Vampirella's Ethnicity

#1 Edited by Call me Ghost (3 posts) - - Show Bio

So, i been reading Vampirella lately and a questioned popped out of nowhere. What is Vampirella's ethnicity ? Sometimes she appears to be of Latina descent and other times Caucasian. Does anybody have Any idea ?

#2 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@Call me Ghost : She's not technically human, so I wouldn't call her any ethnicity, but since her name ends with "ella" she's probably supposed to be Latin. If I had to guess, I'd say Italian.
#3 Edited by Call me Ghost (3 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought the same thing untill she got darker/brownish in another issue XD

#4 Posted by creole (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Talisa Soto did play her in a low budget movie? and just like hallie berry playing 'catwoman'. so vampirella could have a latina be her, or just a white woman.

#5 Posted by creole (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I also like to add, that her best friend 'Pantha'. has a cover model named Patricia Rosario, that might be why vampirella still seems like she is a latina.

#6 Posted by jdp180 (99 posts) - - Show Bio

@jotham said:
@Call me Ghost : She's not technically human, so I wouldn't call her any ethnicity, but since her name ends with "ella" she's probably supposed to be Latin. If I had to guess, I'd say Italian.

Or maybe the "ella" part means she is a female.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.