Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2794 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Flash should be VENOM'S main host, but others can still borrow it

ethanrjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ethanrjc

Obviously, according to future Venom headlines, Flash Gordon is here to stay for a nice lengthy run with the symbiote. He will be featured in many stories coming up, being involved with way more than just Spiderman, but with the Secret Avengers, as well as X-23, Red Hulk, and (SHE-) Ghost Rider on a temporary team up.

But, we all know how long hosts last for Venom... I mean, I still think of Eddie Brock as the original Venom, but we all known how often that symbiote gets passed around. I think it's inevitable that the symbiote continue to infect numerous characters and never fully settle on one person.

I, personally, would like to see a story arc or something of the new Scarlet Spider, Kaine taking up the symbiote as a "Scarlet Venom" for a little while... but my point here is that even though I 100% hope we get to see Kaine as Venom one day, and how much I'd love to see Eddie Brock get the symbiote back for some more original Venom stories, I really think Flash Gordon as Venom is a huge development to Venom, and Venom can now become known for something more than being that wicked black symbiote with a ridiculously long, slimy tongue, that talks about himself as if he is multiple people at once.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash Gordon?

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Superguy0009e

i think that would be cool,he doesnt have many missions left, but he will be on the avengers soon, so that will be kinda cool

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

@_slim_ said:

Flash Gordon?

Haha, I didn't even notice that. Looks like Venom is headed back into space.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Rainja

I think flash as Venom is Ok, I liked Mac a lil more as he was savage, but unfortunately 8/10 times he was written badly and got his ass kicked alot. Kaine as Venom is a surprisingly awesome idea. This should seriously be done in the years to come.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

LMFAO. Flash Gordon.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

It's not Paris Hilton, you don't pass it around at keg-parties.  

One host is enough. 

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By HolySerpent

^ lol. I hate the new look of venow

ethanrjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ethanrjc

lmao whoops FLASH THOMPSON, won't even edit that one for the comedy of it. haha oh man..

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    It's not Paris Hilton, you don't pass it around at keg-parties.   One host is enough. 
    THIS.
    aaunderoath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By aaunderoath

at nycc dan slott mentioned that theres gonna be a whole bunch of symbiote stuff happening in 2012 so hopefully we see some cool things happening with flash and carnage .. hell even toxin and scorn would be cool to see involved too

also as a side note i hope remender has flash do some new things with the venom symbiote. like make it so that he can do more with the symbiote since he's not a maniac.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Flash Gordon lol

I agree, Kaine with the Symbiote would be awesome. I'd also love to see a Marvel/DC crossover with a DC character getting the symbiote for a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.