why can't vegeta reach ss3

• 57 results
#1 Posted by Boken (7783 posts) - - Show Bio

i never understood how he's able to go ss4 but not 3.

i know the blutz waves were the whole reason behind the transformation, but that should mean that he can go 3 to right.

#2 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio

He never trained himself in such a way or he never tried that hard. In GT though he reached super sayian four but with the help of his wife and her machine.

#3 Posted by Geo-Man (356 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought it was because Vegeta wouldn't look good as SSJ3.

#4 Posted by Boken (7783 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"He never trained himself in such a way or he never tried that hard. In GT though he reached super sayian four but with the help of his wife and her machine."

i know that, but wouldn't the machine have given him enough power to transform to that lower level of super sayin

#5 Posted by Geo-Man (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"zee crusher says:
"He never trained himself in such a way or he never tried that hard. In GT though he reached super sayian four but with the help of his wife and her machine."
i know that, but wouldn't the machine have given him enough power to transform to that lower level of super sayin "

That's a good thought. It be because that machine was only made to transform him into a golden Oozaru. Or, once again, he wouldn't look good.

#6 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"zee crusher says:

i know that, but wouldn't the machine have given him enough power to transform to that lower level of super sayin

"

Yes but during the time he needed to merge with goku so if he went to super sayian three he wouldn't be able to merge and shenron destroyed it i think so that would have made matters worse. But yeah it could make him three but vegeta sucks for cheating lol he should have just trained.

#7 Posted by Boken (7783 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Boken says:
"zee crusher says:
i know that, but wouldn't the machine have given him enough power to transform to that lower level of super sayin "
Yes but during the time he needed to merge with goku so if he went to super sayian three he wouldn't be able to merge and shenron destroyed it i think so that would have made matters worse. But yeah it could make him three but vegeta sucks for cheating lol he should have just trained."

who cares vegeta's the man.

#8 Posted by Geo-Man (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#9 Posted by Geo-Man (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Because if I'm not mistaken (I may be) to transform into SS4 you must have enough power and control over golden ozaru form. Thanks to the waves he got his tail back, so he was able to transform"

Yeah, you can only go to SSJ4 after you have control over the Golden Oozaru form.

#10 Posted by Nighthunter (29559 posts) - - Show Bio

Because if I'm not mistaken (I may be) to transform into SS4 you must have enough power and control over golden ozaru form.

Thanks to the waves he got his tail back, so he was able to transform

#11 Posted by Hype (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I always figured because the machine gave him some much energy that he can't really balance and can find a middle ground between SS2 and SS4

#12 Posted by Nighthunter (29559 posts) - - Show Bio

as far as we know, Vegeta may be able to reach SS3.

That he never did doesn't prove he couldn't after he got enough power to transform into SS4

#13 Posted by Nighthunter (29559 posts) - - Show Bio

Hype says:

"But you know what Vegeta is never the type to fight weak and always goes all out never holding back, so he probably can go SS3, but finds it unnecessary to make himself weak instead of demolishing his foe in SS4"

agreed

#14 Posted by Hype (37 posts) - - Show Bio

But you know what Vegeta is never the type to fight weak and always goes all out never holding back, so he probably can go SS3, but finds it unnecessary to make himself weak instead of demolishing his foe in SS4

#15 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"zee crusher says:
"Boken says:
"zee crusher says:
Yes but during the time he needed to merge with goku so if he went to super sayian three he wouldn't be able to merge and shenron destroyed it i think so that would have made matters worse. But yeah it could make him three but vegeta sucks for cheating lol he should have just trained."

who cares vegeta's the man."

Lol i beg to differ.

Nighthunter says:

"as far as we know, Vegeta **may** be able to reach SS3.That he never did doesn't prove he couldn't after he got enough power to transform into SS4"

It does cause he had to use a machine to do it.

#16 Posted by Nighthunter (29559 posts) - - Show Bio

nope, the machine didn't give him a power-up. What it did was to give his tail back. Just like Goku's trining with the supreme kai

#17 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"nope, the machine didn't give him a power-up. What it did was to give his tail back. Just like Goku's trining with the supreme kai"

When they were fighting shenron what it did was bring him up to super sayian four. It was the only way cause he didn't have enough power on his own.

Hype says:

"But you know what Vegeta is never the type to fight weak and always goes all out never holding back, so he probably can go SS3, but finds it unnecessary to make himself weak instead of demolishing his foe in SS4"

Thats not good at all vegate sucks he comes out cool and usually looks like he may win but always loses so if he isn't holding back it really shows how bad he is lol.

#18 Posted by Nighthunter (29559 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Nighthunter says:
"nope, the machine didn't give him a power-up. What it did was to give his tail back. Just like Goku's trining with the supreme kai"

When they were fighting shenron what it did was bring him up to super sayian four. It was the only way cause he didn't have enough power on his own.

Hype says:

Thats not good at all vegate sucks he comes out cool and usually looks like he may win but always loses so if he isn't holding back it really shows how bad he is lol."

again wrong.

The waves only gave Vegeta his tail back so that he could turn into Golden Ozaru, just like when Baby was into Vegeta's body.
Post Edited:2008-02-23 12:59:19

#19 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"zee crusher says:
"Nighthunter says:

Hype says:

Thats not good at all vegate sucks he comes out cool and usually looks like he may win but always loses so if he isn't holding back it really shows how bad he is lol."

again wrong.

The waves only gave Vegeta his tail back so that he could turn into Golden Ozaru, just like when Baby was into Vegeta's body.
Post Edited:2008-02-23 12:59:19"

Lol actually your wrong i'm not talking about then i'm saying when they fought shenron and had to merge he used his wife to make the machine turn him into four then shenron desrtoyed the machine.

#20 Posted by Nighthunter (29559 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Nighthunter says:
"zee crusher says:
"Nighthunter says:

Hype says:

again wrong.

Lol actually your wrong i'm not talking about then i'm saying when they fought shenron and had to merge he used his wife to make the machine turn him into four then shenron desrtoyed the machine."

nope, the machine gave him his tail back and then made him turn into a ozaru, at first it looked like he didn't have control so he joked attacking Goku. After that he turned into super saiyan 4 by himself

#21 Posted by Bookman (832 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Boken says:
"zee crusher says:

It's GT. It messes up everything. Vegeta thought it was stupid, because you could run out of enrergy farily fast using it.

#22 Posted by Imperial (233 posts) - - Show Bio

Vegeta's a intelligent fighter and knows that Ssj 3 drains you of your power fast, so it would be a waste of time. When he could be in ssj2 mode and last longer. That's why he never went to full power against cell. 'cause he knows it would be over faster for him.

#23 Posted by Imperial (233 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't pay no attention to GT or the fakes i.e. AF, V or whatever crap fans made. I only pay attention to Dragonball and Dragonball Z. Akira Toriyama's work. Love it.

AF did being to be written but got scrapped and then fans just took over.

#24 Posted by Imperial (233 posts) - - Show Bio

GT - Gohan has more power in Ultimate mode than he ever would in any SSJ mode. That's one of the many flaws it has

#25 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"zee crusher says:
"Nighthunter says:
"zee crusher says:
"Nighthunter says:

Hype says:

again wrong.

Lol actually your wrong i'm not talking about then i'm saying when they fought shenron and had to merge he used his wife to make the machine turn him into four then shenron desrtoyed the machine."

nope, the machine gave him his tail back and then made him turn into a ozaru, at first it looked like he didn't have control so he joked attacking Goku. After that he turned into super saiyan 4 by himself"

Your talking about a whole different saga thats babi sage i'm talking then shenron one when he had to fight then 7 different dragons then he made it to the last one which destroyed the machine during the fight after he used it.

#26 Posted by Jax (6182 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Nighthunter says:
"zee crusher says:
"Nighthunter says:
"zee crusher says:
"Nighthunter says:
"nope, the machine didn't give him a power-up. What it did was to give his tail back. Just like Goku's trining with the supreme kai "
When they were fighting shenron what it did was bring him up to super sayian four. It was the only way cause he didn't have enough power on his own. Hype says:
again wrong. The waves only gave Vegeta his tail back so that he could turn into Golden Ozaru, just like when Baby was into Vegeta's body.
nope, the machine gave him his tail back and then made him turn into a ozaru, at first it looked like he didn't have control so he joked attacking Goku. After that he turned into super saiyan 4 by himself"
Your talking about a whole different saga thats babi sage i'm talking then shenron one when he had to fight then 7 different dragons then he made it to the last one which destroyed the machine during the fight after he used it."

Then they only stayed fused for 15 minutes.

#27 Posted by Lightbeam (9 posts) - - Show Bio

vegeta needed whats his names magic to go super saiyan 2, he couldnt reach ss2 without a boost...couldnt reach super saiyan 4 without another boost to his power by his wife....i say he has super saiyan 3 powers and all but because he skipped it, he cant get a another chance to find that form...idk

#28 Posted by Resonate (14552 posts) - - Show Bio

eh Vegeta fails at life

lamest DBZ character ever, and thats saying something

#29 Posted by GOKUSS4 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

no the reasen vegeta cant go super sayian3 because goku was not even supose to be ss3!!!!!!

#30 Posted by Resonate (14552 posts) - - Show Bio

what?

#31 Posted by vegetofan23 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku pushed himself, and no person had ever gone ss3 so in a way it was just never seen before.
he was able to go , and what the heck do you mean he wasn't supposed to?

#32 Posted by Zenma (5001 posts) - - Show Bio
vegetofan23 said:
"Goku pushed himself, and no person had ever gone ss3 so in a way it was just never seen before.
he was able to go , and what the heck do you mean he wasn't supposed to?"
what a way to revive the dead, that person won't respond to you dude cause it was half a year ago

by the way vegeta thought super saiyan three was a dumb transformation since it requires a lot  of energy to get to that form and to maintain it. goku never knew about the draw backs because he was dead and in heaven you have unlimited supply of energy
#33 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2478 posts) - - Show Bio

CLearly i'm late, and the party is long ova. Oh well, i respond for my own amusement.

1) Vegeta is the shit.
2) Dude has a point, GT sucked Gohan went from a scholar who had no problem leaving school to handle his buisness, tooo...a bitch...videl's bitch to be more exact. Tis sad, and he didn't bother with SSJ b/c Ultimate form was as powerful as SSJ4, GT never got that right not once. But Uub, was a nice touch.
3) Zema is right about Vegeta's feelings towards SSJ3

that is all

#34 Posted by Psi Optics (26 posts) - - Show Bio

DBGT is an embarasment to the Dragon Ball series but my input in this matter is

Both Goku and Vegeta need to cheat to transform

Goku needed his tail pulled out

Vegeta needed Blutz waves to simulate i guess having a tail. I dont think the machine made him stronger just simulated the conditions

As for SS3 Vegeta sees goku power up in that form and loose his power vs Buu and called it a stupid power up if i remember it even says it in his bio on here. I am glad he didnt turn SS3 because it looks stupid to begin with they should of ended it with SS2. In DBGT i have seen the Japaneese translations and it says that Vegeta was stronger the goku the whole series until goku transformed then at the end they were about equal

Goku only surpased him in technique with the Genkidama... A move that vegeta usually has to buy goku time to make anyway

#35 Posted by Brolyz_Bride (5 posts) - - Show Bio

not exactly... that booster gave him the power to be ssj4 but in order to reach ssj3 he'll need the booster to help him... or knowing Vegeta he'll probably train hard enough to reach it on his own

#36 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio
Brolyz_Bride said:
"not exactly... that booster gave him the power to be ssj4 but in order to reach ssj3 he'll need the booster to help him... or knowing Vegeta he'll probably train hard enough to reach it on his own"

??????????? Is this the first Boly? The one that got banned from here?
#37 Posted by gamzilla (3 posts) - - Show Bio

personally im a big vegeta fan but i think tha fact that he like seriosuly had he power or drained his power when babadi made him majin supersayin2 vegeta. theres 2 sides to my thery 1.when he went majin supersayin2 he recived ultimate power from the dark energy and his sayin might 2.While he was in majin supersayin 2 he drained out all his energy when he did his sayin explosion attack on majinboo and when he was revied he didnt have the power that he 1nce had

#38 Posted by gamzilla (3 posts) - - Show Bio

look goku has had only 4 stages(other than kaoioken) ssj1,2,3,4 and vegeta had 5 ssj1,2,bulk ssj,majin ssj,and 4 i think either he has had enough transformations so he cant possibly go 3 and also i think he was never ment to be ssj3 because he was always 1 step behind goku. if u payed attention to the episode wen him and goku fought while he was majin ssj2 he knew goku had obtained ssj3 already and he let babdi control him for the power Vegeta also said that goku has done everything vegeta wanted to do so i think vegeta was in such a rush to be better than goku he didnt want to train just to be stronger. Another way he was never lvl 3 was that  vegeta always relied on his sayin blood or strength so he never really trained

#39 Posted by Boken (7783 posts) - - Show Bio

alright wow way to bring up a thread i made nearly a year a go, wow. if i can put my 2 sense back in. vegeta didn't neceserilly get stronger from the blutz waves. they waves from the machine just replicate the natural blutz waves a full moon gives all sayins. now this makes me bring up a new question how did the earth give Goku the power to trasform into the golden monkey. shouldn't they already have had the power since (now i may be mistaken but i believe i recall) that the truffe planet was on the moon? also didn't gohan lose tha ablitliy to go SSJ when he was ultimate. if so how he get it back. GT has a lot to answer for

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (89534 posts) - - Show Bio

The simple answer is only a pure hearted Saiyan can go SSJ3.Since Vegeta is a royal douchebag..he cannot become SSJ3.

#41 Posted by Boken (7783 posts) - - Show Bio

that is actually a legit point. vegeta is a royal bag of douche

#42 Posted by gamzilla (3 posts) - - Show Bio

wellll goku is a dumb ass so he didnt realize that it was the earth and it was bright and mabey cuz he was a kid so he was a retard lolz cuz rember he got droped on the head buy gohan when he was a baby

#43 Posted by vegetafanguyinthehous (2 posts) - - Show Bio

yes vegeta can go ss3 because in gt goten said that he and trunks could do it as ss3 so that means vegeta can go ss3 to, because his way stronger than trunks and goten and posably the strongest with goku

and hears proof of them saying that  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDL8zMPDaes&feature=channel_page        and make sure to look at 0:23  just read my mrv445 comment and that will guide u

#44 Posted by vegetafanguyinthehous (2 posts) - - Show Bio

yes vegeta can go ss3 because in gt goten said that he and trunks could do it as ss3 so that means vegeta can go ss3 to, because his way stronger than trunks and goten and posably the strongest with goku

and hears proof of them saying that  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDL8zMPDaes&feature=channel_page        and make sure to look at 0:23  just read my mrv445 comment and that will guide u

#45 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
@vegetafanguyinthehous said:
" yes vegeta can go ss3 because in gt goten said that he and trunks could do it as ss3 so that means vegeta can go ss3 to, because his way stronger than trunks and goten and posably the strongest with goku and hears proof of them saying that  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDL8zMPDaes&feature=channel_page        and make sure to look at 0:23  just read my mrv445 comment and that will guide u "
No, Vegeta can NOT go Super Saiyan 3. His officially last transformation was a Super Saiyan 2 (and partially thanks to Babidi's Mind Control method). Rumors that are spreading explaining that he can and why he can are truly false. There is no proof that he is capable of reaching that level (however, there isn't proof that he couldn't). Now, as far as GT goes, he skipped Super Saiyan 3 and went directly to Golden Oozaru, then, using the Blutz Waves, went Super Saiyan 4. That's it. No SSJ3.
#46 Posted by DeadlyLittleMiho (12 posts) - - Show Bio
@zee crusher said:
"

He never trained himself in such a way or he never tried that hard. In GT though he reached super sayian four but with the help of his wife and her machine.

"
 I'm going to have to disagree. He was seen training harder and more intensely than almost any other Z warrior in the DBZ series. I don't really consider GT a legitimate addition to the DB franchise. It wasn't written by Akira Toriyama and was rather silly... With Vegeta's conviction and work I always felt like he deserved to be on the same level as Goku, even though he was never as pure hearted. 
#47 Posted by Primmaster64 (21663 posts) - - Show Bio

GT is not cannon

#48 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Because DBGT is awful. It doesn't exists IMO.

#49 Posted by Primmaster64 (21663 posts) - - Show Bio

It is awful

#50 Posted by Tonystarkbuttherapper (297 posts) - - Show Bio

One good reason I've heard is that SSJ3 is sort of a false level that can't actually be reached by a living person. Think about it; the only people who ever reached SSJ3 were Goku (who was dead when he did it) and a fusion. SSJ3 is also more similar to USSJ than SSJ1 and 2 because it has a drawback (energy consuption) which the others don't. When Goku was alive he had trouble gathering as much energy in SSJ3 as he could when he was dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.