Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2798 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Off My Mind: Who Will Become The New Venom?

• 147 results
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @JonesDeini: 
    I followed basically what OMIT was about through Comic Vine. It felt like Joe Quesada was just rubbing it in our faces again to laugh at everyone who hated OMD/BND

There are better comics out there worth supporting.

@onlywonderboy:
    That's fine for you being the new readers. For the long time reader. Quesada didn't think that new readers could relate to a married super hero. So, rather than a divorce (which sadly a lot of people can relate to), he created this ridiculously convoluted story where Peter Parker makes a deal with the devil to change the past. For whatever reason Mephisto wanted Peter's marriage in return. All because Aunt May was dying from a gun shot. Uncle Ben always taught him to be the one who takes responsibility for his actions. It was the heart of who Spider-man is suppose to be. Now, he's a person who makes deals with the devil when it suits him.

Peter was even shown that if he stayed married and let Aunt May go that there would be a daughter in his life. He still chose to change time. He picked his elderly aunt over the new life of his own daughter. He abandoned his own child. Can you believe that Ben, May, or his parents would ever want that?

So, all the events of the marriage were just erased from canon. As if they never existed. It was one giant middle finger to the readers who had been supporting the book for decades. Telling us that all the events that were were reading and enjoyed were as good as fan fiction.

It just got even messier when they tried to explain why no one remembered who Spider-man really was. That effected many other characters. Black Cat had really grown through the years in the comics. Before she only wanted Spidey and didn't care about Peter. Though, in time she grew and learned to love Peter. Now, she no longer remembers any of that character growth. It put her right back to her petty past ways.

@sora_thekey said:

" @FoxxFireArt said:

" Those of you that are not reading Amazing Spider-Man lately (shame on you) might be wondering what happened to the past Venoms. Why is there a need for a new one? "

I don't feel the slightest bit of shame. I will never buy it. I don't like what he did to the story. So, I wont buy it, and I don't trust him with the series under his watch as editor. You can hardly argue that an editor doesn't have editorial control. "
    You should try Dan Slott's run... These past two issues have been the best Spider-Man story I've read in a really looong time!  

@G-Man: If Vin Gonzales is the new Venom, then this could be a good excuse to bring back Michelle as part of the supporting cast! (Sorry, I just like her... a bit) "
    It would take Mephisto to get me to read Spider-man as long as Quesada is attached to it. He is the editor. He still has control over the story.

I'm not with all these crazy ass people who want to hurt the man. He changed a comic book. He didn't kill anyone. I wish him no physical harm at all, but I won't support what he did to the series. Buying the comic is giving approval to what he did.
    GentlemanDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By GentlemanDeath

My guess is Flash Thompson. Why reintroduce him into ASM unless they were going to do something with him. Besides that it fits with the whole idea of the new Venom being a hero. And I understand that Flash cant walk and whatnot but what if the symbiot enables him to?

ogrebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ogrebear

Giving it to John Jamerson would be interesting just to see how it interacts with whatever is left of Manwolf/Stargod in him.... 

Gving it to Harry would be in intersting choice.

My bet? It's Flash Thompson.

Hadez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Hadez

I sure hope it's not me that would suck.....but there'd be allot of fun times

lastdrag0n89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By lastdrag0n89
    @G-Man: 
    Hey Tony, when is the next carnage coming out?
    OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By OldManDuncan

That Dr. octopus costume still looks funny.

Avatar image for halfpastwhenever
    halfpastwhenever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By halfpastwhenever

I think it's time to get over OMD.  I'm a long time reader, MJ will be the quintessential girlfriend/wife in Peter's life for me.  But honestly i'm not wasting anymore of my time giving out about it.   Believe me I did a lot of giving out and I avoided OMIT like the plague! But I'm leaving that all behind me.  I can understand people who can't get past it I guess, and not buying anymore is their choice but just leave it at that.   It is the most meaningful way of showing your disappointment.  Constantly complaining isn't solving anything 

SHED was one of my favorite arcs in a long time - the new direction taken with Rhino impressed me aswell.  So there is still great stuff in spiderman IMO - Big Time so far has been interesting (although I do find the art a little jarring).  Harry taking Vin to task was a stand out for me - I do hope he features a lot more. 

On the whole New Venom thing I'm not all that interested... I can see it being a new character.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58  Edited By InnerVenom123

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

"Wow. I was feeling really bad about having dropped Amazing Spidey lately. And in one sentence, you made me greatful.  Spider-Man is being shown up by Venom in the hero department.   Thank you, Marvel. I now buy nothing from you, and it was one of the easiest decisions of my comic reading life. "

Eddie always thought he was a better hero than Spider-man while wearing the suit, ironically enough. 

"In his own twisted way, Spider-man does protect the innocent." ~From "Lethal Protector" 

@joshmightbe said:

"Hell throw that suit on rhino "

That actually fits. Aleski hates Spider-man more than ever at the moment.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Wow. I was feeling really bad about having dropped Amazing Spidey lately. And in one sentence, you made me greatful.

Spider-Man is being shown up by Venom in the hero department. 

Thank you, Marvel. I now buy nothing from you, and it was one of the easiest decisions of my comic reading life.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @FoxxFireArt:
    He had no idea that the girl was his daughter until it was too late.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @GentlemanDeath said:

"My guess is Flash Thompson. Why reintroduce him into ASM unless they were going to do something with him. Besides that it fits with the whole idea of the new Venom being a hero. And I understand that Flash cant walk and whatnot but what if the symbiot enables him to? "

This is exactly what I would hate to see.... but maybe I'd grow to enjoy it. Doesn't seem like a good idea, for now.

(Also, the "cripple who can walk thanks to bonding to a symbiote" has been done before...)
    jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jayskee

I hope it's a new guy and a hero
    Avatar image for marvelunivers_deleteme
    marvelunivers_deleteme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for marvelunivers_deleteme
    marvelunivers_deleteme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh come on people it looks just like the pattern design of anti venom

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By carnivalofsins00
    @leokearon:  i know right.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @marvelunivers said:
    "oh come on people it looks just like the pattern design of anti venom "

They've always had the same pattern. Read "New Ways To Die".
    Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#67  Edited By Dr. Detfink

Venom is the Kevin Nash of the Marvel Universe. 

When Big Sexy Kevin Nash first came on the scene he was awesome to behold...then the gimmick was exaggerated as Nash got older. By the time, Nash appears on TNA, he is a shadow of himself even though he's still a monster to behold.

The same applies to Venom. Just the expressionless smile was creepy enough. Then they added a stupid silly tongue, teeth, and turned him into a pseudo-hero. Then as if they couldn't get even more silly, he had a new host and they exaggerated his size. 

Marvel was so unwilling to part with ANY component to Venom that they made Brock into Anti-Venom. 

It's just silly to the point where I can't imagine any one cares anymore. 

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By goldenkey

Im not a huge fan of Venom anymore.  He's more of a monster now, and I blame Eric Larson for this.  He took venom and gave him that HUGE mouth, and silly tongue.  I liked Venom when he was just big black Spider-man instead of monster who eats people.  An anit-spider-man was cool as hell.  Spider-man with a sharpened Joker grin.  McFarlane style.  He is not that anymore and that's what they should make him.  Scary Venom is stupid. 
    batmanbeyond8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By batmanbeyond8

In my opinion Eddie Brock - Peter Parker are the only two who are "worthy" of the suit nuff said

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @goldenkey said:
    "Im not a huge fan of Venom anymore.  He's more of a monster now, and I blame Eric Larson for this.  He took venom and gave him that HUGE mouth, and silly tongue.  I liked Venom when he was just big black Spider-man instead of monster who eats people.  An anit-spider-man was cool as hell.  Spider-man with a sharpened Joker grin.  McFarlane style.  He is not that anymore and that's what they should make him.  Scary Venom is stupid.  "

You make it sound like Venom ate people with Eddie, which is wrong. Gargan is the first to eat human flesh. Eddie only ate a brain once, and it was only becuase the symbiote needed a chemical inside, and Eddie puked it in a dumpster.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Dr. Detfink said:
    "Venom is the Kevin Nash of the Marvel Universe.   When Big Sexy Kevin Nash first came on the scene he was awesome to behold...then the gimmick was exaggerated as Nash got older. By the time, Nash appears on TNA, he is a shadow of himself even though he's still a monster to behold.  The same applies to Venom. Just the expressionless smile was creepy enough. Then they added a stupid silly tongue, teeth, and turned him into a pseudo-hero. Then as if they couldn't get even more silly, he had a new host and they exaggerated his size.   Marvel was so unwilling to part with ANY component to Venom that they made Brock into Anti-Venom.   It's just silly to the point where I can't imagine any one cares anymore.  "

Plenty of people care.  

It made the front page, didn't it?
    WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#72  Edited By WWAJfan

this s going to be real cool, cant wait!!!
    Avatar image for comicbikerscott
    comicbikerscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By comicbikerscott

new carter
    hitechlolife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By hitechlolife

It has to be Matt Murdoch as only a blind man would go with such a horrible redesign.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheHT

Hm, I wanna see a Venom that looks like a mix between Brock Venom and Symbiote Spidey that still totally hates Spider-Man but has no interest in any super-villain schemes.

And when the reveal who he is, it's just a random civie that the symbiote found that really thought Spidey was a twat who should have his face rearranged.

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@FireFlare153 said:
    " A new Venom host? A new face would be nice, but I think vin will get it. "
    yeah that would make sense.  my guess is that eddie will stay as anti-venom, vin will be venom, and mac will get a carnage suit or something similar.  
    i personally liked things the way they were.  i liked having venom lose the most dark side and become the more heroic--but still aggressive--anti-venom.  i also liked how venom totally went over to the  dark side--it made everything more clear and make sense.  However, i get that since bendis decided to use mac-venom as the Dark Avenger's resident moron this choice is unpopular.  
    I still think, judging from recent story arcs, that Marvel will try to keep anti-venom for a while and  try to have him increase in popularity.  also, since they obviously want to have a completely homicidal symbiote and mac is effective in terms of power they will have him take a role as a new carnage-like creature.  however, they will want to have venom take a more heroic turn--like he was in the 90s--so im guessing we'll see some conflicted, spider-hating but still vaguely heroic character take the role.  who fits that description best: vin gonzalez.  
    sure, its a stretch that the new venom would be peter's roommate, but this CAN all be explained by the fact that vin and lilly and all the people spider-man knows who become supers got their powers through the osborns.  there is really only one improbability to be accepted--harry (who happened to be a Green Goblin) and peter (who happened to be spider-man) being friends.   however JMS offered a possibly explanation in that peter met the osborn's because of his talents being similar to that of norman, and peter turned into spider-man because some higher power recognized these gifts.  
    anyway, thats just my thoughts.  i will make bets on it though.  
    oh, and one more thing: BENDIS THIS IS YOUR FAULT  YOU ARE A GOOD AUTHOR BUT WHAT YOU DID TO VENOM WAS TERRIBLE  EVERYTHING WAS GREAT WITH EDDIE AS ANTIVENOM MAC AS VENOM AND CARNAGE AS SOMEONE ELSE BUT YOU WENT AND RUINED THAT BY KILLING CARNAGE AND MAKING MAC-VENOM A LITERAL DROOLING IDIOT.    
    CaptainCook43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By CaptainCook43

I hope they don't go the hero way. I think its kinda stupid that they do. When Peter Parker had the suit it turned him into a d-bag, if they make a pure hero venom it makes him look week. Venom should never be a good guy, he should be fully be focused on his enemies and not have time to think about helping people. As far as who it should be its no big deal to me, I'd like it to be Brock but it won't be, they can just make it a random person.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#78  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Sparky_Buzzsaw:  
    I'm rooting for her to become a leader of an X-Men team, have a solo title, lead her avengers squad , Marry Namor and be revealed as an Impress of a extraterrestrial Squirrel-people empire that has the fire power to waste Celestials with the ease with one blinks with :D 

Squirrel Girl FOREVER!!! 
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#79  Edited By JonesDeini
    @marvelunivers:  
    Which I also dislike lol
    super papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By super papercut

Focused on Carnage. Don't care about the Venom symbiote right now. 

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By niamahai

you gotta admit, Grim Hunt story arc was great way to kill of the 90s clone.
    and whatever happened to Ben Reily?

sinsearx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By sinsearx

what about Harry.  he could get it to protect his kid.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Bruce Vain

If it's not Eddie Brock than I don't care.
    OnlyWonderBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By OnlyWonderBoy
    @FoxxFireArt said:   

@onlywonderboy:

That's fine for you being the new readers. For the long time reader. Quesada didn't think that new readers could relate to a married super hero. So, rather than a divorce (which sadly a lot of people can relate to), he created this ridiculously convoluted story where Peter Parker makes a deal with the devil to change the past. For whatever reason Mephisto wanted Peter's marriage in return. All because Aunt May was dying from a gun shot. Uncle Ben always taught him to be the one who takes responsibility for his actions. It was the heart of who Spider-man is suppose to be. Now, he's a person who makes deals with the devil when it suits him.

Peter was even shown that if he stayed married and let Aunt May go that there would be a daughter in his life. He still chose to change time. He picked his elderly aunt over the new life of his own daughter. He abandoned his own child. Can you believe that Ben, May, or his parents would ever want that?

So, all the events of the marriage were just erased from canon. As if they never existed. It was one giant middle finger to the readers who had been supporting the book for decades. Telling us that all the events that were were reading and enjoyed were as good as fan fiction.

It just got even messier when they tried to explain why no one remembered who Spider-man really was. That effected many other characters. Black Cat had really grown through the years in the comics. Before she only wanted Spidey and didn't care about Peter. Though, in time she grew and learned to love Peter. Now, she no longer remembers any of that character growth. It put her right back to her petty past ways."

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I may be new to reading Spider-Man but I caught up on the whole OMD/BND backlash. The only thing that I take issue with is the claim that the events of the marriage were erased from canon. If I remember correctly, instead of being married they just dated for that period of time. For example,  Kraven's Last Hunt still happened, but in canon they were just dating instead of being married. 

I do agree that it was silly to go through all of this mostly just to save Aunt May. She's lived a long life and at this point I think it's just time for Peter to let go of her.
    Avatar image for emerald_dragonfly_deleteme
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"  Those of you that are not reading Amazing Spider-Man lately (shame on you)" 
    Oh really? This is a full disgrace, not a true Spider-Man stories.

nflfan997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By nflfan997

I say Vin. It would give the writers a reason to bring Toxin back since Toxin's host was a honest cop. But on the other hand it would drive MAYOR Jameson up the wall to know his son was the black suit spider-man or hulking Venom like Brock, Fortunado, and Gargan were. I personally like the slim spidey look. But overall I say give Venom to Vin and bring back Carnage for John.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @CaptainCook43 said:
    " I hope they don't go the hero way. I think its kinda stupid that they do. When Peter Parker had the suit it turned him into a d-bag, if they make a pure hero venom it makes him look week. Venom should never be a good guy, he should be fully be focused on his enemies and not have time to think about helping people. As far as who it should be its no big deal to me, I'd like it to be Brock but it won't be, they can just make it a random person. "
    Not in the original comics, it didn't. It just made him tired after draining his energy.

And not that kind of "ARGH I'M SO GRUMPY" tired, the "Yawn, I'm so tired" tired.
    MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#88  Edited By MrMazz

I have a feeling its going to be Harry

firewrkninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By firewrkninja

it would be interesting if it was a girl

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Chris2KLee

Someone completely new would be nice.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @firewrkninja said:
    " it would be interesting if it was a girl "
    Yup. Look at that picture. What a feminine figure.
    firewrkninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By firewrkninja
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @firewrkninja said:
    Yup. Look at that picture. What a feminine figure. "
    maybe it will be some sort of burly lumberjack lady
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @firewrkninja said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @firewrkninja said:
    Yup. Look at that picture. What a feminine figure. "
    maybe it will be some sort of burly lumberjack lady "
    Wolverine already bonded to a clone of the symbiote once before.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmm....creep.
    kingofhearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By kingofhearts

A newbie sounds good. 
    Maybe a random person who gets injured and looses their family to a spiderman/ super villain smack down. Cries vengeance to all villains and becomes the new Venom anti-hero. I always liked venom...the anti-hero. Hell make it a Woman.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#96  Edited By Meteorite

If it's John Jameson then that's a bit lame considering that he's been possessed by the Carnage symbiote in the past. I'd rather see a new character wearing the suit.

hitechlolife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By hitechlolife

Going to have to say no thanks to the call for a she-venom:

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Eyz

The teaser strangely gives me a M. Negative-feel.

But Eddie back to the black suit wouldn't surprise me.

PublicD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By PublicD

I would like to see a female venom this time, maybe someone we have'nt seen i while like delilah or maybe some other teammember of the thunderbolts like moonstone. 
    Or why not use this opportunity to go a bit wild and let venom combine with Black Tarantula or Morlun.
    Avatar image for thecheckeredman
    thecheckeredman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By thecheckeredman
    @Sheep-Kill said:
    " Somebody new.  But I would like to see one of Spidey's D-List bad guys use it. "
    Like Grizzley, Will-o-whisp, etc.?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.