

This sounds kinda cool but i cant help but think it sounds alot like Haunt.

TheGreatOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By TheGreatOne
    @Grubich said:
    "I think it should be way better than Mac, but I'm still a loyal Eddie Brock fan. "
    THis
    dussssstin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By dussssstin

Like it. 

I never really cared for Flash but you've given me a reason to get excited.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @cetecete said:
    " There is only one Venom. This is not Venom...is Black Deadpool :p "
    He has guns and a mask, therefore he absolutely must be a Deadpool ripoff?
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123: yeah, I know know I've NEVER heard of a black costumed gun totting anti hero with a white emblem on his chest. NEVER EVER!
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Abnormally Warm Guy:  To be fair, Frank would spit in the face of whoever offered him a government job. :p
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123: true. just saying.
    Diabolic AMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#125  Edited By Diabolic AMK

Honestly the old classic venom looks much better.....

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By GT-Man
     tat would be  SWEET COOL!!
    HAZE11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By HAZE11

I think he looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!! XD

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Diabolic AMK said:
    " Honestly the old classic venom looks much better..... "

No Caption Provided
    The old look can show up if the host chooses so.
    gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By gerald2

" @GERALD said:

" @InnerVenom123 said: 

Not really, no. How? He knows Peter (Eddie didn't beforehand, this only works if you count Ultimate). His life wasn't ruined (nor does he think it was ruined) by Peter. He has no legs, and will grow an addiction to the symbiote. How is Flash in this case like Eddie at all???? "   

Eddie did know Peter through the Bugle. Obviously they weren't childhood nemesis's but they still knew each other.

They're both anti-Peter. Yes, flash's personality has changed but let's face it: the guy was created with the sole purpose to act as a non threatening antagonist to Parker (along with being Spiderman's cheerleader). Eddie was the same way until he bonds with the symbiote (a non threatening antagonist, not a cheerleader lol).

And since everyone forgot who Spiderman is (including the symbiote), this cancels out any potential storyline for Flash to make the Peter/Spiderman connection, which would blow his mind and could be interesting.  The main difference between Eddie and Flash is Flash is skipping the "I hate you spidey!" (I mean the dude probably spanks it to pictures of spideman every night) and going straight to the hero bit. And frankly I don't think Venom's going to be able to hold his own series as the good guy, even if he does look different. 

I mean what do you REALLY want to see, Venom helping people or Venom making Spiderman cry like a little girl?

I'll reserve judgment for when I read the first issues but so far this decision is unimpressive..
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @GERALD said:

"  " @GERALD said:

" @InnerVenom123 said: 

Not really, no. How? He knows Peter (Eddie didn't beforehand, this only works if you count Ultimate). His life wasn't ruined (nor does he think it was ruined) by Peter. He has no legs, and will grow an addiction to the symbiote. How is Flash in this case like Eddie at all???? "   

Eddie did know Peter through the Bugle.  "
    No he didn't. That's the 90s cartoon Eddie you're thinking of. The 616 canon Eddie was a journalist working at the Daily Globe and had never met Peter.

@GERALD said:

" Yes, flash's personality has changed but let's face it: the guy was created with the sole purpose to act as a non threatening antagonist to Parker (along with being Spiderman's cheerleader). Eddie was the same way until he bonds with the symbiote (a non threatening antagonist, not a cheerleader lol).  "

Lemme just rephrase what I posted above to make this clearer; Eddie didn't even enter the Marvel U until Amazing Spider-man 300. He just kinda... showed up.

@GERALD said:

" And since everyone forgot who Spiderman is (including the symbiote), this cancels out any potential storyline for Flash to make the Peter/Spiderman connection, which would blow his mind and could be interesting. 

It's not been confirmed that the symbiote forgot. Kaine didn't forget (him being a clone), therefore it's a possibility that the symbiote remembered (being attached to Peter's body for weeks) and just didn't tell Mac. (This also explains that scene in "New Ways To Die" where Mac tries to find Spider-man, but ends up finding Eddie... as if the symbiote led him there on purpose).  

So it could be revealed in Venom's own book that it's known, and it could tell him. We'll have to see.

@GERALD said:
    "  The main difference between Eddie and Flash is Flash is skipping the "I hate you spidey!" (I mean the dude probably spanks it to pictures of spideman every night) and going straight to the hero bit. And frankly I don't think Venom's going to be able to hold his own series as the good guy, even if he does look different.   I mean what do you REALLY want to see, Venom helping people or Venom making Spiderman cry like a little girl?  I'll reserve judgment for when I read the first issues but so far this decision is unimpressive.. "
    There's a difference between the hero Eddie tried to be and the black ops agent Flash will be. Eddie was a makeshift Anti-hero who would protect homeless populations living under San Francisco; Flash is going to be airdropped into hostile territory by the government to f--k up terror organizations and go on secret missions, ETC.

Venom used for stealth by a badass government agent does not sound like a bad idea; considering the choice of character, it sounds like a really interesting read.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c467f056031b
    deactivated-5c467f056031b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eddie Brock is the only true Venom! Piss off with these pathetic weak hosts undeserving of Venom!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.