Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2798 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

A New Venom

WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By WWAJfan
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Primmaster64

nice

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

or it could mean that this is a side of Venom that you've never seen before

Glasgow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Glasgow

No more Mac Gargan Venom? Finally. It wasn't a wholly bad concept, I just like Eddie Venom more, I wonder if they're going to bring him back... but the possibility is slim

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks for the link. odd news.
    not on you, but whoever wrote that interview hasnt apparently read a single issue
    of Dark Reign starring either Spider-Man, Gargan, or both.

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#6  Edited By lostlantern13

I wonder who it'll be...I now will get this book. 

WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WWAJfan

yeah this book is going to be really good, Mac has trashed Spidey's reputation, aside from their battle in this issue im more ontrigue ''on who will don the symbiote'' as stated by them???
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

part i didnt get about the review was the finally fighting thing since Gargan took on the 
    image of Spider-man. Spider-Man throttled him already in Dark Reign for it, and then some.
    also the writer says he finally comes out and says he isnt worthy of being an Avenger?
    Im pretty sure he's done that a few times. I think that guy just made up his synopsis on the fly.

the new host thing seems okay, but i guess ill wait until then and to see if it actually sticks.
    i dunno, why didnt they just develop Gargan into a bonafide menace in the first place instead
    of turning him into a pansy? then they wouldnt need to replace him.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By G'bandit

YES! FINALLY! GARGAN SUX ASS!

WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WWAJfan

yeah but maybe what they tried to say is that spidey got him only one time in Dark Reign durng in the american son arc when he ambushed him, becuase after that mac still continued his role as spidey, and kept eating people, but the only thing i didnt like about gargan in dark reign so far has been in the DA books, his role has been minor and the medicine thing really sucks, while in other books like Dark Wolverine, Siege embedded and Siege  he's darker, crazy, n kiking ass.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WWAJfan: 
    oh. this was to me. no, i dont think thats what the writer was trying to say. they didnt point any of that out nor imply it. and sorry no, he's not darker nor kicking ass in those books. he's getting his ass kicked, if he's not having a mental breakdown or shrieking in terror because of his "meds". whose ass did he kick. seriously, name one? he ate an atlantean in one book that was already dead. he couldnt even stand for more than two panels against Colossus and lost because he got hit with a chunk of concrete(?). He was practically ridiculous in his own mini as well, and his opponents were feeble. and that was the only time we saw him " being Spider-Man". otherwise, and major error on their part, Peter has been Spider-man in the publics eyes the whole time through Dark Reign. the only book that came out that Gargan did anyhting cool in was Fusion, and Marvel didnt even make that one. sorry, they introduced him cool, but ever since they brought him on Thunderbolts during Initiative they absolutly turned his character as weak as it gets.
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By zombietag

totally buying this. i mean i was anyways cuz im a huge spidey fan, but this looks pretty cool

WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WWAJfan
    @CATMANEXE:

well in the sinister spiderman 4, he sent daken flying to a building and started to pummel Bullseye, but yeah his 1st round with Colossus was like WTF a concrete to his face (btw he looked really awfull drawn in that issue) but nothing else hapenned cause Col retraeted, and in their 2nd round they looked evenly matched, i havent read earlier DR were DA are in it duking it out but nonless that's my opinion and i respect yours.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WWAJfan: 
    he got hurt by corndogs in that comic. hardly a darker tough Venom?
    sorry, i read every comic tied in to DR. Gargan has been shown as anything but menacing
    through the whole thing. he also hasnt tarnished Spider-Mans name. Spider-Man also already
    got him for it, twice. Spider-man also already voiced his doubts about being an Avenger now several times. im sticking by my guns. and like i said " show me " where he was menacing anyone and tearing it up? other than a hooker or those chumps in Sinister Spider-Man? he hit Daken? he's been whimpering that he's afraid Daken and Bullseye were going to kill him to Ms.Hand in every other comic. sorry, but they wrote him like crap, hence my point, they wouldnt have to have a new host if they had done a satisfactory job with garagn in the first place. hell, he even got chumped, and was screaming at the hands of Carmilla
    Black. thats low man! lol. He has zero showings since when he ate one of Steel Spiders arms way back in the Initiative. every other showing has been him getting stomped or crying. what a waste. and if your actually Marc Strom who wrote that article, or i should say advert, im still saying you didnt read the comics.
    because also, if was showing to be so cool, why get rid of him, and so soon after he was established?
    Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Rainja

YEA i completely agree Mac Gargan had so much potential theoritically but no writer respected him,compared to Eddie Brock's venom he is Extremely Lame,i hope when he gets this new host he returns to what venom as Brock originally was DA SHIT.

Arnulfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Arnulfo

wow, when I read that in The Venom Site.com, I was really amazed, but who's gonna be the new Venom? Eddie or other guy?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123

The one thing I hate about this article is that it states "Mac's no dummy"...... that is so untrue its not even funny.  

FINALLY! NO MORE GARGAN! FINALLY! MAYBE A VENOM THAT DOESN'T SUCK!?!?!?  

Maybe Eddie? I doubt he's anywhere near the events of SEIGE, but maybe? Though there's the problem of Anti-Venom. . . I guess it'll be someone else who dons the symbiote.  

And please, Marvel, make this new Venom... not be colored purple. Oh my god I hate Venom colored purple. It makes him look like Barney the dinosaur's lost lovechild, especially when Gargan would bulk up and get all T-rex-like.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By danhimself

the preview images show Ms. Marvel there to...who wants to bet that she somehow gets the symbiote for a page or 2 then it goes back to Gargan

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: 
    i wont bet against ya. didnt even see those before, that page is wicked.
    man there are alot of Spidey books out that month.
    chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chris thompson
    @Glasgow said:
    "No more Mac Gargan Venom? Finally. It wasn't a wholly bad concept, I just like Eddie Venom more, I wonder if they're going to bring him back... but the possibility is slim "

I concur.
    MichaeltheFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#22  Edited By MichaeltheFly

Finally Marvel will get rid of Gargan, at least as Venom.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Michael the Fly said:
    "Finally Marvel will get rid of Gargan, at least as Venom. "

Took them long enough.
    chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By chris thompson

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS DAY!!!!!  You do not know how happy  I am to see Mac finally get booted as Venom. The guy's a LOSER. A moron who brought disgrace to the good Venom name! My only wish is for this Venom to not suck @$$ and actually be a treat to Spider-man.  I can't believe I am finally saying (or typing) this but MAC IS GONE. Maybe go back to being the Scorpion or something or better yet die cause I can't stand him as Venom!
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25  Edited By The_Martian

Ms. Marvel/Venom :P

MichaeltheFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#26  Edited By MichaeltheFly
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Michael the Fly said:
    "Finally Marvel will get rid of Gargan, at least as Venom. "
    Took them long enough. "
    I agree, Gargan was horrible as Venom.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#27  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

If they would do something with Gargan as Venom he may not have so many people hate him, I on the other hand is still a bit let down after they turned him back to Scorpion in New Ways To Die for like what? One issue? -____- 

I hope those Kraven chicks (I forget their names, I'm not good with the Kraven family...) give Gargan back his Scorpion suit and send the new Sinster Six after Spider-Man, man that would be awesome.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Nobody said:
    " Ms. Marvel/Venom :P "
    Ms. Marvel as Venom.... is the single worst idea that could possibly come to fruition.
    darkxman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By darkxman123

thanks catman exe wondering what happen to that scorpian suit for years  

and thank god there will be a new venom 

Avatar image for knightofhonor100
    knightofhonor100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By knightofhonor100

I think the new Venom should be someone whose identity you don't know; someone who hates Spider-Man for an unknown reason and will do whatever it takes to see him suffer. 
    I just hope it won't be Norman Osborn, or any of the Dark Avengers for that matter. 
    Bring the Eddie Venom back, Marvel. Please.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By G Bird

Barack Obama will be the new Venom lol!

Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lustwish

I think Norman should take it over or Harry with the American Son suit.  But a Green goblin/Venom could be cool, just as long as its drawn properly and they lead up to it in a wicked way.  He seems to be facing all of his deadly foes in latest issues, so I think it would be a radical twist to do that.  

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.