Eddie Brock VS Mac Gargan

• 64 results
#1 Posted by sonicmora Jr. (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie.

#2 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6198 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion Eddie wins... no arguement. EDDIE IS VENOM! And umm wasn't Mac usually a joke of a villain as Scorpion anyway, I mean he was usually kind of an idiot. Oh and on a side note when it comes to new versions of classic characters... Bucky is sucky bring back Steve!

#3 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6198 posts) - - Show Bio

first two votes go to Eddie, if this becomes a pattern maybe someone at Marvel should start to consider finding a way to cure Eddie of cancer, SOMETHING THEY NEVER SHOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

#4 Posted by fesak (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for Mac just to be different.

#5 Posted by Deadly (72 posts) - - Show Bio

eganthevile1 says:

"first two votes go to Eddie, if this becomes a pattern maybe someone at Marvel should start to consider finding a way to cure Eddie of cancer, SOMETHING THEY NEVER SHOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!"
I argee they should cure is cancer and give him back his symbiote.
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

eganthevile1 says:

"first two votes go to Eddie, if this becomes a pattern maybe someone at Marvel should start to consider finding a way to cure Eddie of cancer, SOMETHING THEY NEVER SHOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!"

Or maybe Marvel will kill him off for good and then we don't have to hear his name anymore.

#7 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"eganthevile1 says:

Or maybe Marvel will kill him off for good and then we don't have to hear his name anymore."

Roflol.

#8 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie Brock wins. No question.

@Vance

Stop being a hater.

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"Eddie Brock wins. No question. @Vance Stop being a hater."

Who's hatin.Brock was obviously the best Venom but he was sick since before Civil War.It's time to let it go.He may be the anti-Venom but if not....Marvel has 2 options...kill him off or make him some type of ani-hero again.Keeping a dying character alive and doing nothing with him is stupid.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Midnight Lantern says:
Who's hatin.Brock was obviously the best Venom but he was sick since before Civil War.It's time to let it go.He may be the anti-Venom but if not....Marvel has 2 options...kill him off or make him some type of ani-hero again.Keeping a dying character alive and doing nothing with him is stupid."
They just need to bring him back instead of killing him. Mac Gargan is a piece of trash as Venom."

Who cares.Venom is a useless character.He sucks as an anti-hero,and as a villian he continuosly loses to Spider-man.What is the point.He should stay as Gargan as the worst Thunderbolt ever.

#11 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Midnight Lantern says:
Who's hatin.Brock was obviously the best Venom but he was sick since before Civil War.It's time to let it go.He may be the anti-Venom but if not....Marvel has 2 options...kill him off or make him some type of ani-hero again.Keeping a dying character alive and doing nothing with him is stupid."

They just need to bring him back instead of killing him.

Mac Gargan is a piece of trash as Venom.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"Vance Astro says:
He sucks as an anti-hero,and as a villian he continuosly loses to Spider-man.What is the point.He should stay as Gargan as the worst Thunderbolt ever."
He does'nt suck. He loses to Spider-Man, So what? What do you expect? He's the bad-guy. Lex Luthor, Magneto, Joker, I've never seen them beat the hero either but it does'nt make them suck.
Post Edited:2008-05-29 21:25:37"

Yes,but the difference between Magneto,Luthor,and Joker as compared to Brock is they aren't only powerful by wearing a costume,they have character depth.They aren't some dude who got fired from his job because of a superhero and now wants to kill him.People get tired of the same old stuff.

#13 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

He sucks as an anti-hero,and as a villian he continuosly loses to Spider-man.What is the point.He should stay as Gargan as the worst Thunderbolt ever."
He does'nt suck. He loses to Spider-Man, So what? What do you expect? He's the bad-guy. Lex Luthor, Magneto, Joker, I've never seen them beat the hero either but it does'nt make them suck.
Post Edited:2008-05-29 21:25:37
#14 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

Yes,but the difference between Magneto,Luthor,and Joker as compared to Brock is they aren't only powerful by wearing a costume,they have character depth.They aren't some dude who got fired from his job because of a superhero and now wants to kill him.People get tired of the same old stuff."

If you went through what Eddie went through I bet you'd want to bust some heads.

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"Vance Astro says:
Yes,but the difference between Magneto,Luthor,and Joker as compared to Brock is they aren't only powerful by wearing a costume,they have character depth.They aren't some dude who got fired from his job because of a superhero and now wants to kill him.People get tired of the same old stuff."
If you went through what Eddie went through I bet you'd want to bust some heads."

If I had a symbiote I would do something better with it then continuously trying to attack someone I obviously can't beat.

#16 Posted by Weaver (1 posts) - - Show Bio

A bit out of topic, huh?

Nevertheless, I say Eddie. Eddie had it all, psycho personality, great power, insane hatred for Spidey, brutal methods, and something Mac is sadly lacking: brains. Sure, he wasn't the smartest one around, but could figure out quickly one or two ways to put the wall-crawler in a tight spot.

#17 Posted by F33R! (52 posts) - - Show Bio

well i duno venom has picked up some cool stuff with gargan such as the tail but im gona have to say eddie brock !!

#18 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Gargan is a douche. Eddie is the classic psycho

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Both characters suck.

#20 Posted by The Wondering Spider (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

E-D-D-I-E

#21 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

i think Eddie is the more well known Venom but i always thought Mac made him more crazy.

im not voting either way bc i dont know enough about them but Im just glad they gave mac something better than a stupid scorpion suit. Venom should have taken over the suit to and made him that much more different

#22 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6198 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"

Midnight Lantern says:

"Vance Astro says:
If you went through what Eddie went through I bet you'd want to bust some heads."

If I had a symbiote I would do something better with it then continuously trying to attack someone I obviously can't beat.

"

The symbiote makes people psychotic, even the most moral man in marvel Steve Rogers want nuts during planet of the symbiotes, and Ann brutally tore apart a couple people when she had the symbiote and she was just a normal woman fending off rapistswhat makes you think you could handle it Vance? Hell I'm crazy in real life, I know I would be a murdering psycho with one
#23 Posted by SUNMAN (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom vs. Anti-Venom

Venom vs. Anti-Venom

#24 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

EDDY BROCK all the way

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
eganthevile1 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"

Midnight Lantern says:

"Vance Astro says:

"
The symbiote makes people psychotic, even the most moral man in marvel Steve Rogers want nuts during planet of the symbiotes, and Ann brutally tore apart a couple people when she had the symbiote and she was just a normal woman fending off rapistswhat makes you think you could handle it Vance? Hell I'm crazy in real life, I know I would be a murdering psycho with one"
If your sane enough to say your crazy..your not really crazy.
#26 Posted by SUNMAN (7181 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"eganthevile1 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"

Midnight Lantern says:

"Vance Astro says:

"
The symbiote makes people psychotic, even the most moral man in marvel Steve Rogers want nuts during planet of the symbiotes, and Ann brutally tore apart a couple people when she had the symbiote and she was just a normal woman fending off rapistswhat makes you think you could handle it Vance? Hell I'm crazy in real life, I know I would be a murdering psycho with one"
"
Unless your crazy enough to pretend your sane when your actually crazy and say your crazy, to appear that you are sane. 
#27 Posted by ~Clover~ (200 posts) - - Show Bio

EDDIE!!!!!

E-D-D-I-E!

#28 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6198 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"eganthevile1 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"

Midnight Lantern says:

"Vance Astro says:

"
"
Unless your crazy enough to pretend your sane when your actually crazy and say your crazy, to appear that you are sane. 
"
Sunman..... Your my new shut vance up hero!
#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
eganthevile1 said:
Sunman..... Your my new shut vance up hero!"
Way to latch on to someone who you think can do what you can't.
#30 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Way to latch on to someone who you think can do what you can't."
LOL.
#31 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"

Venom vs. Anti-Venom

Venom vs. Anti-Venom

"
i vote for MAC. where is this from i would like this issue
#32 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio

eddie

only good venom
#33 Posted by Erik (32035 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie in a bad way.

#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

If Eddie is Aniti-Venom then Mac has no chance of winning.It's an obvious curbstomp.But if they both have Venom symbiotes Mac wins.

#35 Posted by Erik (32035 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"If Eddie is Aniti-Venom then Mac has no chance of winning.It's an obvious curbstomp.But if they both have Venom symbiotes Mac wins."
I agree with this. 
#36 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Vance Astro said:
"If Eddie is Aniti-Venom then Mac has no chance of winning.It's an obvious curbstomp.But if they both have Venom symbiotes Mac wins."
I agree with this. 
"
same here im actually suprised it took that long to suck the symbiote out of him
#37 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6198 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
Not really, the toxin Mac and the Inner Demons used on Anti-Venom seem to be his weakness, kinda Marvel's way of keeping the characters more balanced
#38 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6198 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"eganthevile1 said:
Sunman..... Your my new shut vance up hero!"
Way to latch on to someone who you think can do what you can't.
"

Vance I dont think someone cutting your tongue out would shut you up
#39 Posted by SUNMAN (7181 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"SUNMAN said:
"

Venom vs. Anti-Venom

Venom vs. Anti-Venom

"
i vote for MAC. where is this from i would like this issue"
I think it is Spider-Man new ways to die. probably around issue numba 568.

Also Brock is owning him here
#40 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6198 posts) - - Show Bio

Brock was definately the best Venom, and is still the best symbiote

#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
eganthevile1 said:
"Vance Astro said:
Not really, the toxin Mac and the Inner Demons used on Anti-Venom seem to be his weakness, kinda Marvel's way of keeping the characters more balanced"
Gargan sucks.He has no chance agaisnt Anti-Venom as Venom.He could barely take Jack Flag with the Thunderbolts.
#42 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"DEGRAAF said:
"SUNMAN said:
"

Venom vs. Anti-Venom

Venom vs. Anti-Venom

"
i vote for MAC. where is this from i would like this issue"
I think it is Spider-Man new ways to die. probably around issue numba 568.

Also Brock is owning him here
"

i know he is but i sitll like him as venom more
#43 Posted by chris thompson (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Shut up Vance. Venom is the man.

#44 Posted by SUNMAN (7181 posts) - - Show Bio
chris thompson said:
"Shut up Vance. Venom is the man. "
really dude?

Honestly I like Gargan as Venom since Civil War, not as much as Brock, but he is okay. Only thing is he gets owned a lot by almost anyone, except skrulls and other no name characters who are suppose to be tough.
#45 Posted by chris thompson (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance shut f*ck up. Venom is the man and i think Eddie would win.

#46 Posted by Taskmaster96 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie.

#47 Posted by k4tzm4n (38799 posts) - - Show Bio

Gargan acts like a brute with the symbiote...Only properly applying it's strength/durability...Where-as Brock would websling, shapeshift, cloak, use tendrils, shields and so forth....You take a guess who I like more?

Staff
#48 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie he was the original the best with the suit mac hasn't done anything  impressive with it and they should cure Eddie already and make him do something to impact the story line if not then they should kill both off and venom would be no more the end

#49 Posted by santeria_smith (304 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Vance is a dick.

#50 Posted by Banisher (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Gargan does put the teeth to good use tho!  But, yeah Brock gets my vote in a fight.  I do like the Gargan Venom tho, it'll be interesting to see how his relationship with Osborne plays out what with them both being Spidey haters.  I liked what they did with their history in the Reason in Madness one shot and Thunderbolts #125 when they get to Manhatten and both see spidey.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.