Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2794 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Does Venom have Spider sense??

gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gerald2

Okay, I know this is a very noob question, considering how much I know about Venom, but still...

We know that the symbiote found a way to block Peter's spider sense..but does the symbiote itself have spider sense??

It's never been made specifically clear..

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By G'bandit

Nope. They would be too powerful. Technically no physical attack hurts them, they are super fast. imagine on top of that having that ability to sense danger, it be unstoppable.

gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gerald2

yeah, you're right. No one could fck with him then...

@InnerVenom: ah...so only when fighting Spiderman does the Symbiote have this "spider sense", shall we call it.

gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gerald2

I guess that sort of evens them out. I always figured Venom was just a way better version of Spiderman, but now that I think about it, Spider sense is pretty damn useful. That's why if Venom faced the human torch (which I recall that he did in the 2003 Venom series...garbage in my opinion) he would probably get his ass handed to him.

Venom: 

• incredible strength
    • claws
    • limitless webbing
    • invisibility
    • shape shifting

Spiderman
    • The ability to predict one's moves

That's pretty even in my opinion.
    EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#5  Edited By EganTheVile1

No but his symbiote doesnt technically have eyes in the traditional sense either, so he may have heightened awareness of his surroundings.... The other could not duplicate the spider-sense power in new hosts, but it could block itself from triggering Peter's Spider-Sense
    CDviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CDviper
    @GERALD said:
    " I guess that sort of evens them out. I always figured Venom was just a way better version of Spiderman, but now that I think about it, Spider sense is pretty damn useful. That's why if Venom faced the human torch (which I recall that he did in the 2003 Venom series...garbage in my opinion) he would probably get his ass handed to him.

Venom: 
    • incredible strength
    • claws
    • limitless webbing
    • invisibility
    • shape shifting

Spiderman
     That's pretty even in my opinion. "
    spider sense doesn't work on venom
    gerald2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gerald2
    @CDviper said:
    " @GERALD said:
    " I guess that sort of evens them out. I always figured Venom was just a way better version of Spiderman, but now that I think about it, Spider sense is pretty damn useful. That's why if Venom faced the human torch (which I recall that he did in the 2003 Venom series...garbage in my opinion) he would probably get his ass handed to him.

Venom: 
    • incredible strength
    • claws
    • limitless webbing
    • invisibility
    • shape shifting

Spiderman
     That's pretty even in my opinion. "
    spider sense doesn't work on venom "
    I meant to say "they're pretty even when not facing each other".
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's supposed to. most writers tend to forget it. essentially Venom doesnt have any of Spider-Mans abilities,
    but has "mock" or "synthesized" versions of all. after a symbiote combines with a host it replicates/micks theyre
    stats/abilites (another factor writers forget because the symbiote should have picked up a few extra as well by now).
    also the Venom symbiote was original written with low level telepathy, something theyre supposed to have naturally,
    again writers forgot this, though its also shown when the symbiote responds to danger and dodges bullets, explosions, grabs
    people on its own, ect. (which would constitute a danger sense(and in the same issues Venom gets shot with something?)). 
    so technically, yes, he is supposed to, but it seems to just get forgotten or placed on the side for the sake of plot.

KevinSevenNgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By KevinSevenNgo

Venom does not have spider sense but he can negate Spider-Mans version because he has bonded with him, also Spider-Mans spider sense does not work against other people like Spider-Man like other Spider type men... but their are exceptions. Spider sense is a good trick but it's not required, for Spider-Man, it saves him more than a bullet proof vest. If venom had it, it wouldn't make much difference because Venom is a symbioses so he can kind of feel his environment and blah, blah, blah the story keeps going.

HankMurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HankMurphy

Venom does not have limitless webbing, in fact, his is more limited than Spider-Man in that area. The amount that Venom used in ASM 300 was about a couple cartridges worth (Peter can carry a pile of them on his belt and on his web shooters), and it weakened him enough for Spidey to win the day.

How about this for a battle

Spider-Man with his Spider Sense vs Venom (if Venom could no longer be immune to it.)

With his spider sense, I think Spider-Man would beat Venom more often then not. Spider-Man is still faster and more agile than Venom (commented on numerous times by Peter in the comics over the years) and if he had his spider sense he could avoid a lot of Venoms attacks. Venom is stronger than Spider-Man, but he's hardly the strongest foe Spider-Man has beaten. Since ASM 300 I've always believed that Venom's main reason for being able to defeat Spider-Man was that the Spider Sense did not work on him.

The one odd thing in the comics that's always puzzled me is them writing Venom (Brock) as able to absorb ridiculous amounts of punishment, like full on hits from Spider-Man with out it affecting him (mind you, that varies greatly from writer to writer, and earlier writers did not write that into Venom nearly as much as later writers as they wanted to keep "powering up" Eddie. Heck, sometimes they wrote Brock like he could take a shot from the Hulk and not be affected) Yes this contradicts what I say above, but I always thought that the Venom in ASM 300-320 was the best written Venom, and that Venom could be actually hurt a hit by Spider-Man.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.. But otherwise he is pretty much superior to Parker in any way.

Ditto_Ditto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No because he is not a spider

Opunaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've read a few times that all of Venom's 'skin' is consider an eye, but it doesn't equal out to being a true Spider-Sense since while it may be able to see everything around it, its host can only take in so much visual data at once, especially if it's concentrating on something. Spidey's Spider-Sense is linked directly to his reflexes, so it forces him to react instantly, and ignoring it is difficult and painful for him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.