Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2797 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Eatting People

MorganaV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MorganaV

Ok so well I really curious about this. Well I've been a fan of Venom for years since I saw him in the old spiderman animated series. But I've just started reading comics about a year ago. Well I've read quite a bit involving mac gargan venom but none of eddie brock venom other then the Venom vs Carnage book, mainly cause i really can't find any of the old venom books anywhere. And well I was wondering, i've seen in alot that the mac gargan venoms symbiote needs to eat people for some reason, but did it ever need to eat people when eddie was Venom or is that some weird new thing they've done??

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

The Venom symbiote has always had something of a taste for human flesh, but Eddie Brock thought of himself as a hero, and while he was bonded to the symbiote, the two shared more of a partnership. The alien got out of control at least once and manipulated Brock into eating a criminal's brain, but it was later discovered the chemical found in the brain that the symbiote needed could also be found in chocolate. I'm not going to look it up, but I'm pretty sure it's true. Anyway...

Gargan has become more possessed by the symbiote since he aquired it; the alien doesn't care for Mac like it did for Eddie, so it takes advantage of him at any given opportunity and savagely attacks people. This usually happens when Venom is hurt, sending the alien into a rage, as seen when he ate Silver-Spider's arm. Post-"Secret Invasion", Norman had Venom eating Skrulls left-and-right, but I believe Gargan didn't mind that so much, especially when they were disguised as Spider-Man.

So yeah...it's a fairly-new thing they're doing with Venom, but Brock always used to "joke" about eating Spidey's brain, so the joke has just been taken seriously now.

MorganaV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MorganaV

Ah. Ok thanks alot for explaining that. Heh, seems no one likes Gargan as venom if even the symbiote doesn't.

gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gerald2

I remember that issue, raptor. I think that's the only time Eddie ever bit anyone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.