Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2794 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

How much has Venom been nerfed?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

First off I don't read the current Venom series as i'm not really a fan so i've probably missed something but I happened to pick up a few issues and cross-overs and I noticed that Venom doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level ability he was at. So what exactly is Venom's current powerset and level? He doesn't look to be a 25tonner anymore.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JonSmith

The Venom symbiote has effectively been lobotomized. It lacks it's previous level of sentience. Such was done to lower the risk of it bonding with it's host, who is currently Flash Thompson, double amputee and veteran. Currently, it has all the powers of Spider-Man, looks like it still has some super strength on a higher level than Spidey, and can now create firearms from the suit. However, when Flash becomes panicked, the suit slightly bonds and they both go berserk, becoming a bit crazier than I ever recall seeing Gargan, with two mouths on either side of his neck. Which he makes use of. On people. That said, even lobotomized as it is, with Flash's skillset and arsenal, Flash is, at least in my opinion, a far more effective Venom than his predecessors. With it, he was able to slap Carnage around with ease. Well, to be more accurate, Cletus. He disabled the Carnage symbiote with sonic shrapnel ammunition.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Strider1992

@JonSmith: So at the moment he's essentially just like Spider-man except more durable and slightly stronger (15tonner to Spider-mans 11tons?) apart from when he "vulks out" making him more like the old Venom? He laso seems to be more susceptible to stabbing attacks from what i've seen as well. Has his healing factor been nerfed too?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

@Strider92 said:

@JonSmith: So at the moment he's essentially just like Spider-man except more durable and slightly stronger (15tonner to Spider-mans 11tons?) apart from when he "vulks out" making him more like the old Venom? He laso seems to be more susceptible to stabbing attacks from what i've seen as well. Has his healing factor been nerfed too?

Most likely. Again, the symbiotes lobotomized, can't stress that enough. So it is definitely possible that it's durability and healing factor are gone. Both of those traits could be attributed to it's bond with a host. Given that it doesn't really have that here, those traits weakened if not gone make sense.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92: From what I've seen, he's far weaker than Gargan was with the symbiote.

Avatar image for venomsapprentice
    venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By venomsapprentice

@Strider92 said:

First off I don't read the current Venom series as i'm not really a fan so i've probably missed something but I happened to pick up a few issues and cross-overs and I noticed that Venom doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level ability he was at. So what exactly is Venom's current powerset and level? He doesn't look to be a 25tonner anymore.

I'd say he's still a 25-40 tonner when Vulked out. He was trading blows with Anti-Venom, who was kicking gargans butt.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.