Follow

Vampires

Team » Vampires appears in 4886 issues.

Powerful creatures of the night, neither dead nor living. They typically feed on blood, but what they need to survive can vary.

All Vampires Have a "Little" Bit of "Gay" in Them

• 89 results
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By WARLOCK2792

After seeing the 2 billionth post on this site talking about Edward Cullen's "gayness", and how the Twilight Vamp's are "gay" because they glitter in the sunlight, I've finally had enough.  I mean, ALL vampires have a hint of gayness in them, and I've known this since I was a precious young child.  Have you all truly forgotten what it is that vampires do?  Seriously, do we need to go over the male-on-male life ending hickeys that these "beautiful", "charming", "seductive" creatures are known for?  Well, since OH SO MANY of you have forgotten, allow me to point out something that all vampire males have displayed at one point or another: Gayness 

Let's start with Dracula 

Not exactly the look of a fighter if you ask moi.  Armed with a flowing cape, 3-piece suit, and enough hair gel to reflect moonlight even while in a B&W pic, this Dracula was, in every sense of the word, flamboyant.  After seeing the movie, I can tell you that this guy had some dramatic hand gesturing that could have easily been the inspiration for a certain pirate from a certain caribbean.  Also, he has the ability to turn into a bat, and seduce you with his eyes.  He likes women's blood, but make no mistake, he IS a double dipper. 

Another Dracula that comes to mind is from Bram Stoker's Dracula, where we see Gary Oldman armed with  
    1. Lottabody 
    2. Loreal 
    3. Soul Glo 
    and 4. weave 

Maybe he's born with it.  Or maybe it's Maybelline.  One way or another, he has better hair than some women.  In the movie, he, like the dude above him, has the ability to turn into a bat....and a wolf...and to seduce......And to turn into fog.................and to turn into rodents..............if one more person complains about the Twilight Vamp's abilities, I'm going to bust some balls.   

Mesh shirt, anorexic looks, all black...No, this isn't "True Blood", it's that dude from Queen of the Damned.  However, it is worth noting that the very skinny/guy-liner vamps are still in demand even after almost a decade of the same styles.   

It's not worth mentioning.  All you need to know, is that there is a fan. 

Like this couple, some of you may say "How dare you call them gay?!", and get all Diva on me.  But, quite frankly, I'm sick of people acting as if male vampires are made to be some powerful, lumber jack, muscle man, beer drinking all American dudes.  Stephanie Meyer only made a minor edit to her vamps, which was that they glitter like diamonds when in the sunlight...............................of all of the things people bash Twilight for, that is the #1 feature that they complain about.  So, in other words, you don't care at all that they are fabulous, and have ponytails like dude from Van Helsing, are as gorgeous as Brad Pitt, have weave like Antonio Banderas, have bodies like that one ga....."guy" from "Underworld", and wear tight leather pants that show off 1 wiener and 2 buns, but DIAMOND SKIN is what pushed you over the edge?  Hell, let us take a look at Edward Cullen compared to some of the other vamps in the movie biz. 

He doesn't exactly STAND OUT as the "gay" one here, if you ask anyone with common sense.  And, another thing that I've noticed, is that some people even bash on his family because they are vegan vampires.............................................Question, why did you watch Angel for so long then?   

I'm not saying that you HAVE to like Twilight, and I'm definitely not saying that you have to give Stephanie Meyer an Oscar for originality.  However, given the looks, silky shine, and model-style looks that male vamps have been given over time, I'd appreciate it if people would stop acting as if Edward's looks/diamond skin alone have made him stand out as a "sissy" or anything of the sort.  Because when compared to some of the other vamps out there, he doesn't even BEGIN to set off my gaydar.   

Gracias  

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I don't think it's the glittering that ticks so many people off, it's that they don't combust. Meyer took away all of the classic weaknesses of vamps, and effectively made their lifestyle a no-con situation. That's what annoys the other Vamp fans.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "I don't think it's the glittering that ticks so many people off, it's that they don't combust. Meyer took away all of the classic weaknesses of vamps, and effectively made their lifestyle a no-con situation. That's what annoys the other Vamp fans. "
    I agree with some of what you said, but the part in bold is incorrect.  That's the #1 thing people bring up when they talk about Twilight, and they make comments like THAT FEATURE is what makes them "gay". 
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sexy_merc

I strongly disagree. The ones you listed, sure why not? But...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Primmaster64

heheh yeah they do.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @Sexy Merc
    I KNEW you were coming with that lol.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " I strongly disagree. The ones you listed, sure why not? But...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    "
    Haha, Alucard; clearly it's a Romanian translation of ETERNAL BADASS. 

@White Mage said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "I don't think it's the glittering that ticks so many people off, it's that they don't combust. Meyer took away all of the classic weaknesses of vamps, and effectively made their lifestyle a no-con situation. That's what annoys the other Vamp fans. "
    I agree with some of what you said, but the part in bold is incorrect.  That's the #1 thing people bring up when they talk about Twilight, and they make comments like THAT FEATURE is what makes them "gay".  "

Fair enough. I don't see why it makes them "gay", it just makes them not vampires, imo.
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

The Glittering does piss me off. And I do call them gay because of that, but that is not the sole reason for it. I don't like it how he cares more for loving this human girl and kinda is emo about it (Especially the Emo part, that pisses me off). Dracula was never like that, Dracula went after his victims so he can survive another day (Unless we are talking about the Van Helsing Dracula who wanted to play god and create his Vampire children and wreck havoc on the world). 

Now don't go and say I hate Twilight and I am anti-twilight. I saw the first movie and actually read the second book (Well half-way. I didn't care for it once he left for Italy). Only reason I was interested in the book is because I was curious about it's portray of werewolves. Which most of it I did not like, but I like the telepathic connection they had, makes them feel more like a pack.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Sexy Merc said:
    "I strongly disagree. The ones you listed, sure why not? But...

"

I'll exclude certain crazy anime characters then.  However, most vamps are NOT designed to be scary and hideous.  And there are others that I haven't even BEGUN to talk about. 
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sexy_merc
    @Son Of Storm: 

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " @Son Of Storm: 

"
    STEALING.
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sexy_merc
    @White Mage: He's actually not hideous, pretty charming fellow.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

@FadeToBlackBolt: I love Alucard! I wonder what his name is backwards?

; )
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Understandable 

@Sexy Merc said:
    " @Son Of Storm: 

"

LMAO 

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sexy_merc
    @Son Of Storm: Everyone's been stealing them lately...
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Sexy Merc: Hideous?  No.  Crazy-lookin?  SI
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123

Silly, Dracula's a pimp. ;)

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    "Silly, Dracula's a pimp. ;) "

Gary Oldman has Kat Williams hair. 
    Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Renee

I agree, nice job! I don't really care for Twilight, but the haters can be just as bad as the "twi-hards". It's like, don't like it? Then leave it alone and don't waste all your time hating. 

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " @Son Of Storm: 

"
    LMFAO! Dude, I am soo taking that.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Renee said:
    "  I agree, nice job! I don't really care for Twilight, but the haters can be just as bad as the "twi-hards". It's like, don't like it? Then leave it alone and don't waste all your time hating.  "
    What really irks me is the knowledge that Edward Cullen could kick the crap out of Angel and Blade. That's just wrong.
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sexy_merc
    @White Mage: He's gorgeous...lol.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I hate this song but...

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Renee said:
    "  I agree, nice job! I don't really care for Twilight, but the haters can be just as bad as the "twi-hards". It's like, don't like it? Then leave it alone and don't waste all your time hating.  "
    What really irks me is the knowledge that Edward Cullen could kick the crap out of Angel and Blade. That's just wrong. "
    LMAO  Bella's got a man who can protect her.
    @Renee said:
    " I agree, nice job! I don't really care for Twilight, but the haters can be just as bad as the "twi-hards". It's like, don't like it? Then leave it alone and don't waste all your time hating.  "

Gracias! 

Avatar image for captaincockblock
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#23  Edited By CaptainCockblock
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Silly, Dracula's a pimp. ;) "
    I think he might be compensating ;P But has everyone forgotten 30 Days of Night?
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Sexy Merc said:
    "@White Mage: He's gorgeous...lol.

I hate this song but...

"

ROTFLMAO
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @CaptainCockblock said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Silly, Dracula's a pimp. ;) "
    I think he might be compensating ;P But has everyone forgotten 30 Days of Night? "
    LIES.xD

Oh yeah, those vamps were THE SH1T!
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CaptainCockblock
    @InnerVenom123: Search your feelings. You know it to be true!
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @CaptainCockblock:  
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CaptainCockblock
    @InnerVenom123: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!! Note that Will Smith does about half of these. Evil Dead 2 and Nathan Explosion stand out among the best along with the last one from Whitest Kids U Know. Who knew a single two lettter word could have so much impact on our culture?
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By riri4life
    @White Mage:
    Sit down boy. Vamps have a bit of gay in them just like humans do! lol I'm a bit suprised that as a gay man, you would create a thread that just supports gay stereotypes! Gurl bye.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @riri4life said:
    "@White Mage: Sit down boy. Vamps have a bit of gay in them just like humans do! lol I'm a bit suprised that as a gay man, you would create a thread that just supports gay stereotypes! Gurl bye. "

I have a tougher shell than most people.  No secret there.  However, most of the sh*t I've been hearing about Twilight is based on the fact that people have this idea that the diamond skin somehow made them "gayer" than all the rest.  Which is bullsh*t.  And, quite frankly, since all of the characters here are (allegedly) heterosexual, I'm not understanding how I'm contributing to gay stereotypes. 
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By riri4life
    @White Mage:
    I could give a rat's ass about Twilight, so I have no idea what you are talkin bout there. lol I was just saying how you pointed out the qualities of the characters that "made them gay". I get where you are commin from though. I wasn't throwin any shade at you.  :) 
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @riri4life said:
    "@White Mage:I could give a rat's ass about Twilight, so I have no idea what you are talkin bout there. lol I was just saying how you pointed out the qualities of the characters that "made them gay". I get where you are commin from though. I wasn't throwin any shade at you.  :)  "

LMAO @bold 

LOL I get you :) 

my language is meant to point out something that I feel is rather dumb.  I swear, there are dudes who would sooner defend the "Lost Boys" "Heterosexuality" than Edward's, which, to me, makes no sense whatsoever.  They'll look at Edward and go "Hey, he glitters, he looks gay", and then see the Vamps from Underworld and go "That dude is awesome!  He's wearing low-rise leather pants!"  Which leaves me with this expression 0_0
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By riri4life
    @White Mage:
    lol..........You see the new Rolling Stone cover!? F**k Anna Paquin, I wanna be in the middle of that bloody sandwich!!!!! mhmm
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sexy_merc

Just for the record, I'm not bias against Twilight, it's just that I don't take most vampires seriously because they all feel too well-mannered and girly most of the time. There are some exceptions though, obviously, but I can admit that I'm not a fan of Twilight or any of the vampires you listed.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @riri4life said:
    "@White Mage: lol..........You see the new Rolling Stone cover!? F**k Anna Paquin, I wanna be in the middle of that bloody sandwich!!!!! mhmm "
    LMAO  I still can't believe that they were allowed to use that image.  It seems to me like a lot of people would go "That's too much!  What if a child sees?!" or some stupid thing like that.
    @Sexy Merc said:
    "Just for the record, I'm not bias against Twilight, it's just that I don't take most vampires seriously because they all feel too well-mannered and girly most of the time. There are some exceptions though, obviously, but I can admit that I'm not a fan of Twilight or any of the vampires you listed. "

I'M NOT A FAN of some of the vampires that I listed (admittedly, I had a huge crush on vamp Brad Pitt and Gary Oldman).  Just saying that vamp fem-styles have been around for a while, and Edward's not even close to being on the list.  

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sexy_merc

Cover?

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @Sexy Merc said:

" Cover? "

http://www.spreadit.org/pics/True-Blood-Exposed-for-Rolling-Stone-Magazine-Cover.jpg
    This reminded me why I like True Blood.
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By riri4life
    @White Mage:
    Yeah, but only cuase they had two guys on there. I remember when the Dixie Chicks were naked on the cover, no one cared. lol  

P.S. Don't forget gay werewolves! lol  

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sexy_merc
    @Son Of Storm said:

" @Sexy Merc said:

" Cover? "

http://www.spreadit.org/pics/True-Blood-Exposed-for-Rolling-Stone-Magazine-Cover.jpg
    This reminded me why I like True Blood. "

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " @Son Of Storm said:

" @Sexy Merc said:

" Cover? "

"

ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sexy_merc
    @Son Of Storm: 

I wish I could edit out the KFC part.

-_-
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By riri4life
    @Sexy Merc:
    That ain't right......lol
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " @Son Of Storm said:

" @Sexy Merc said:

" Cover? "

"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

@riri4life said:

"@White Mage: Yeah, but only cuase they had two guys on there. I remember when the Dixie Chicks were naked on the cover, no one cared. lol  "
    HAHAHAHA  Yeah, that's why.  The moment I saw it, I knew that there would be "tag team" jokes galore, and whaddya know, I found some.   

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " @Son Of Storm:   I wish I could edit out the KFC part.  -_- "
    Hey..........I got the point of it lol.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By Magian

I don't hate Twilight but I don't like it either. It's more of a meh situation.

Mediant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#46  Edited By Mediant
    @White Mage: There is a sensuality and sexuality to all vampires-- from Edward Cullen to Count Orlok. The eerie grace, mystery, seduction, and undying youth of vampires (especially of the Anne Rice variety) is gender indiscriminate and very alluring. They will target a man or woman of any age and seduce them. That makes them disturbing. Once they have their victims alone they feed from and possibly kill them. That makes them monsters. You can gain sympathy for these characters with the 'curse of eternal hunger', 'banishment to the night', and 'endlessly fighting to retain their humanity' aspects. What many people (myself included) dislike about Twilight vampires is that they've basically cut all the negatives to a Vampire's existence. 
    The curse of vampirism takes a back seat to high school life and romance with a teenager. The deemphasis of a vampire's monstrous aspects makes the characters unsympathetic. What's more, the two prime traits of vampires are their fatal vulnerability to daylight and their parasitic natures. Removing vulnerability to daylight seems like a degradation of the concept. Making that vulnerability into a beauty enhancing boon is like adding insult to injury. Meyers also chooses to neutralize the parasitic horror of vampires by making the main showing of them in her books vegetarians. These vampires are unlike even Angel, who murders animals or drinks butcher's leavings. By doing these things Meyers seems to have no respect for the traditions of legacy of the sub-genre she's writing in. By making these changes she has essentially domesticated the majority  of vampires in her writing. 
    So sure you could say other vampires in the past seem just as gay as Twilight's vampires, but they were either sympathetic monsters or just straight up horrors. Twilight leaves you with these high style, sexy youths, with super human abilities and all the problems of a 16 year old. No one should be surprised that they criticized for this.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By joshmightbe

How did drinking blood get to be a sexual thing, seriously mosquitoes and leeches drink blood and noone thinks they're sexy  

Aerock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By Aerock

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

What really irks me is the knowledge that Edward Cullen could kick the crap out of Angel and Blade. That's just wrong. "

I'm pretty sure Edward could pwn Angel, but I'm not so sure about Blade...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By joshmightbe
    @aZuLPiNoY: i know who could kill edward 
    No Caption Provided
    hail to the king
    Mediant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mediant
    @joshmightbe: Many (or most) vampires lure in their victims with seduction and personal presence. Others break into bedrooms at night and suck on their victims while they sleep-- classic Dracula style. Also many vampires are humanoid, forever young, aristocratic, and good looking.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.