Lame power

#1 Edited by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else think we really didn't need another speedster. Unless its gonna only be an aspect of his powers, I think thats just kinda a poor idea.  
#2 Posted by kai95 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

At least if your going to criticize, come up with an idea yourself, genius.
#3 Edited by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@kai95:
At least if YOU'RE going to insult him, you could use the correct form of YOUR. 

@jordama:

I have to agree, that as one of the oh-so-coveted and highly anticipated Five Lights mutants, his powers should seem a little more.....impressive? 
But speedsters ususally have an out in the "powers you've seen a hundred time" category: versatility. 
Characters like Flash and Quicksilver have made a great career out of using their speed in interesting and unique ways.  
I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what becomes of him.     
#4 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

I know, hopefully they have a good reason for him having that power.

#5 Posted by kai95 (59 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy:
wow that MAKE NO SENSE watsoever and u made yourself look like an ASS.
#6 Posted by Thunderscream (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

So....when Hope touched him, did he gain control of his power or are we going to watch him die as every time he uses his power he experiences a month to a minute of time?

#7 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kinda sick of speedsters. But I do like that his power has some side-effects.

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel doesn't have many speedsters.  I'll agree it's not an original power, but it's not exactly an over-used power... it's rarer than the multitude of reality warpers & the plethora of telepaths.

#9 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Atleast when they made Speed they gave him a twist. So far Gabriel just runs fast. Northstar can fly and has blast powers when combined with Aurora. Surge has electrical powers that give her her super speed.
#10 Edited by ComicMan24 (147014 posts) - - Show Bio

It's definitely not an original power but I think it is a bit early. Maybe later his powers will change and we will see him doing different things.

#11 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the five lights in general, except maybe Kenji or Idie

#12 Edited by oldgum (322 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Tiem Manipulation is more interesting than super speed... but it means that he'll physically age faster than everyone around him.
#14 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

So they did make him more interesting :D 

And I like the idea of him ageing quicker.
#15 Posted by superboyrocks13 (1089 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama:
he'll be a old dude in a couple months then
#16 Posted by jakeeboi17 (4356 posts) - - Show Bio

He's more original than some of the other lights, like Idie (someone who can control fire and ice... I know there are others. But I just can;t think) And the other one with like the feral personality or whatever?

#17 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakeeboi17 said:
"He's more original than some of the other lights, like Idie (someone who can control fire and ice... I know there are others. But I just can;t think) And the other one with like the feral personality or whatever? "

Idie: Crux and even Tempest (Angel Salvidor) 
And the Feral one is Teon
#18 Posted by mgrman5 (562 posts) - - Show Bio

So is kinda like Zoom but not as powerful and ages while he uses his time manipulation abilities.

#19 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope he doesnt die of old age or lose his hair like he said... hopefully he was just joking.

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27301 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama: I wouldn't say he was just another speedster, his power is more akin to Zoom in that he is not just fast he affects the time stream around him to make it look like he is going fast
#21 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@jordama: I wouldn't say he was just another speedster, his power is more akin to Zoom in that he is not just fast he affects the time stream around him to make it look like he is going fast

Sorry, My comments were from when he was originally introduced. before they gave the twist of time manipulation.

#22 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny how he's gone from a potentially lame character to one of your favourites ;) But I guess his power is 'lame' to him, anyway... aging rapidly has got to be a real downer.

#23 Posted by ComicMan24 (147014 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty:So he is aging everytime he uses his powers now? I know he aged a bit before Hope stabilise his powers but I haven't notice anything like this after it. But granted I have only read the first four issues of Gen Hope so far.

#24 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24: Sorry, I don't know the exact details. I gave up on Gen Hope too. I'm sure Jordama will keep you up-to-date though :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.