Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2798 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Harry Osborn is Venom

Avatar image for optimusprime_700
    OptimusPrime_700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By OptimusPrime_700

On the next episode of Ultimate Spider-Man which is the show that a lot of you don't like, Harry Osborn will be Venom.I know most of you including myself would have liked it better if they had introduced Eddie Brock. and make him Venom instead. Well sadly I think they are not going to introduced Eddie Brock, because of The Venom Movie that is being made, there is no room for him in the show, or is Marvel trying to take a new direction on Venom seeing how we already saw Eddie Brock as Venom in Spectacular Spider-Man and The 90's cartoon. These are the possible reasons why they are not going to introduce Eddie Brock. This means that they had replaced Eddie Brock with Harry Osborn seeing how Harry Osborn became Peter Parker's childhood friend instead of it being Eddie Brock who should have gotten that role such like he did in the Ultimate Universe before becoming Venom. Although this shouldn't be a surprise seeing how at the beginning of the episode"Venom" Harry Osborn felt left out by Peter Parker, because of his new friends. He does apologized to Peter Parker for being a jerk and not trusting him anyone more at the end of the episode though and has became Peter Parker's friend again, but imagine what his reaction will be when he finds out that Peter Parker and his friends are super heroes and they work for S.H.I.E.L.D. and they never told him. If I was Spider-Man I would leave New York City and never show my face again lol. What do you think about Harry Osborn being Venom? Do you like this idea or do you think they should have introduced Eddie Brock some how and made him Venom instead?

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By noj

The Venom episode was just plain horrible. Its what convinced me to drop the series. They absolutely BUTCHERED Venom and his origin story. Its just shameful.

Replicant0658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Replicant0658

Ok, first off, I can't stress enough how much I dislike Ultimate Spiderman, sure it has a good premise but ultimately fails to deliver on ALL counts and makes me wonder why they even cancelled Spectacular Spiderman in the first place if they were just gunna replace it with this crap? That being said, onto the topic at hand: Venom. The idea of Harry Osborn as Venom just seems rediculous to me, not because I'm married to the Eddie Brock version (although that IS my favorite incarnation) but simply because it just doesn't make sense to me. Harry Osborn has always been a part of the goblin legacy in my eyes, its just where he belongs. If he was going to become a Spidey villain it would have to be the green goblin, hobgoblin, or even a brand new goblin, but at the end of the day a goblin nonetheless because that is just what makes logical sense to the character. By mixing it up, it throws everything out of whack, I mean that'd be the equivalent of Vulture becoming the new Scorpion, you just don't do it. The other reason I have such a problem with this is because there's just no logic in Harry becoming Venom. With Eddie Brock (especially in Spectacular Spiderman, which handled the character arc rather, well, spectacularly) Venom was so much more than just a monster; he was the personification of vengeance. The symbiote gave Eddie a chance to fight back against Peter Parker, to lash out against a friend who had "betrayed" him on numerous occasions despite being given several chances to redeem himself. Even if Eddie HADN'T been established as Venom in the comics, this still would have made sense, it was just the next logical step in the character's evolution. Harry Osborn on the other hand, not so much. The only "crime" Peter has committed to garner Harry's anger was making new friends which seems rather childish of Harry in retrospect and even then, this little fued was patched up at the end of the episode. I'd understand it if they kept Osborn's hatred running for a few episodes but they frickin kissed and made up in a matter of seconds! As far as we're all concerned, there's no reason for Harry to still be mad at Pete, hell the Taskmaster episode saw all 7 of them (Pete's gang, MJ and Harry) hanging out like nothing was wrong. To have Harry turn into Venom just seems random and in the end makes me dread what surprises could possibly be coming next from this series...

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
    @noj said:

The Venom episode was just plain horrible. Its what convinced me to drop the series. They absolutely BUTCHERED Venom and his origin story. Its just shameful.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KRYPTON

I'm still watching the show, no matter what!!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Billy Batson

Nice spoiler in the title.
    Problem, venom fans?
    BB

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By X35

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

And they're cancelling EMH for more of this crap.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj said:

THANK YOU!!!!!! Finally, someone agrees with me.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GrandSymbiote94: You watched the Venom episode, too?

TheVenomSite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By TheVenomSite

Why not just use Flash as the host? Flash was in the same episode the symbiote debuted, hell he even bonded with him briefly. I don't think this cartoon will last too long...

Avatar image for optimusprime_700
    OptimusPrime_700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OptimusPrime_700

I agree with all of you.This show sucks, but the Hulk episode was awsome. Any ways I don't like the fact that Harry Osborn is going to be Venom. He should become Green Goblin Jr. instead. After all he needs to be part of the goblin legacy. Then again who else could possible be Venom. It can't be Flash Thompson, because it is way too early for him to be Venom right now. They need to at least introduce Carnage if not Anti-Venom and all of the other symbiotes before Flash Thomson can become Venom. The only reason why the symbiote bonded to Flash is because of two reasons , the first reason is because it is a hint that Flash will eventually be Venom such not right now and the second reason is because Flash Thomson was closer plus it knew Peter Parker wouldn't give up his body without a fight.Venom has to be one of Peter Parker's friends. Seeing how Harry Osborn is Peter Parker's childhood friend besides Mary Jane Watson, he is the only person who can be Venom right now unless you want Venom to be Mary Jane Watson. Besides Harry Osborn has what is left of the symbiote in a bottle. Only he will know where it is at as soon as he hides it. I think Peter Parker will find out about it and it will bond to him for a little while before bonding to Harry, because after I had watched Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes lat Sunday, I saw a glimpse of Spider-Man bonded to the Venom symbiote and he looks more like what he is suppose to look like when he is bonded to it instead of looking like Venom.I wish that this show would be cancelled instead of AEMH, because of the fact that AEMH is really famous and we could possibly see Thanos in season three with the infinity gems and infinity gauntlet if they don't cancel it. I sure all of you would love to see Thanos on the show.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

#12  Edited By X35

@TheVenomSite said:

Why not just use Flash as the host? Flash was in the same episode the symbiote debuted, hell he even bonded with him briefly. I don't think this cartoon will last too long...

That's what's annoying... this cartoon simply doesn't have a shelf life. A lot of people aren't enjoying it whereas you compare it to Avengers which clearly has much bigger and more devoted fanbase... And Marvel want to replace Avengers for another cartoon like this?

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Master_Thief

Im a huge fan of spidey but even before the show aired and i heard that Venom wasn't well Venom at all i new this show wasn't ganna last for two seasons

SpideyFan4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpideyFan4EVER

Cmon guys if you where real fans of spidey you would like this show and all the others ..... personally i like all the spiderman series and also the fact that true is that venom shouldnt be harry osborn , as some of you said he should be Goblin Jr. or a new Goblin but anyway dont hate the show i thinks is awesome and spidey is jokes . About The Spectacular Spiderman ...... they canceled it not for The Ultimate Spiderman but they did because there were haters complaining about it and stuff like you guys do about TUS and if they cancel this series think how many people will be dissapointed just because a few hated it ..... i hope they dont cancel it (SPOILER FOR WHO DOESNT KNOW ) and they wont go like the Ultimate Spiderman Comics with the traggic ending when spidey dies to save cap america ....... so cmon , all i see is people saying how crap the show is and other bad thinks .... i said before that i disagree the fact venom is harry but did you think theyre trying to make a change in the show ? try something new ? in all series the same .....still good but who knows they mite be bringing some new stuff that we will like or even introduce Eddie Brock later on .... And theres no way they will put Anti-Venom because hes from future from what ive seen but i dont know about Carnage he probably will join if haters dont stop complaining about everything MARVEL does ....... In the Ultimate comics now there will be a new Spiderman ..... Thats what sucks .. Im used to see the normal Spiderman or any of his costumes as Peter Parker not as some other black spiderman with a invisible upgrade costume and other new powers .... IM NOT BEING RACIST but its just wrong that the spider we know in that universe will be no longer and some other dude takes his place ... Its like you see a NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA or a new IRON MAN ..... thats messed up ..... Thats all i had to say ....... :)

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By fodigg

Doesn't bother me, I already don't watch that show because I don't find the way they do the 4th wall humor funny.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Video_Martian

I'll bet you that USM will last only two seasons...

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@noj said:

Just what I was going to say!

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I actually haven;t watched Ultimate Spider-Man yet. They seem to get a ton of their crap wrong, and the overrall response from comic-vine has been less then positive. And as much as I love Eddie Brock/Venom...Harry Osborne could pull it off. Of course, I think they should introduce Brock later, but I still think that Osborne has enough rage and hunger for revenge inside him to make a good host.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just found out how he got the symbiote. Oh yeah, and Carnage was invented by Green Goblin.

Yet another reason for me to hate the overrated Dini.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All true Spidey fans sing with me on 1...2...a 1, 2, 3....

SPEC-TAC-ULAR SPEC-TAC-ULAR SPIDER-MAN

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Amen brother! That show did every one of it's characters perfectly, including Venom (Though I would have preferred to see the Black Cat/Spidey conflict resolved in the last episode...Shame)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Amen brother! That show did every one of it's characters perfectly, including Venom (Though I would have preferred to see the Black Cat/Spidey conflict resolved in the last episode...Shame)

Indeed, I remember watching it and going, damn, this entire show really feels like the classic Lee-Ditko run with a modern twist. Damn shame that three of Marvel's greatest cartoons got canned.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PaperDemon

the show is shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.